This is a crucial topic for the UPSC exam, as it covers infrastructure, economics, and other related issues. The PM Gati Shakti Scheme Master Plan was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in October 2021. We’ll talk about the PM Gati Shakti Master Plan Yojana and the Express.
What is Gati Shakti Master Plan?
The Indian government has launched the ambitious Gati Shakti scheme, or National Master Plan for Multimodal Connectivity, with the goal of coordinating infrastructure design and implementation to reduce transportation costs. However, The Prime Minister Gati Shakti – National Master Plan was announced last year with the purpose of breaking down departmental silos & bringing in more holistic and integrated project planning and execution to address multi-modal and last-mile connectivity concerns. A national infrastructure master plan (NIP) aims to bring India into the twenty-first century.
The PM Gati Shakti Scheme
The Gati Shakti is a national master plan that aims to reduce logistics costs by coordinating the design and execution of infrastructure projects in India.
- Gati Shakti is an online platform that will bring together 16 ministries and departments of the Indian government, including the railways and roads.
- The goal is to have infrastructure connection projects executed in a coordinated manner across the country.
- It’s an Rs.100-crore project aimed at creating a “holistic infrastructure.”
- This plan includes existing infrastructure programs under various ministries, including Sagarmala, Bharatmala, the UDAN scheme, inland waterways, etc.
- Pharmaceutical clusters, textile clusters, defense corridors, industrial corridors, electronic parks, fisheries clusters, and Agri zones would all be included in the master plan.
- It will also heavily rely on technology, such as spatial planning tools based on ISRO imagery produced by BiSAG-N.
- The master plan will allow for the free flow of products and people throughout India.
- PM GatiShakti will inform the general public & business community about forthcoming connectivity projects, as well as other commercial hubs, industrial areas, & the surrounding environment.
- Gati Shakti also opens the prospect of future economic zones.
- The initiative was designed as an umbrella integrator for projects totaling Rs. 111 lakh crore under the National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) for the years 2020 to 25.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana – Pradhan Mantri Scheme is another key scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Please look over it because it is vital for the UPSC exam.
What is the significance of infrastructure?
- Spending on infrastructure has a multiplier effect on the economy.
- There would be indirect advantages to the economy in addition to direct ones such as job creation and demand for raw materials for construction.
- The effects of enhanced connection are known as second-order effects.
- People and goods would travel more quickly between locations, lowering logistics costs.
- According to studies conducted by the RBI and the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, every rupee invested by the government in infrastructure generates GDP gains of Rs. 2.5-3.5
- Rather than being concentrated in certain locations, multiple urban clusters sprouting out around the country are critical for balanced regional growth.
- This is made possible by a coordinated infrastructure development strategy, in which roads feed into railway lines, which feed into ports, effectively transferring goods from the hinterlands to the ports.
Six Pillar of the plan
- Comprehensiveness: All current and proposed initiatives from numerous Ministries and Departments will be housed on a single, centralized platform. Every department will now be able to see what the other departments are doing, which will be useful for project planning and execution.
- Prioritization: Through cross-sectoral exchanges, different departments will be able to prioritize their tasks.
- Optimization: Following the identification of important gaps, the National Master Plan will aid various ministries in planning initiatives. The plan will assist in determining the most efficient route in terms of time and cost for delivering products from one point to another.
- Synchronization: Individual Ministries and Departments frequently function in silos, resulting in a lack of cooperation in project planning and implementation, which frequently leads to delays. With this strategy in place, they can ensure that their work is coordinated by synchronizing the activities of each dept and the actions of multiple tiers of government, holistically.
- Analytical: The plan will offer the complete data in one location, allowing better visibility to the executing agency, thanks to GIS-based spatial planning and analytical tools with 200+ levels.
- Dynamic: Because satellite imagery will give on-ground progress on a daily basis & project progress, On the portal, updates will be made on a regular basis. All Ministries and Departments will be able to visualize, review, & monitor the development of cross-sectoral projects through the GIS platform. It will aid in the identification of essential interventions for the upgrading and updating of the master plan.
