When we talk about the UPSC exam, there are many things one must cover. Further, one must also understand the exam procedure as well. Before applying for the IAS exam, it is essential for one to go through the complete exam details. As a part of the IAS exam study materials, one must be aware of different government policies, organizations, Acts, and other details. Therefore, we have added details of the Fastest Train in India in the article. Know about the Bullet train project in India and bullet train speed in India details. It is also one of the vital topics for the IAS exam. Read the below article and know more about bullet train speed in India and project details.
- Background Details
- Bullet Train Project in India
- Bullet train in India
- Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet Train
- Advantages of Fastest Train in India
- IAS Exam Preparation Tips
- Conclusion – Fastest Train in India
- FAQs – Fastest Train in India
- Editor’s Note | Fastest Train in India
To begin with, India planned to focus on the speed trains in the country. Further, in the year 2017, the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi and Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe laid the base of the Mumbai to Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail.
Suppose you wonder why one must know about the bullet train in India for the UPSC exam. One needs to understand as a part of the IAS main exam. Therefore, in this article, we have added all the essential information. Further, the development of the Indian bullet train is going to be a big move. Further, it comes with benefits and drawbacks as well. However, it will definitely boost a lot of sectors and bring about a boom in the country’s country’s country’s overall growth. Visit the official page of the UPSC for more information on the IAS exam. Click Here
Further, during Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) election election election in the year 2014, it was discussed to build the Diamond Quadrilateral high-speed rail project, which would connect the cities of Chennai, Delhi Kolkata, and Mumbai via high-speed rail. Further, this project was approved for the new government in the incoming president’s speech. Later, India will have two types of high-speed rail.
Bullet Train Project in India
In the first place, the Bullet Train Project in India was launched to bring revolution in the railways. Further, this project consists of the below points.
- Running High-speed trains (speed >300 kmph)
- Introduction of fast & faster train sets
- Running Semi-speed trains has a speed >160 kmph to 200 kmph
- Increasing the speed of existing trains
Later, India’s first bullet train project in the country started with the construction of a corridor between Mumbai and Ahmedabad. Below we have mentioned High-Speed Rail (HSR) corridors.
- Delhi -Varanasi
- Delhi – Ahmedabad
- Mumbai– Nagpur
- Mumbai – Hyderabad
- Chennai – Mysore
- Delhi –Amritsar
India owing to a growing economy and varies on railways for transportation. Further, India has planned to increase the speed of the trains. Besides, it planned speed trains of high-speed trains (with a speed >300 km) and semi speed trains (with speed>160 km to 200 km)
Bullet train in India
Further, bullet trains are saved time and boost business in large cities. These are alternative modes of transport that will decongest the roads. With respect to safety, bullet trains in the field of safety have been impeccable. They are also environmentally friendly, and the emissions of CO2 per passenger-km from speed rails are way less than that of automobiles and airplanes.
However, the fares may range from Rs. 4000 to Rs 5000 to make the running of trains economically viable. Surely, such prices are affordable by the who is rich.
Shinkansen Technology refers to the high-speed rail network in Japan. Further, this train attains a high speed without compromising on comfort and safety through the use of this technology. Besides, this network makes use of viaducts and tunnels to go through the obstacles. Moreover, as it uses a lighter vehicle, chances of damage to the tracks are minimal. Further, these trains offer fast acceleration & deceleration and are electric multiple units.
Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet Train
- The Mumbai-Ahmedabad high-speed corridor will have a high-speed train, with financial assistance from the Japanese Government.
- Further, it uses Shinkansen high-speed technology. Besides, National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle has been formed for the implementation of this project.
- Talking about the cost of the train it is estimated around 1.10 Lakh Crore. Besides, the financial assistance is provided by the Japanese government in the form of a loan up to 81% of the project.
- The Mumbai to Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail project will cover a distance of 508 km. Then, it is expected to completed by the 2022.
- Lastly, it will also create about 15 lakh jobs in India.
Advantages of Fastest Train in India
- With no doubt most of our time is saved. It is one of the main advantage of the bullet trains.
- Further, bullet trains are fuel efficient, as they will save a lot of fuel on their vehicles and the train is also highly fuel-efficient.
- These trains are comfortable and safe.
- They also help with the economic boost for the country. As it will increase direct and indirect employment, boost tourism and business.
- Along with it will make cpntribution to the Make in India projects. Further, it also has advantages to the real estates.
- As we have already mentioned already these trains are expensive in nature. As the fare of trains are on the higher side. The Mumbai- Ahmedabad high-speed rail costs around one lakh crore Indian Rupee.
- Further, for this project there is a need to vacate a few places and relocate them.
IAS Exam Preparation Tips
Further, we will help you by providing some useful tips for the IAS exam. If you are reading this article, you are probably aware of the IAS exam procedure and the exam syllabus. You will get three rounds in the IAS exam, and one must clear all stages. The exam syllabus is huge, and one must refer to the previous year’s question papers. To get the best scores in the exam, one needs to follow up on some good practices. One must also read the success stories of the IAS officer, and it will motivate you to study more for the exam.
One must understand the exam pattern and the syllabus of the paper. Further, one can also give mock tests, and many platforms offer you test series and mock tests. By doing so, you will understand your skills better. It will also help you to know about your improvement areas. One should make the best use of available time and give time for all the subjects. Revision is again one of the essential things in any exam. It is best to revise the previous topics before starting the new one. Also, have a habit of reading the newspapers daily, and it will help you to know about the current affairs. Get all information about the UPSC exam like syllabus, books, procedure, pattern, etc. Read More
Conclusion – Fastest Train in India
In summary, the above article gives you complete information on the Fastest Train in India and Bullet Train speed in India. We have covered the essential details like Bullet Train Project in India, advantages, and disadvantages. Further, it is one of the important topics to understand for the IAS main exams. Therefore, try to note down all points while reading the article. Besides, check out other UPSC study materials here; we have covered some vital concepts that are essential for the exam. We know it is the toughest exam present in India. However, we see many people clearing the exams at their first attempt, and also, there are many who cleared it without coaching. Therefore, we can say it depends on our hard work and dedication. So, with the right plan and direction, you can fulfill your dreams—all the best for your exams.
Go through the necessary links and understand all details related to the exam. Try to follow up with some great tips to get the best results in the exam.
FAQs – Fastest Train in India
Vande Bharat Express (22435/22436 and 22439/22440)
Understand the exam pattern, syllabus, and which are the best books. Further, try to solve as many question papers as possible.
Mettupalayam Ooty Nilgiri Passenger train.
The fastest train in the world found in China.
Editor’s Note | Fastest Train in India
The above article gives you all details related to the Fastest Train in India and Bullet Train speed in India. We suggest you go through the complete article; it will help with your exam preparation. It is one of India’s vital projects, knowing its impact, background details, advantages, and disadvantages. It is one of the essential topics for the UPSC and also gets details of the IAS exam. We have added some of the useful tips for the UPSC exam. Besides, you will find essential links that will help you with your IAS exam preparations. As we always try to maintain a separate notebook that will help you during the exam. Good luck with your exams