When it comes to exams, there are many things to be taken care of. It’s not only understanding the syllabus, pattern, marks, and other details. In our earlier article, we have added details of the exam. In addition to exam details, understanding the post, details are also equally important. There are many things to be taken care of when it comes to exams. Therefore in this article, we have added DM officer Salary per month in India. So, let us know DM’s monthly salary in the below article.
To begin with, IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services, and it is the most respected job in India. Further, we see many students applying for the exam every year. Many quit their jobs only to prepare for the exam. It mainly has three different stages, and it is essential to clear all the stages. The stages are the Preliminary exam, Main Exam, and Interview round. The syllabus of the exam is vast, and it is not everyone’s cup of tea. Then, to help you with the exam preparations, we have added all the exam details like exam pattern, syllabus, books, tips, application, fees, and all related information. You can go through Exam Details. Further, your hard work and efforts are necessary for exams like IAS. to enjoy all the benefits; you need to clear the exam. Therefore, start preparing for the exam today.
You can also check about Best IAS Coaching in Mumbai.
Further, DM stands for A district magistrate. Then, it is an IAS officer who is the senior-most executive magistrate. Then, he is chief in charge of the general administration of a district in India.
Now, let us understand DM Salary in India below. You will find details such as DM officer’s monthly salary in India and other benefits they receive.
What is the salary of DM?
To begin with, DM’s monthly salary starts at Rs. 56100/-. Further, after promotions, the maximum salary can go up to Rs. 2,50,000/-. Let us know DM’s salary in India after the 7th Pay Commission and understand DM officer salary structure, pay scale, allowances, facilities, and other perks offered to them. Then, the below table tells us the entry-level and maximum pay of the officers.
|Level||Basic Pay||Total IAS Salary|
|Entry-level||56100||56100 – 132000|
DM Salary in India
Then, as we have already mentioned, according to the 7th pay commission, the salary of the DM officer at the start is Rs. 56,100 monthly. But, along with the salary, they will also receive DA, HRA, TA, and other allowances. Further, DM officer salary also varies with their levels. Also, the salary of IAS officers varies based on their level. Therefore, below we will try to understand the pay scale and other details.
In the first place, the salary of the DM officers varies according to different grades. Then, the grades assigned to the officers are based on their number of years in the service. Further, the officers’ salary is upgraded regularly to the next upper grade based on years of experience. Also, they may get promoted based on their performances as well. Then, the salary structure is divided into eighth grades, and each grade has a fixed basic pay and grade pay. Further, the components of the IAS salary are fixed throughout the grade.
Further, the DA depends on the posting city, so it varies from one city to another. In the same way, HRA also depends on the residence of the officer. Therefore, if he stays in the house provided by the government, he will be entitled to the HRA. Then, all the allowances differ from officer to officer. DA is the most important component in the DM officer salary, and it also increases from time to time. It may increase up to 103% of the basic salary. The government periodically revises the DA for all the employees, and they may also merge DA with the basic pay.
Then, the HRA ranges from 8% to 24% of the basic salary. Further, the 7th pay commission doesn’t provide all the details related to the salary but provides the maximum and minimum DM officer salary. As we already know, the pay scale is also supported by Grade Pay, DA, HRD, and several other benefits.
Further, you can visit the official website for more details on the salary and other information. Click Here.
Pay Scale and Grade Details
Check out the below table for more details on the DM Salary in India according to various scales. We have provided the link to the document, there you will find all the details of the salary according to the different pay scales and grades. Click on the below link.
Pay Level and Posts – DM Salary in India
Now we will try to understand salary details according to the number of service years and Pay level below.
