To begin with, when we plan to write the exam, there are many things to be looked after. Apart from studying for the exam, one must look after documents if you are worried and confused, which are the essential documents for the documents required for UPSC mains. Therefore, in the article, we will be discussing the Documents Required for UPSC CSE Prelims and the Mains Exam. Thus, we have tried covering complete information on the documents required for the ias exam. Let’s begin.
- Documents Required for UPSC CSE Exam
- How to Register for the Exam?
- Important Guidelines
- Conclusion – Documents Required for UPSC CSE Exam
- Editor’s Note | Documents Required for UPSC Exam
In the first place, when we talk about the IAS exam, one thought that arrives in everyone’s mind is one of the toughest exams in India. Yes, one can agree as it has the longest syllabus and the difficulty level. This exam is conducted by the UPSC evet year, and we see many students and working professionals applying for the exam. Further, there are three main stages present in the IAS exam.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview Round
So, one must clear all the stages to get the best results in the exam. Besides, there are two papers of objective type in the prelims, and in the main paper, there are nine papers that are descriptive in nature. Then, those who clear the main paper are allowed to give interviews. Further, one can join the classes to prepare for the exam. There are many who join, and also there are people who prepare on their own. However, one can clear the exam with the right plan and direction. Then, this exam tests your hard work and dedication towards your goals. If you want the details of the IAS exam, click here for the details on the IAS exam, syllabus, books, and other details.
However, before all these, one must apply for the exam, and for this, one must register and upload all the essential documents. Therefore, below you will find complete information on the documents required for the UPSC CSE/IAS exam.
Documents Required for UPSC CSE Exam
Further, below we have added the complete details of the documents for the exam. Do take note of them, so that you will not miss any. If you fail to submit any document, it may create problems in the future.
- An Active Email ID
- A valid mobile number
- Banking details
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Graduation Marksheet
- A medical certificate, if required
- Category certificate, if required
- Scanned Photograph
- Scanned Signature
Documents required for UPSC Prelims
Now let us understand the documents required for UPSC prelims,
- A scanned photograph of the applicant
- A scanned signature of the applicant
- Government-issued Photo-id card – It includes Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Aadhaar Card.
Documents required for UPSC Mains
Further, if you clear the prelims, you will be able to write the IAS main exam. Check out the documents required for the IAS main exam.
- Educational Qualification Certificates – You require a degree certificate awarded by the university or an equivalent qualification recognized by the UPSC.
- Proof of Age – matriculation or secondary school leaving certificate.
- EWS Certificate – It is for the Proof is required to avail of the EWS reservation.
- Further caste certificate if it is applicable – Certificate supporting OBC/SC/ST status. It is authorized by the District Officer/Sub-divisional Officer/any other officer as authorized by the government.
- Disability Certificate if applicable – certificate issued by a Medical Board constituted by the Central or State government.
- Certificate supporting age relaxation claim if applicable – It includes the OBC/ST/SC status certificate. Or disability certificate or J&K domicile certificate or defense personnel certificate.
- Further, it id for the government servants – A statement that includes you have intimated in writing to your Head of the Office/Department about you taking the UPSC.
- J&K Domicile, if applicable – Authorised by the District Magistrate under whose jurisdiction you had resided in J&K between 1 Jan 1980 and 31 Dec 1989.
- Documents for the non-creamy layer OBC status include proof in support of service/landholding/status/income from various sources/property held by your parents in support of the non-creamy layer OBC claim.
- Lastly, disabled while in defense service, if applicable – Issued by the Director-General Resettlement, Ministry of Defence.
Documents Needed for UPSC Personality Test
Those who clear the Main exam are allowed to give Personality. So, now we will look into the documents required for the same below.
- Matriculation certificate: It is for the proof of name and DOB. and one must also, carry a self-attested photocopy of the same.
- Degree Certificate – It is for the proof of the educational qualification, issued by the university and carry a self-attested photocopy of the same.
- Print-out of the e-Summon Letter.
- Government-issued Photo-id card
- Further, two recent passport size photographs, and one should be self-attested.
- Certificates for the age relaxation if applicable.
How to Register for the Exam?
Now you have understood all the details related to documents for the UPSC exam. Below we have explained how to register for the exam, and you can follow the steps.
- In the first place, you must visit the official website. (https://www.upsc.gov.in/ ) and click on the UPSC Civil Services Examination 2021’, it is found under the Active Examinations section.
- Further, you have to fill in your personal details, which include Personal, Educational, Parental, and Employment details.
- Besides, there are a total of six modules, and you are required to fill one after the other. One can make the changes before the final submission. But, after the final submission, it is not possible to make any changes, so be careful.
- Further, for the application fee, one can make either online and offline payments. For online payment, one can use credit cards or internet banking services.
- Then, for the offline mode, you can download the e-challan and submit it to the bank. Besides, make sure that you will have fee paid receipt.
- Further, you are required to upload photographs and signatures. Below is the table; we have added specifications; make sure that you have the same dimension and format.
|Photograph||3Kb – 40Kb||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||.JPG|
|Signature||1Kb – 40Kb||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm||.JPG|
- Then, in the below table, we have added details of the exam fees. So, understand the table and know which applies to you.
|Category||IAS Prelims- Exam Fee||IAS Mains- Exam Fee|
|General/ EWS/ OBC Candidates (Male)||INR 100||INR 200|
|Female candidates (All Categories)||Exempted from fee payment||Exempted from fee payment|
|SC / ST / PH candidates||Exempted from fee payment||Exempted from fee payment|
Below we have mentioned important points that are essential to take care of while applying for the exam.
- Don’t put an application in any other person’s name for the successful applicant.
- Further, one must not submit fabricated documents.
- One must not submit multiple applications, and in case of multiple registrations, an application with a higher Registration ID (RID) will be considered.
- Further, one must carefully provide a valid email id while filling the application.
Conclusion – Documents Required for UPSC CSE Exam
To conclude, in the article, you will find the complete information on the documents required for the UPSC CSE Exam. Before filling the application form, one must keep all the documents, and it will make your work easy. So, in the article, we have added all the information related to the documents required for the ias exam. Know how to apply for the exam, fee details, all the details related to the documents. One must take care while filling the application like name, email id, DOB, etc. Once you submit the application, it is not possible to make any corrections. So, take time but fill the application properly. Then, upload all the documents in mentioned sizes. Further, for more details on the, you can visit the official website to find more information.
One can visit the official site for more details related to the UPSC and the IAS exam. Read More. To clear the exam one must work hard. Not everyone can clear this exam, one who works hard and prepares well for the exam can clear the exam. It is normal to get tensed, but be calm and composed and study for the exam.
Lastly, we have added a few FQS for more understanding.
A fee of INR 100 is required for IAS Exam Registration
No, it is not possible. To apply for the exam, one must have a degree in any field.
180 IAS officers are selected every year.
Editor’s Note | Documents Required for UPSC Exam
In brief, in the article, you will get the complete information on the documents required for the UPSC prelims and mains exam. Submitting the right documents is essential for the exam. Further, in the article, we have added information registration, documents, and other details. Keep all your documents ready before applying for the exam. One can visit the official website for the details on the exam dates, results, etc. Therefore, one needs to visit the website for the latest details. For more details on the IAS exam, we have covered all the details of the exam. Then, make sure that you have noted down the the essential points from the article. We are trying to help you with your exam preparation—all the best for the exams.