To begin with, in this article, you will find complete information on the UPSC IAS 2022 Exam Date. The IAS exam is held by the UPSC authority every year. Further, if you have a plan of writing the IAS, it is essential to know all the information of the IAS exam. The article helps you by providing details on the UPSC exam calendar 2022, prelims, and main exam. So, make sure that you write down all the essential points while reading the article.
- UPSC Calendar 2022
- How to apply for the IAS exam?
- Conclusion – UPSC 2022 Exam Date
- FAQs – UPSC 2022 Exam Date
- Editor's Note | UPSC 2022 Exam Date
Before getting into the main topic, we will look into the details of the IAS exam. Besides, as we have mentioned already, it is the civil service conducted by the UPSC authority every year. Further, the exam is conducted to recruit people into the civil services of India, including IAS, IPS, IFS, and other allied services.
UPSC Calendar 2022
In the below table, you will find complete details of the UPSC 2022 Exam Date. besides, the interview date is yet to be released.
|Release of Notification – UPSC CSE 2022||02.02.2022|
|UPSC Online Registration for UPSC CSE 2022 (Begins on)||02.02.2022|
|Deadline to Apply For UPSC CSE 2022||22.02.2022|
|UPSC CSE Prelims 2022 Exam||05.06.2022 (Sunday)|
|UPSC CSE Prelims 2022 Result||July|
|UPSC CSE Mains 2022 Exam||16.09.2022|
Let us have a brief look into the IAS exam eligibility. In the first place, the age limit to write the exam is 21 to 32 years, and there will be relaxation provided for some reserved categories. Further, with educational qualification, one must have graduated from any recognized university.
Further, we will look into the IAS exam procedure and the exam pattern. The IAS exam mainly consists of three main stages.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Lastly, Interview Round
Further, there will be two papers General Studies and CSAT papers, in the prelims. Later, there are nine papers in the main paper, and they are objective types. Lastly, there will be an interview round.
UPSC 2022 Prelims
According to the officials, the UPSC 2022 prelims is conducted on 5th June 2022. Further, below we have added the essential points on the IAS prelims exam.
- It is the first stage of the IAS exam and it has two papers GS-I and CSAT.
- Both the papers (prelims and mains) are of objective type and GS 1 has 100 questions, while CSAT has 80.
- Then, CSAT paper is of qualifying nature and it is important for one to get the minimum of 66 marks in the GS paper 1 checked.
- Lastly, marks of both the prelims papers are not considered for the final merit list.
IAS Main exam 2022
Once you clear the preliminary exam, you can write the main paper. Further, the main exam of the IAS is from 16th September 2022 onwards.
- In the first place, it is a theory based paper and there are nine papers, they are descriptive type.
- Further, one must secure atleast 30 percent in Indian language paper and 25 percent in English Language paper. Besides, failing which the remaining papers (GS, Essay & Optional) are not evaluated.
- Besides, one must select one optional subject from the list of 48 subjects. There are two optional subjects.
- Language papers are for 300 marks and the remaining seven papers are of 250 marks.
UPSC Inteview 2022
Later, the dates of the interview round are not announced yet. Further, only those who have cleared the main exam can give an interview.
Note – Get all the information related to the IAS exam like syllabus, exam pattern, books, tips, and other details. Click Here. This exam requires your special efforts and hard work. Further, only with the right plan and direction, you can clear the exam.
How to apply for the IAS exam?
Further, understand how to apply for the exam. We have added all the necessary steps below for the exam procedure.
- In the first place, one must visit the official website and click on the ‘UPSC Civil Services Examination 2022′, which is present under Active Examinations section.
- Further, one must all details like personal, educational, and employment details. There are a total of six modules. Keep saving each module after filling in the details.
- Besides, one can make changes before the final submission, and you cannot make any changes after the submission. Therefore, make sure that you are filling all the details carefully.
- Further, for the exam fee, you can either pay online or by offline method. For the online payment, one can use a credit card/debit card/Rupay card or Internet Banking Services.
- Later, for the offline method, one can download the e-challan and submit the fee at the SBI. The application form fee for the exam is INR 100.
- Then, do not forget to get the fee payment receipt after the successful payment.
- Further, one must select the IAS exam center according to their preference.
- Later, one must upload all the necessary documents in the mentioned format. Make sure that you keep ready of all documents before filling the application form.
- Lastly, click on ‘I Agree’ and after that, one can submit their online application form. Take the printout of the application for future reference.
Exam Fees – UPSC 2022 Exam Date
As we have mentioned, one can pay either online or offline mode. For offline method payment, the candidate must remit the amount in any branch of SBI. Further, for online fee payment, one go for the SBI Net Banking facility or payment through a debit/credit/ Rupay card. Besides, if you want to pay through cash, need to take a printout of the system-generated Pay-in-slip, and cash must be paid in BI Branch on the next working day only. Later, in the below table, you will get details on the relaxation for the various categories.
|Category||IAS Prelims- Exam Fee||IAS Mains- Exam Fee|
|General/ EWS/ OBC Candidates (Male)||INR 100||INR 200|
|Female candidates (All Categories)||Exempted from fee payment||Exempted from fee payment|
|SC / ST / PH candidates||Exempted from fee payment||Exempted from fee payment|
Documents Required – UPSC calendar 2022
Below we have added information on all the essential documents for the IAS exam 2022.
- An Active Email ID
- A valid mobile number
- Banking details
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Graduation Marksheet
- A medical certificate, if required
- Category certificate, if required
- Scanned Photograph
- Lastly, Scanned Signature
|Photograph||3Kb – 40Kb||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||.JPG|
|Signature||1Kb – 40Kb||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm||.JPG|
The above table gives you complete information on the documents to be uploaded with the format. Make sure that you keep all documents ready in the suggested format.
Conclusion – UPSC 2022 Exam Date
To conclude, the article assists you by providing all the necessary information on the UPSC calendar 2022 or UPSC 2022 Exam Date. If you are an IAS aspirant, it becomes vital for you to go through the official website for more information on the UPSC exam. Further, we have added the complete procedure to apply for the exam and the documents required for the IAS exam. Besides, The UPSC exam is believed to be one of the toughest exams present in India, and it has the longest syllabus. Along with preparing for the exam, one needs to understand the exam requirements and then only apply for the exam. We have briefly explained the exam eligibility.
Further, click here to get the complete information on the IAS exam eligibility and all the other details. Read More. Besides, we have added all details, it will give you a clear understanding of the exam procedure and other related details.
FAQs – UPSC 2022 Exam Date
Lastly, check out a few FAQs below on the above topic.
In the first place, go through the official site and know the exam procedure. Further, understand the exam syllabus and the paper pattern. Then, make a proper plan and start preparing for the exam.
The main exam of the IAS is from 16th September 2022 onwards.
One will get three weeks to 1 month to complete the application procedure.
Yes, one can apply for the IAS exam 2022 by understanding the exam eligibility and other details. If you fulfill all the requirements, you can apply for the exam.
Editor’s Note | UPSC 2022 Exam Date
In brief, in the above article, we have added all details related to the UPSC 2022 Exam Date. It is important for one to understand all the details of the exam before applying. Therefore, in the article above we have covered all essential information about the UPSC exam. Also, we have all the essential links that will also help you with the exam. Once you go through the official website, you will understand about the exam details and UPSC calendar 2022. As we all know that the IAS exam is the toughest exam, but it is possible for one to clear the exam with all right plans and efforts.