The government of India takes so many initiatives in various fields. One of them is Atal Innovation Mission (AIM). This article will give you all information related to the AIM. Again it is one of the essential topics for the IAS exam. Therefore, read the complete article and get complete information on the same. Then, we suggest one keep a separate notebook to write down all points, and you can read the same during the exam. To get the best rank in the exam, try to work hard and cover all points.
- AIM – Atal Innovation Mission
- Focus Areas under AIM
- Initiatives of Atal Innovation Mission
- Campaigns of AIM
- Atal New India Challenges
- Latest News of Atal Innovation Mission
- IAS Exam Details and Suggestions
- Conclusion – Atal Innovation Mission
- Editor's Note | Atal Innovation Mission
In the first place, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is the Government of India’s flagship initiative to encourage a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country. Further, in this article, you will find all the Atal Innovation Mission information. It is one of the essential topics for the IAS exam. As we all know, the IAS exam is one of India’s challenging exams. Further, one must work hard and put in all special efforts to get the best results in the exam. We have covered all essential information related to the IAS exam, from the exam application to the results. Know More.
AIM – Atal Innovation Mission
Further, Atal Innovation Mission launched phase 1 of the second edition of the Atal New India Challenge. In addition, the AIM, in partnership with the Railway Board, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, has launched the Atal New India Challenge.
Further, it mainly concentrates on two functions.
- Entrepreneurship promotion through Self-Employment and Talent Utilization,
- Innovation promotion: to offer a platform where innovative ideas are generated.
- In the first place, to develop unique, new programs and policies for enhancing innovation in different sectors of the economy,
- Further, to offer platform and collaboration opportunities for different stakeholders.
- Then to create awareness and create an umbrella structure to oversee the country’s innovation ecosystem.
- In addition, it has released the iCrest program to enable and empower its incubators. It is to nurture the next-gen startups.
- The main objective is to structure a capacity-building program to enable the incubators to design and implement world-class entrepreneurship programs.
- Sourcing & selection
- Incubation & startup building
- Community engagement and collaborations
- Monitoring progress & tracking growth
- Mentor onboarding & management
Focus Areas under AIM
We have listed some of the focus areas under AIM below.
- Mixing blades for composting
- Decentralized composting
- Quality of compost
- Waste management recycling/reuse
- Safe transport
- Smart mobility
- Fog vision system for road and rail
- Climate-smart agriculture
Initiatives of Atal Innovation Mission
- Atal Tinkering Lab – It is to create a problem-solving mindset across schools in India. Further, it has selected 10,000 schools in 680+ districts of the country to establish ATLs. 7000+ schools are funded till now, and over 2 million students have access to ATLs.
- Atal Incubation Center – Fostering world-class startups and adding a new dimension to the incubator model. It has successfully formed more than 68 Atal Incubation Centres with universities/institutions / private players.
- Mentor India – It is a national mentor network in collaboration with the public sector, corporates, and institutions. To date, AIM has over 10000 registrations across the nation on the AIM INNONET portal, with 4000 allocated to ATLs and AICs.
- Atal New India Challenge – It is for the product innovations and aligning them to the needs of various sectors/ministries.
- ANIC 1.0 – It is an open innovation challenge e format where challenge statements were put out in the public domain.
- ANIC 2.0 – It is for the E-mobility, Road Transportation, Space Technology and Application, Sanitation Technology, Medical Devices and Equipment, Waste Management, and Agriculture.
- Atal Community Innovation Centre – To stimulate community-centric innovation and ideas in the unserved /underserved regions, including Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities. Further, over 650 applications have been received from the various places, and 50 ACICs will be established during the coming years. currently, 24 ACIC applications are undergoing due diligence, and upon clearance, they shall be established by March 2021
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE – Atal New India Challenge (ANIC) Program – Stimulate innovation and research in the MSME industry.
Campaigns of AIM
- AIM-Prime Program – It is to promote science and technology-based ideas to market through training and guidance over nine months. Further, the target audience is technology developers and incubations managers. Then, the PRIME stands for Program for Researchers on Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- AIM-iCREST stands for Incubator Capabilities enhancement for a Robust Ecosystem for high-performing startups. Further, it mainly consists of
- Incubator Structured Training
- Startup Training
- Global Best Practices Study
Atal New India Challenges
The NITI has launched the Atal New India Challenge under the Atal Innovation Mission. Further, this program will be by the ISRO and four ministries.
- Ministry of Defence;
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries;
- and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
Further, the Atal New India Challenge Program consists of
- Make in India
- Startup India
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat
Latest News of Atal Innovation Mission
To promote innovation in schools, Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog has signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) with IT company CGI India. Further, as a part of the SOI, which is signed between AIM, NITI Aayog, and CGI, over 100 schools from Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Mumbai have ATLs will be adopted by CGI to promote and train students. In addition, under CGI, volunteers will coach and mentor students at the ATLs to boost their technical literacy.
IAS Exam Details and Suggestions
In the first place, the IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC. One must go through the official website and understand the requirements of the exam, then apply for the IAS exam. Further, in the IAS exam, there are three rounds they are the Preliminary round, the main exam, and the Interview round. It is important for one to clear all three rounds. Below we have added some essential tips that will help you with the IAS exam preparations.
- As we have mentioned already, it is vital for one to refer to the previous year’s papers. It will help you to know about the IAS exam syllabus and the paper pattern.
- Further, visit the official IAS exam site and know what are the requirements of the exam before applying for the exam. Click here to visit the official site of the UPSC.
- Then know which are the best books for the IAS exam. Many books are present in the market, but know which are the best books according to your needs. Further, you will find many sources online these days, and you can even study from the same.
- Current Affairs are an essential part of the IAS exam, and one must have a habit of reading newspapers daily. Also, make a note of all important points.
- Try to solve as many mock papers as possible and test series. It will help you to know your skills and how to improve them.
- In addition, one must practice answer writing, it will improve your writing speed and how to cover all points in less time. Therefore, whenever you complete a certain portion, practice answer writing. As we have mentioned already, one must invest energy and time to get the best results in the exam.
Conclusion – Atal Innovation Mission
In summary, the article gives you complete information related to the Atal Innovation Mission. Further, it is one of the vital topics for the UPSC exam. Further, AIM has taken many initiatives that are helping in innovations and other fields. Understand the objectives and functions of the AIM. When it comes to the UPSC exam, one has to cover various topics in different fields. Therefore, one must go through the previous year’s papers that will help you to learn about the IAS exam paper pattern and the syllabus. In addition, we have added other IAS exam study materials that will help you with the exam. Know More.
Go through the below FAQs for more details on the AIM,
AIM is a flagship initiative set up by the NITI Aayog in 2016 to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship across the country.
A total of 8,706 Atal Tinkering Labs have been set up in schools across the country.
Dell Technologies, in partnership with NITI Aayog, Hope, and Raspberry Pi Foundation, announced the launch of its first ‘Atal Tinkering Lab’ in Mumbai at Rajda Municipal School
Editor’s Note | Atal Innovation Mission
The article will provide you with complete information related to the Atal Innovation Mission. We have added all information to help you with the IAS exam preparations. Therefore, try to write all the essential points while reading the article. It will help you with the exam preparations. Further, visit the links provided above; they will help you to get information related to the IAS exam. However, to clear the IAS exam, one must work hard and put in the effort to get the best results in the IAS exam. Lastly, we wish you good luck with the IAS exam. Try to follow all rules that we have mentioned above in the article.