This article let us understand all the information related to the UPSC Prelims Paper. In our earlier articles, we have given you the information on the IAS exam, syllabus, pattern, and other related details. Let us now know the UPSC/IAS Prelims Question, Paper PDF with answers. We believe referring to the UPSC prelims previous year’s question papers can help you effectively with the exam preparations.
To begin with, the IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC every year. We have seen many students appearing for the exam, and in the end, only a few end up fulfilling their dream of becoming an IAS officer. If you want to understand the IAS exam history and other such details, Click Here. Further, it is one of the most challenging exams in India. Along with that, it is one of the most respected jobs in India. Further, in the IAS exam, we have three main stages, the preliminary exam, Main Exam, and the Interview round. Students need to clear each stage to reach their destination. Besides, we understand that covering a vast syllabus is a difficult task.
Therefore, you have the option of taking coaching classes or self-study. Further, going for the classes comes with many advantages. You will be able to cover the complete syllabus with guidance. In case of any doubts, there will be lectures which will be helping you on the same. You will also get study material that will help you with the preparations.
If not physical classes, these days, you have an option to take up the online classes. Thinking about the current situation taking up online classes is the best option. By doing this, it will save tour time and money. In the remaining time, you can study or complete your other work. But, in online classes, one has to be attentive and must have a good internet connection. However, it depends on you and not to forget in both ways working hard remains the same. One can only guide you; real hard work must come from you.
IAS Prelims Paper
This section will now understand the complete details of the UPSC prelims of the previous year’s question papers. Talking about the prelims paper, it is the qualifying paper. Further, to give the main exam, one needs to clear the prelims paper. Then, in the prelims paper, we have 2 papers, and that is of objective type. They carry 200 marks each, and the prelims exam is for the screening purpose only. Paper 1 of the preliminary exam includes current affairs. CSAT is paper 2 of the preliminary exam, and one must score 33% of marks to write the main exam.
Further, there is a negative marking for the wrong answers. It means 1/3rd of the marks will be deducted as a penalty for marking the wrong answer. Then, if you won’t attempt the question, there won’t be any deductions. Therefore, before marking the answer, make sure that you are sure with your answer. It will affect your end score. The question paper of the prelims exam is available in Hindi and English.
Importance of solving Question Papers
Let us take a look into some important reasons to refer to the question papers. As we have mentioned earlier, the IAS exam is the toughest, and one needs a high level of commitment and dedication. Further, it is important to refer to the previous year’s question paper because you will understand the paper pattern and nature of the questions. Once you understand the key points from the question papers, you can prepare your own exam strategy as you will be having a clear understanding of the exam pattern.Therefore, make sure that you refer to the question papers that will help you with the exam preparations. Let us know below in detail the importance of referring to the UPSC prelims previous year question papers.
Points to know – UPSC Prelims Paper
- Paper pattern – In the first, by referring to the previous year’s question paper, you will understand the paper pattern and syllabus of the exam. Further, you will get to know about the weightage, topics, nature questions, etc.
- Topics – Talking about the GS paper as it has a vast syllabus, you will get an idea about the trending topics by referring to the latest question paper. This paper contains topics based on national and international importance. So, this will help you to understand the latest topics.
- Understanding of the question pattern – Along with understanding the paper pattern, you will also understand the question pattern. It means you will get to know about the nature, type, and format of the questions. As the prelims are of objective type, it becomes essential for one to go through the papers.
- Solved Papers – Further, the UPSC prelims question paper with answers will help you with the exam preparations. It is suggested that one must include solved papers sets in the exam preparation routine.
- Practice – We all know that practice makes a man perfect. Studying for the exam is essential, and one must also practice. By answer practicing, you will get to know your writing speed. To cover all the important points in the exam, one must try to practice writing the answer.
- Self-Assessment – It is one of the important things. One must know how to analyze themselves, and it is about keeping track of your progress—understanding where you need improvement and which are your strong areas.
- Revision – Whenever you refer to the previous year’s question paper, it is a kind you revising. So, whenever you are done with the preparations, try to go through the question paper and solve them.
Quick Tips for the exam preparations
Now you have understood the paper pattern of the prelims and the importance of referring to the question papers. Below we have added some tips for the exam.
- Time management is the most important thing in this exam. So, make sure that you are utilizing your available time effectively. Give time for all the subjects and revision.
- Know the paper pattern and syllabus of the exam well. We have already mentioned the importance of referring to the previous year’s papers for the paper pattern’s knowledge. So, make sure that you have completely understood the paper pattern and the syllabus.
- Revision and giving mock tests are highly important. So, whenever you finish a certain portion of the study, try to give the mock tests. It will help you to know your skills. Then, make sure that you have completed the revision of the previous day before starting the new topic.
- Further, have a habit of going through the newspapers daily, atleast till you finish your exams. As current affairs are equally important for the exam
- Lastly, this particular exam will check your knowledge and test your hard work, patience, and dedication. So, put all your efforts in for the best results.
Note – To help you with the exam preparations, in our other articles, we have added the complete details of the IAS exam paper pattern, syllabus, tips, books, exam strategy, etc. Read More.
Conclusion – UPSC Prelims Paper
In the article, get the complete details of the UPSC/IAS Prelims Question Paper PDF. If you are preparing for the exam, you need to refer to the previous year’s papers. It will help you in many ways. Further, we have mentioned important points on why to refer to UPSC prelims previous year question papers pdf. Further, we have added a complete UPSC prelims exam paper pattern, giving you complete insights into the prelims paper. Then, find some interesting tips that will help you with the exam preparations. Whenever you think of writing the exam, you need to know the complete pattern of the exam. That is the foundation. If you have a clear understanding of the paper, it will help you with the exam preparations. The journey is going to be hard, but don’t give up. Good luck with the exams.
What are the papers in UPSC Prelims?
There is a total of two papers in the UPSC Prelims. One is the General Science, and the second is the CSAT paper.
180 IAS officers are selected every year
The highest post in the UPSC is cabinet secretary
Yes, you may find some repeat questions in the UPSC exam.
Editor’s Note | UPSC Prelims Paper
In the above article, you will get the complete information of the UPSC / IAS prelims to question paper pdf. We have added some reasons to know why to refer UPSC prelims question paper with answers. Further, you will get insights on the IAS Prelims Question Paper. One needs to know the complete paper pattern of the exam to prepare well for the exam. You can refer to the UPSC prelims question paper with answers for techniques to write the answer in the exam. Also, try to follow up on the above tips for better results. Good luck with your exams.