In our earlier, we have covered the detail of how to become an IPS officer. Further, you will find complete details like syllabus, pattern, eligibility, application form, and other details. Then addition to this knowing salary structure, roles, powers are also very important. This article covered details such as IPS Officer Salary in India, DGP salary, DSP salary, SP salary, and other important details. Then, if you are interested in this post, this article will help you with the complete details. Check the details below for the complete details of DGP, DSP, SP salary, and also perks of an IPS officer.
Before understanding the salary of an IPS officer, let us take a brief look at the IPS officer. Further, the Indian Police Service is one of the three all-India Service of the Government of India. But then, it was formed in the year 1948, and it is part of the Civil Services Examination conducted by the UPSC each year. It is also the most respected job in India and nearly 5 – 8 lakh aspirants take the exam but only 100 make the cut as IPS officers. It is the pride and opportunity to serve the people of the country. Further, the functional departments of IPS are Crime Branch, Criminal Investigation Department, Home Guards, Traffic Bureau. Let us now discuss the IPS officer salary.
Further, if you want to know more about IPS officers, Read More.
What IPS Officers do?
As it is one of the respected positions in India. So, the responsibility of an IPS officer is to maintain peace among the public. Let us understand the responsibilities of IPS officers below.
- To begin with, the IPS officer is responsible for safeguarding the Public, and their primary duty is to maintain peace among the Public.
- Further, they serve fo the state and central as well. Then, the main role is to command the Indian Intelligence Agencies like Research and Analysis, Intelligence Bureau. Central Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Bureau of Investigation, etc.
- Lastly, they give importance to law and order, and they are into detecting and preventing crime, traffic control, preventing drugs, accidents, etc.
Then, like an IAS exam even the IPS exam is very difficult. However, if you focus on the right things and plan correctly, you can clear the exam. These kinds of exams require a perfect plan. Therefore, to help you with the exam preparations, we have gathered all details required for the exam. Like syllabus, books, patterns, exam dates, results, and all the other related details. So, you can check here.
IPS Officer Salary
The basic starting pay of an IPS officer salary in India is INR 56,100 a month, which also includes:
- Travelling Allowance (TA)
- Dearness Allowances (DA)
- House Rent Allowances (HRA)
|Entry-level (starting salary)||Rs 56,100|
|Maximum Pay||Rs 2,25,000|
Then, the table above specifies the salary of an entry-level; and experienced IPS officers salary. Best IAS Coaching in Navi Mumbai
Other than pay, an IPS Officer additionally appreciates specific advantages depending on their position. The Indian Government fixes the compensation grades of IPS officials and is redesigned when another compensation commission is shaped. The compensations of IPS Officers have had a recipient impact with a corresponding expansion in their pay rates through the Seventh Pay Panel award, which will be viable from January 1, 2016. Then, the present and proposed pay scales for different positions or assignments of IPS Officers have been given beneath
Further, the salary of an IPS officer also depends on the experience they have. So, below we have listed the salary details according to the experience; based on the designations like DGP, DSP, SP salary.
- In the first place, Officer of Deputy Superintendent of Police : The monthly salary for a DSP is around ₹56,100.
2. Additional Superintendent of Police: The monthly salary for an ASP is ₹67,700.
3. Superintendent of Police: The monthly salary for an SP is ₹78,800.
4. Senior Superintendent of Police: The monthly salary for an SSP is ₹1,18,500.
5. Deputy Inspector General of Police: The monthly salary for a DIGP is ₹1,31,100.
6. Inspector General of Police: The monthly salary of an IGP is about ₹1,44,200.
7. Additional Director General of Police: The monthly salary of an ADGP is ₹2,05,400.
8. Lastly, Director General of Police: The monthly salary of a DGP is about ₹ 2,25,000.
7th Pay Commission
Further, let us understand the IPS officer salary according to the 7th Pay Commission below. You will find salary details according to various positions.
Click here for the complete Details.
