To begin with, the below article focus on the Poshan Abhiyaan ICDS. Further, we have covered all information like Poshan Abhiyaan ICDS 2021, PDF, theme, and other related details. One needs to understand the necessary details for the IAS and other competitive exams. The article below will help you provide all the information and note all the essential points while reading the article.
Poshan Abhiyaan is a flagship program to improve nutritional outcomes for pregnant women and lactating mothers in India. It is also known as the National Nutrition Mission. The term ‘Poshan’ stands for ‘Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nutrition. Further, it is also known as the National Nutrition Mission (NNM), which was launched in 2018 to remove the malnutrition problem in India. Besides, it spreads awareness towards the problems related to malnutrition and brings viable solutions with it.
Malnutrition in India
It is one of the risk factors for children death in India. Further, children younger than five in every state of India in 2017. Around 68.2% of the total under-five deaths are accounted for 700 000 deaths due to malnutrition. Besides, it was the leading risk factor of loss of health among all age groups.
- In the first place, around 68% of the deaths of children in India are of the age of five.
- According to Global Nutrition Report 2020, India is among 88 countries that are likely to miss global nutrition targets by 2025.
- Further, covid-19 posed various problems to children and their health.
- According to the reports of malnutrition, children are less likely to go to school, and they usually drop out. So, it indicates that half of the children are falling behind and have no development.
- further, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) estimates that 194.4 million people in India
Let us look into some background details. NITI Aayoga has shaped POSHAN Abhiyaan. Further, it released the National Nutrition Strategy in September 2017. Besides, it offers a wide range of solutions to problems. It monitors the progress of the program from time to time. It can be done through the implementation reports POSHAN Abhiyan aims to reduce the problem of malnutrition significantly by the year 2021.
Further, it mainly focuses on the four pillar strategies.
- Use of technology for the growth monitoring and tracking
- Inter-sectoral convergence for better service delivery
- Further, Intensified health and nutrition services for the first 1000 days
Objectives of Poshan Abhiyaan
Further, we will look into the objectives of the Poshan Abhiyaan 2021 PDF.
- In the first place, it is responsible for reducing the level of under-nutrition and improving the nutritional status of children in the country. Besides, the term Poshan stands for the Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nutrition.
- Further, to improve the nutritional outcomes of adolescents, children, pregnant women, and lactating mothers.
- It encourages the use of technology and convergence between various modules and departments. Further, it also aims at the multi-ministerial initiative and at removing malnutrition from the country by 2022.
- It is also responsible for the different mapping schemes related to malnutrition and enabling collaboration through an ICT-based real-time monitoring system, robust convergence between the schemes, incentivising states and UTs for meeting the set targets.
- Further, according to the ‘Mission 25, by 2020, the National Nutrition Mission (NNM) aims to achieve a reduction in stunting from 38.4% to 25% by 2022.
- It also aims at gradual scaling up f the interventions under the World Bank assisted Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Systems.
- Later, all the Anganwadi centers aim to give incentives to Anganwadi Workers (AWWs) for using IT-based tools and Measuring the height of children at Anganwadi centers.
National Nutrition Strategy
Below we have mentioned the aims of the mission, and they want to reduce
- Reduce stunting by 2% annually.
- and under-nutrition by 2% annually.
- Reduce anaemia by 3% annually.
- Lastly, to reduce low birth weight by 2% annually.
Features of Poshan Abhiyaan
Further, we will look into the features of the Poshan Abhiyaan 2021
- This program was launched on International Women’s Day on 8 March 2018 at Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan.
- Further, POSHAN spreads awareness about the problems related to the malnutrition. Besides, implement os status that are related to the Abhiyaan are submitted by NITI Aayog every six months.
- All the implementations are carried out through the Technical Support Unit (TSU) established at NITI Aayog. It also provides research, technical support and other information.
- It also aims at remove malnutrition by 2022 and all the necessary steps are taken up by various ministeries. Further, it also aims to achieve a 25% reduction in stunting by 2020, as opposed to 38% currently.
- It also responsible for mapping different schemes such as anani Suraksha Yojana, Scheme for Adolescent Girls, Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, National Health Mission, etc.
- Further, there are some targets that are aim to reduce stunting, anemia, under-nutrition, and low birth weight.
Measures taken by the Poshan Abhiyaan
Now you have understood some of the essential facts. Now we will understand steps taken to reduce malnutrition in India.
- In the first place, to remove malnutrition is to provide sufficient nutrition to pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Further, all the necessary policies that is essential for collecting the data on underweight children and overweight children.
- It also made it possible to make available of rice and wheat through subsidized PDS. Further, it also provided a different range of services and facilities.
Further, go through the official website for more information on the Poshan Abhiyaan. Click Here.
Further, the Poshan Maah on the month of September. Besides, it focuses on social, Behavioural Change, and Communication. It also helped to create awareness through the assertive dialogue and by educating many people in the way of communication. Further, over 120 million women, 60 million men, and 130 million children were reached out to through the implementation of the POSHAN Maah. It was widely based on antenatal care, optimal breastfeeding, anemia, growth monitoring, girls’ – education, diet, etc. As a whole, it was working and taking the necessary measure that is helping the country to improve and to remove malnutrition in the country. Along with this, there is a necessity for people to support and take the necessary measures.
About IAS Exam
As we mentioned, it is one of the important topics for the IAS exam. If you read this article, you are probably writing the IAS exam. It is one of the toughest exams present because of the longest syllabus. Further, to clear this exam, there is a need for hard work and special efforts. Then, with the right plan and direction, one can clear the exam. One must take care of the necessary steps while preparing for the exam. We have also added all the information related to the IAS exam like exam syllabus, books, tips, exam procedure, etc. Read More. Further, there are three main stages in the IAS exam: the preliminary exam, the main exam, and the interview round.
Conclusion – Poshan Abhiyaan
In summary, in the article, we have covered all details related to the Poshan Abhiyaan 2021 ICDS pdf and other related information. As a part of UPSC study materials, it is one of the important topics to know. Therefore, we have added all the information in the article for the IAS exam. First, one needs to understand some of the measures taken by the government to improve the condition of the nation. Further, various measures are taken by the state and central government to improve the overall improvement of the nation. Then, check out other important study materials that are important for the UPSC exam. We tried to cover some of the important measures taken by the government, about various commissions, authorities, and other details. Read More.
FAQs – Poshan Abhiyaan
Lastly, we have added a few FAQs on the topic.
It aims to is to improve the nutritional status of children (0-6 years), adolescent girls, pregnant women, and lactating mothers.
On 8th March 2018, Poshan Abhiyan launched in India.
POSHAN Abhiyaan, all functioning under the ICDS umbrella.
Editor’s Note | Poshan Abhiyaan
In brief, in the above article, you will go through the information like poshan abhiyaan 2021 PDF and poshan abhiyaan ICDS. As a part of the IAS exam study materials, it is one of the essential topics to understand. Further, we have covered all information like objectives, structures, measures taken, and other details. As it is impossible to understand all points, try to write down all the important points while reading the article, it will help you during the exam. Besides, we have provided you with vital links that will provide you with essential information for the IAS exam. Further, many platforms offer you all information that will help you in the exam, and also you will find Poshan Abhiyaan PDF, one can download and prepare for the exam.