The PM Gati Shakti Yojana 2022
The following are the goals of the PM Gati Shakti Yojana 2022 Pradhan Mantri Gati Shakti National Master Plan: Along with increased industrial operations, transportation infrastructure will be enhanced, including airports, and new motorways, and rail lines. As a result increase in job opportunities for young people. A plan worth more than Rs 100 lakh crore has been developed to provide employment to thousands of young people. Applicants who are eligible for this program should read all instructions attentively and follow the requirements. Visit the official website Pradhanmantri Gati Shakti Yojana for additional information.
Gati Shakti Express
According to North Central Railway (NCR) officials, the Gati Shakti Express, India’s first new 3-AC Economy coach special train, would make a stop in Prayagraj on its journey from the national capital (Anand Vihar Terminal) to Patna Junction.
- The train will run from Anand Vihar Terminal to Patna and back to Anand Vihar Terminal.
- The train was introduced to help rail travelers by reducing the excessive rush of passengers that occurs during festivals.
- The special train has 20 new three-AC economy carriages.
- Train Number: 01684 will depart from Anand Vihar Terminal at 11.10 p.m. on Oct 29 & 31, November 2, 5, & 7 & will arrive at Patna Junction at 3.45 p.m. the next day.
- On the way, it will stop at Kanpur Central, Prayagraj Junction, Varanasi, Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Junction, and Danapur.
- The Gati Shakti Express train’s design and appearance have been enhanced, including lighted seat numbers and fire-resistant material.
- The number of berths in each coach is 83, which is 11 more than the number of berths in existing three-tier AC coaches.
- Climbing ladders on the middle and top cabins of the new coach are pleasant and ergonomically constructed.
- All passengers have their own air conditioning vents, USB charging ports, and reading lights.
- Foldable snack tables and stylish bottle containers are also included in the coaches.
- These coaches also have Divyang-friendly entry and exit points and one toilet door that is Divyang-friendly.
To summarise, you will gain a thorough understanding of the Gati Shakti Scheme after reading this essay. Also, learn about the Gati Shakti Scheme as well as PM Gati Shakti Master Plan Yojana & Express. We’ve also talked about the importance of infrastructure. The plan’s six pillars, as well as other relevant links. We go through all of the crucial ideas for the UPSC exam. This idea is equally important for UPSC test preparation. To identify the question pattern and which topics are popular, one can look at past year’s papers. Also, keep an eye on the UPSC website for any recent exam announcements.
FAQ- Gati Shakti Scheme
The government announced the PM Gati Shakti program in October 2021, which calls for the creation of a portal that will bring together 16 ministries for integrated planning and implementation of infrastructure connectivity projects. By the end of March, the portal should be ready.
The National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) for FY 2019-25 is a first-of-its-kind, cross-government effort to provide inhabitants with world-class infrastructure while also improving their quality of life. Its goal is to improve project preparation and attract infrastructure investments.
According to the minister, the National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) was established with a planned infrastructure investment of roughly Rs. 111 lakh crore over FY 2020-2025. The goal is to create world-class infrastructure across the country and improve the quality of life for all inhabitants.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s latest announcement of the Gati Shakti infrastructure initiative would build on the federal government’s earlier announcement of the National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP).
Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geoinformatics produced the National Master Plan. PM Modi announced it as a Rs 100 lakh crore project on Independence Day.
Editor’s Note | Gati Shakti Scheme
In conclusion, gather all relevant information about the Gati Shakti Scheme. After reading this essay, you will have a better understanding of the PM Gati Shakti Master Plan and why it is important, as well as the PM Master Plan Yojana and Express. Furthermore, it’s a good idea to keep separate notebook in which you can write down all of the important points. Then, Study them throughout the IAS exam. Further, Only your commitment and effort will enable you to attain the best exam results. As a result, get started on planning for your ultimate goal. Have faith in yourself, and lastly, we wish you the best!