One must understand important policies, organizations, schemes, and other vital things for the IAS exam. So, we are trying to cover all essential topics that are vital for the IAS exam. This article will speak about the Brahmos Missile. First, understand the world’s fastest missile details: Brahmos Missile range, speed, and supersonic missile. As a part of the IAS exam study materials, it is one of the essential topics that will assist you in gaining good marks in the exam. Also, get some important tips to get the best results in the exam.
About the Article
To begin with, the BrahMos Missile of the Indian Armed forces is a supersonic cruise missile developed by DRDO and Russia. It is a medium-range ramjet supersonic cruise missile that can be launched from submarines, ships, aircraft, or land. Like every other topic, it is one of the essential topics for the UPSC exam. Further, read the complete article and note down important points to help you with IAS exam preparations.
Further, the name BrahMos missile derives its name from the combination of the names of Brahmaputra and Moskva Rivers. It is developed and produced by BrahMos Aerospace, a joint venture company set up by DRDO and Mashinostroyenia of Russia. Further, it is a two-stage missile with a solid propellant booster in the first stage and a liquid ramjet in the second stage. Then, the BrahMos is a system called the ‘standoff range weapons.’ Further, that can be fired from a range sufficient to allow the attacker to evade defensive fire from the adversary.
|Stage 1||Solid Propellant Booster EngineIs separated after it reaches MACH-1 or Supersonic speed.|
|Stage 2||Liquid Ramjet EngineTakes the missile close to MACH 3 in the cruise phase|
Further, India’s entry into the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) has extended the range of the BRAHMOS missile to reach 450 km-600km, a shade above its current MTCR capped range 300 km. Besides, Brahmos is the heaviest weapon present on Su-30 MKI fighter aircraft, with 2.5 tonnes. Moreover, it works based on the Fire and Forgets principle. It is one of the fastest cruise missiles currently operationally deployed with the speed of Mach 2.8, which is three times more than the speed of sound.
- Stealth Technology and Advanced guidance system
- Further, it has a high Target Accuracy (irrespective of weather conditions)
- Constant supersonic speed and operates on ‘Fire and Forget’ Principle
- BrahMos can be launched from land, ships, aircraft, and even submarines.
- Lastly, one of the heaviest missiles, weighing up to 2.5 tonnes.
- In the first place, On Nov 24, the Indian Army successfully launched its BrahMos from Car Nicobar Islands.
- Further, the launch was first in the series of launches of the various versions of missile. Further, in coming days in a display of India’s tactical cruise missile triad
- According to the retired IAF commander said, tests of land, ship and air launched BrahMos have been done. It is hard to test back-to-back that too in the Indian Ocean Region.
- Further, tests certainly project India’s firm strategic posture in the light of situations . Along with the LAC and China ambitions in the Indian Ocean Region.
- On Sep 30, BrahMos surface-to-surface supersonic Land-Attack Cruise Missile featuring an indigenous booster and airframe section along with various other Made in India sub-systems was flight tested from ITR.
Various Versions of supersonic missile
Further, its versions have a range of around 400 km compared to its initial capacity of 290 km, with more versions of higher fields currently under development. Besides, versions that can be fired from land, submarines, warships, and Sukhoi-30 fighter jets have already been manufactured and successfully tested in the past. But, then, the old versions of the ship launched BrahMos, and the land-based system has been in service of the Indian Navy and Army.
Let us understand the significance of various launches. So, the land-based systems Brahmos Complex has 4 to 6 mobile autonomous launchers, with each having 3 missiles on board that can be fired almost simultaneously. Further, batteries of the BrahMos missile land-based systems have been deployed along India’s land borders in various theatres. Besides the ship-based system, the Indian Navy began inducting BrahMos on its frontline warships in 2005 and hit sea-based targets beyond the radar horizon. The Naval version has been successful in sea-to-sea and sea-to-land modes.
Then, the air-launched version On Nov 22, 2017, Brahmos was successfully flight-tested for the first time from the IAF frontline fighter in the Bay of Bengal Lastly, and the submarine version can be launched around 50 meters below the water surface. Besides, the canister stored missile is launched vertically from the submarine’s pressure hull and uses different settings for underwater and out-of-the-water flights.
- Further, in 2016 India became a member of the MTCR. Later, the India and Russia are now planning to jointly develop a new generation of Brahmos missiles. That consists of a 1500 km-plus range and an ability to hit protected targets with pinpoint accuracy.
- Later, on 24 Nov 2020, DRDO successfully test-fired an upgraded 800 km BrahMos variant.
- BrahMos-II is a world’s fastest missile currently under development and is predicted to be 600 km. Then, it has the speed of the current BrahMos missile, and it will be the fastest hypersonic missile in the world.
- Then, the BrahMos-NG is a mini version based on the existing BrahMos. it has a 290 km range and Mach 3.5 speed. But it will weigh around 1.5 tons, 5 meters in length, and 50 cm in diameter.
- BrahMos Aerospace is planning to build BrahMos-NG in Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- Lastly, the Indian Air Force has already confirmed a requirement of 400 missiles that will cost around ₹8,000 crores and be delivered within five years of a time period.
Suggestions for the IAS exam
In the IAS exam, prelims, main exam, and interview round. It is essential for one to clear all stages of the exam to get selected. To get the best score in the IAS exam, you can either self-study or join the classes. Get all data related to the IAS exam, and you get all information like exam books, syllabus, tips, etc. Read More.
- In the first place, one must understand the exam syllabus and exam pattern. For this purpose one can refer to the last year’s papers you will get an idea about topics, pattern, syllabus, and marks.
- Further, one must make the best use of available time and give time for all the subjects. Make a proper timetable and try to follow the same. Also know which are the best books for all subjects and try to study from them.
- Revision is the vital thing for any exam, it will help you to remember things well. Make sure that you have revised the previous topics before starting the new one.
- One must have a habit of reading news papers it will help you to know about the current affairs. Understanding of the current affairs is really important for the IAS exam.
- Lastly, one must visit the official webiste to know about the latest updates related to the IAS exam. Click Here to know all information related to the UPSC exam.
Conclusion – Brahmos Missile Range
The article will discuss Brahmos Missile range, speed, and supersonic missile. We have added all information that is essential for the IAS exam. Further, we have also added some valuable tips and suggestions that will help you gain good marks in the exam. Understanding the Brahmos Missile is essential as it is one of the world’s fastest missiles. It is unnecessary to know all points, know the vital points and prepare for the exam. To clear the IAS exam, one must be highly ambitious and dedicative. This exam will check not only your subject knowledge but also your dedication towards your goals. There are many who wishes to become the next IAS officer, but only a few make it till the end. Further, try to use tips that will help you with the exam.
FAQs -Brahmos Missile Speed
Thailand, Vietnam, and Indonesia are among the countries that have shown an interest in the BrahMos.
BrahMos missile is the fastest missile in the world.
Editor’s Note | Brahmos Missile
In summary, we have added details of the Brahmos Missile, which is the world’s fastest missile. Know about the Brahmos missile range and Brahmos speed. It is a vital concept for the IAS exam, and one must refer to the previous year’s question papers. Further, there are many platforms that offer you mock tests and test series. Giving mock tests will help improve your skills and know your improvement areas. We have also added essential links that will help you get information about the exam. We wish you best wishes for the exam, prepare well. Lastly, we all know it’s hard, but one can make it to the end with a proper plan and dedication. Good Luck with your exams.