Then, go through the below table for more details on the IPS Officer Salary in India as per the 6th Central Pay Commission
|Time Scale||Rank||Pay Scale|
|Junior Scale||Superintendent of Police||Rs.15600-39100 + Grade Pay 5400|
|Senior Scale||Superintendent of Police||Rs.15600-39100 + Grade Pay 6600|
|Junior Administrative Grade||Superintendent of Police||Rs.15600-39100 + Grade Pay 7600|
|Selection Grade||Superintendent of Police||Rs.37400-67000 + Grade Pay 8700|
|Super-Time Scale||Deputy Inspector General of Police||Rs.37400-67000 + Grade Pay 8900|
|Super-Time Scale||Inspector-General of Police||Rs.37400-67000 + Grade Pay 10000|
|Above Super-Time Scale||Additional Director General Of Police||Rs.67000-79000|
|Above Super-Time Scale||Director-General of Police||Rs.75500-80000 (Increment @ 3%) (HAG)|
Perks – IPS Officer Salary
This compensation scale is one of the highest for administration positions in India The monthly payment and other benefits for IPS officers increase with the duration of service. In addition, IPS officers are honored with awards and special medals for extraordinary service. The IPS training cadets also receive a monthly payment during their full-time training period. Further, it also changes from one state to another state.
Along with getting the salary, IPS officers also get some amazing perks. We have listed a few of them below.
- Medical and health care services
- Staff quarters or residence with household staff
- Lastly, Transportation facilities and allowances
Then, we have perks like
- In the first place we have, Convenience: It is one of the basic and important thing. So, all the IPS officers will be given with accommodation. But, the size and everything else depends on the experience and position of an IPS officer.
- Vehicles: The officials in the Indian Police Service get vehicles from the public authority relying upon the branch (and assignment) they’re appointed. Frequently, there are spending limits for the lesser positions of officials, however, which implies just vehicles inside specific financial plans are given to them.
- Staff: Officers are given house help, safety officers, drivers and so on (all as indicated by their pecking order in the framework).
- Health advantages: They’re given clinical medicines and where the public authority covers either 100% or a lot of the bill.
- Bills: Their phone and power bills are additionally dealt with by the public authority.
- Annuity: IPS officials get long-lasting benefits.
- Lastly, Instructive advantages: They’re permitted to take study leaves to seek after training outside of India, and the public authority covers the costs.
Conclusion – IPS Officer Salary in India
To conclude, in the article you will find the complete details of the IPS officer salary in India, As we all know it is one of the respectful designations in India. Further, IPS officers are responsible for maintaining peace among the public. Then, like all other exams under UPSC, even the IPS officer exam is equally difficult. However, with all hard work and special efforts you can clear the IPS exam. Furthermore, you will find information on IPS officer salary for the different designations like DGP, SP, DSP salary, etc. Then, we have added details of salary entry-level to maximum pay. The above table will help you with the easy understandings. Lastly, every exam conducted by the UPSC requires hard work so make sure that you work hard. Good Luck.
Note – If you want to become an officer we will help you with the complete information. Check out here for more details on the IPS exam. Further, all the exams conducted by UPSC are difficult. But, there are many examples we have seen who are clearing the IAS, IPS exams without taking classes, and also they are many who have cleared it in the first attempt. Then, if you are interested in reading the stories of IAS and IPS officers, we have covered the stories of many. So, we are sure it will motivate you to study more. Read More
Finally, below we have added a few FAQs that will give a better understanding of IPS officer salary in India.
There can be only one IAS officer but there can be many IPS officers according to region. Further, the pay of an IAS officer is relatively higher than an IPS officers.
The basic starting pay of an IPS officer is INR 56,100 a month. Further, which also includes: Travelling Allowance and Dearness Allowances.
We can say that it is one of the toughest exams in India. However, we see lakhs of students applying for the exam but only a few will make it till the end. Therefore, it requires hard work and dedication.
The training period of IPS is 3 years.
So, the first rank of an IPS officer is as the Deputy Superintendent of Police
Editor’s Note | IPS Officer Salary
In brief, understand the salary details of an IPS officer in India. Further, you will find details according to the different scales and experiences of an IPS officer. Then, salary according to their positions like DGP, SP, DSP salary. As we all know, it is hard to clear the IAS and IPS exams. So, in addition to DGP, SP, DSP salary, we have also added perks of an IPS officer. Knowing only exam patterns will not help you. One must also understand other important details like salary, powers, etc. These both exams are equally difficult and require special efforts. However, lakhs of students apply for the exam, and then only s few ends up with their dreams.
But, then, it is one of the most respected positions in India. Therefore, if you are an IAS aspirant, you have no other option other than working hard. So, finally, we wish you good luck. We suggest you work hard and use your time wisely. Surely, you can achieve your goals.