- Basic INR of 56100 with the experience of 1 – 4 years, pay level is 10. Posts are
- Sub-divisional magistrate in District Administration
- Undersecretary in State Secretariat
- Assistant Secretary in Central Secretariat
- Basic INR of 67,700 with the experience of 5 – 8 years, pay level is 11. Posts are
- Additional district magistrate in District Administration
- Deputy Secretary in State Secretariat
- Under-Secretary in Central Secretariat
- Basic INR of 78,800 with the experience of 9 – 12 years, pay level is 12. Posts are
- District magistrate in District Administration
- Joint Secretary in State Secretariat
- Deputy Secretary in Central Secretariat
- Basic INR of 1,18,500 with the experience of 13 – 16 years, pay level is 13. Posts
- District magistrate in District Administration
- Special secretary-cum-director in State Secretariat
- Director in Central Secretariat
- Basic INR of 1,44,200 with the experience of 16 – 24 years, pay level is 14. Posts
- Divisional commissioner in District Administration
- Secretary-cum-commissioner in State Secretariat
- Joint Secretary in Central Secretariat
- Basic INR of 1,82,200 with the experience of 25 – 30 years, pay level is 15. Posts are
- Divisional commissioner in District Administration
- Principal Secretary in State Secretariat
- Additional secretary in Central Secretariat
- Basic INR of 2,05,400 with the experience of 30 – 33 years, pay level is 16. Post
- Additional Chief Secretary in State Secretariat
- Basic INR of 2,25,000 with the experience of 34 – 36 years, pay level is 17. Posts are
- Chief Secretary in State Secretariat
- Secretary in Central Secretariat
- Lastly, Basic INR of 2,50,000 with the experience of 37+ years, pay level is 18. Post
- Cabinet Secretary of India
Perks and Allowances
We all know that all the officers will also receive some perks and allowances in addition to getting the salary. Along with the HRA and DA, there are other perks as well. Below we have explained in detail.
- In the first place, we have, Official Accommodation – There will be a duplex bungalow for the officers in the restricted zone of the state capital where they are posted.
- Office Vehicles – For all officers, 1 to 3 vehicles will be provided along with the driver.
- Electricity and Phone bills – they are avail to the completely free electricity for their residence. Further, they are allotted 3 BSNL sim cards with free talk time and internet services.
- Travel Allowances – They will also be provided with expenses related to travel.
- Security – They will be allotted with three home guards and two bodyguards. Further, STF commandos can also be provided in case of any threat.
- Trips – Officers can enjoy both official and unofficial trips. They will be provided with subsidized accommodation at circuit houses, government bungalows, or rest houses in different states.
- Further, you can also take 2 – 4 years of study leaves provided.
- They also enjoy Post Retirement Benefits.
- Lastly, they will also be provided with Medical expenses.
Above are the perks that are provided to the officers along with their DM salary per month. We have added all factors that are responsible for the DM officer salary. You can read the complete article for more and visit the official website as well.
Conclusion – DM Salary in India
In brief, in the above article, you will find the complete details of the DM officer Salary per month in India. Understand all the information of pay scale and salary according to different grades. Moreover, many factors are responsible for DM Salary in India. Along with the DM monthly salary, you will also find perks and allowances they enjoy. Therefore, it is essential to understand all the information related to the post and the exam as knowing salary details is also important. So, to help you, we have added all the essential details related to the DM Salary in India and DM salary per month/monthly salary. Read the complete article for more details on the same.
Finally, all the best wishes for your exams. To make your dream put all your efforts. Then, above we have provided the link that will help you with the necessary details for the IAS exam and try to use those tips to score better in the exam.
Note – If you are interested to read about the different posts that are offered under the UPSC. So, click here for more details.
Lastly, look at a few FAQs that will help you for a better understanding.
DM officer monthly salary in India is 78,000.
In hand salary of IAS officer is Rs 56,100. Further, they will also be getting perks and allowances.
Yes, IAS can become DM. But, after serving as an IAS officer for six years, that includes two years of training.
Editor’s Note | DM Salary in India
To conclude, in the above article, you will find all the information related to DM Salary in India and DM salary per month. Further, we have added a salary structure according to the 7th pay commission. Besides, understand salary details according to different pay scales and grades. In addition to exam details, it is equally important to know the information related to the posting you are looking for. Further, to enjoy all the perks you have to clear the exam, then only you can enjoy all benefits. Hence, if you are an IAS aspirant, start preparing for the exam today.
Then, above, we have provided links that will help you with your exam preparation. Lastly, good luck with your exam. All exams come with their own syllabus and pattern, and one needs to know the paper pattern. It will help you with the exam preparations. Take care of the essential things of the exam.