To begin with, the UPSC exam is the toughest in India. However, we see many students clearing the exam. Talking about the syllabus, there are many things to be covered in different subjects. Therefore, in today’s article, we will be talking about the General Science syllabus and Technology for UPSC. Let us understand all the information related to Science and Tech for the UPSC exam.
Before understanding the Science and Technology for UPSC Exam syllabus, we will try to understand some important points related to the IAS exam. In the first place, clearing the IAS exam is not an easy task. But, moreover, it is possible to clear the exam with all your efforts and hard work. Further, it has three stages—first, Preliminary Exam, main exam, and Interview round. Therefore, one needs to clear the one stage, and then only they can go for the next stage. Besides, as it has a vast syllabus, you can either go for the coaching classes or study yourself. Therefore, it completely depends on you. However, in any case, working hard becomes essential. Further, if you go for the classes, it comes with certain advantages. Moreover, many students have cleared the exam without taking the classes, and they could clear it in their first attempt.
Further, you can go through the official website for more details on the UPSC and IAS exams.
Let us now understand everything related to the General Science syllabus and Technology for the UPSC exam.
Science Syllabus and Technology for UPSC
Now, let us understand all the details of the UPSC exam syllabus below. We have added all the details of the syllabus, and it includes all the topics. So, make a note of all the topics.
- Biology – Human Organ Systems
- Integumentary system
- Digestive system
- Respiratory system
- Circulatory system
- Nervous system
- Muscular system
- Endocrine system
- Reproductive system
- Skeletal system
- Food and Nutrition
- Important Terms
- Hunger and Malnutrition
- FSSAI Act 2006
- Occupational Lifestyle Diseases
- Definition and explanation
- Transgenic and Cisgenic Organisms
- Bt Brinjal
- Bt Cotton
- Genetic Pollution
- Concerns about GM food
- Information Technology
- Important terms in IT
- Cyber Warfare
- Definition and basic information
- Approaches to Nano Tech
- Applications of Nanotechnology
- Types of Modulation
- Need for Modulation
- Electromagnetic SpectrumImportant Terms
- Types of EM Spectrum
- Different generations in Wireless Telephony3G v/s 4G
- Telecom Policies in India
- Achievements of Indians in Science & Technology
- Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman
- Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose
- Satyendra Nath Bose
- Homi Jehangir Bhabha
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
- Issues Relating to Intellectual Property Rights
- Need for Intellectual Property Rights
- International Agreements Related to IPRs
- Recent Issues – Evergreening, Compulsory Licensing, Prominent Cases, etc.
- IPR Regime in India
Above are the topics that come under Science and Technology for the UPSC exam
Examples of Science and Technology for UPSC Exam Paper
Take a look at the below questions for a brief idea.
1. A CFL uses mercury vapor, and phosphor and an LED lamp use semiconductor material.
2. The time span of CFL is longer than the LED lamp.
3. When compared with an LED lamp, a CFL is less efficient
Which of the statements given is/are correct?
(a.) 1 only
(b.) 2 and 3 only
(c.) 1 and 3 only
(d.) 1, 2 and 3
- Which reference to Agni-IV Missile, which of the following statements is/are correct? (2014)
- It is a surface-to-surface missile.
- It is fuelled by liquid propellant only.
- or It can deliver one-tonne nuclear warheads about 7500 km away.
Select the appropriate answer from the code given below.
- 1 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
- Along with finger impression examining, which of the accompanying can be used in the biometric distinguishing proof of an individual? (2014)
- Iris filtering
- Retinal filtering
- Voice acknowledgment
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
- 1 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
Book List for Science and Technology for UPSC
- NCERTs (Class VI to X)
- Biology of NCERT Standard XI and XII
- Chemistry of NCERT Standard XI and XII
- Physics of NCERT Standard XI and XII
- Developments in Science and Technology – Kalpana Rajaram
- Science and Technology for Civil Services Examination by Ravi Agrahari
- Magazines that contains National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources
- Science and tech section in The Hindu (weekly)
- 1000 Plus Questions on General Science – TMH.
- Lastly, Science and Technology for Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examination – by Ravi Agrahari
In addition to understanding the complete syllabus of the Science and Technology for UPSC. We will now give you some tips for the exam preparations below. Hence, it will help you with the exam.
- In the first place, it important for one to understand the complete syllabus of the exam and pattern. This is the foundation of any exam. If you have understood the exam pattern well, your half work is done. Hence, understand the exam syllabus well.
- Further, time management plays a major role in any exam. Therefore, make the proper use of the available time. Make a timetable and allot time for all the subjects. It’s not only making the timetable but, it is equally important to follow it.
- As you are already aware that the Mock tests plays a major role. Therefore, try to give mock tests regularly, it will help you to improve your skills and also to know your improvement areas. Then, there are many platforms available online; you can give in any platform.
- Do revise, if you keep on studying for the exam, without revising, it is of no use. So, you need to revise whatever you study the previous day. It will help you to remember things. You can also make notes.
- Further, have a habit of reading newspapers daily. To understand the latest news and current affairs, you must read newspapers.
- In addition, not only studying will help you. But, one should have writing practice as there will be a time limit for the paper. So, writing practice will help your writing speed, and also, you will understand how to cover all the important points with a word limit.
- Lastly, one should be updated with the latest news of the exam. So, you will not miss anything.
In summary, in the article, we have added science and tech information for the UPSC exam. Further, one needs to understand the complete syllabus of the IAS exam. It is the very first thing one must look into before applying for the exam. Besides, the syllabus of the exam is huge, and it isn’t easy to cover everything. Then, in the article, we have covered the complete information of the General science syllabus for the UPSC exam. To get the best results in the exam, one needs to cover all the topics under each subject. Besides, this article will help you with exam preparations. Read the complete for more information. Try to use the above tips during the exam. We know that the journey of becoming an IAS officer is difficult, but to make your dream count, one needs to work hard.
Further, we have seen people quitting in the middle because of many reasons. But, if you are really focused on your dreams, put in all your efforts and work hard for the exam. So, above are a few examples for Science and Technology for UPSC Exam. Further, you will find many such examples on the internet.
Further, to help you with the exam preparations, we have covered some important exam topics. In our other article, you will find the exam syllabus details, patterns, books, tips, and related details. Therefore, visit here; it will help you with the exam preparations.
Note – In our earlier articles, you will find the details of the IAS officers, who were successful in clearing the exam. Therefore, we believe that reading such stories will motivate the study. Read More.
Lastly, we will look into some FAQs.
Are Science and Technology asked in UPSC Prelims?
Yes, these are the important topics for the Prelims and the Main exam. So, one needs to cover the topics.
Yes, General Science is compulsory for the UPSC exam.
Talking about the magazine, you can refer to the Yojana magazine. Further, above, we have mentioned a list of materials for the science and tech for the UPSC exam.
Editor’s Note | Science and Technology for UPSC
To conclude, you will find all information on the science and tech for the UPSC exam. Further, read the complete article for more information. The General science syllabus and tech syllabus for the UPSC exam is essential to get a good score in the exam. Besides, make sure that you will try to cover all the other subjects of the IAS exam. This article will help you with the details of the General Science syllabus for the UPSC exam. Besides, we have provided some tips for the exam and provided necessary links to help you with the exam preparations. But, since it has different subjects, it will be difficult for many students as many are not from science backgrounds. Therefore, hard work is essential. However, you can clear the exam with the right plan—lastly, good luck with your exams.