To begin with, we believe reading the success stories of the IAS officers will help aspirants prepare well for the exam. For this purpose, we have been trying to cover the success stories of many IAS and IPS officers in our other articles. Therefore, in this article, we have discussed one more IAS officer, Himanshu Gupta IAS. Further, we will try to understand the details of the Himanshu Gupta biography, UPSC rank & marksheet, exam strategy, and other related information.
Himanshu Gupta IAS Biography
It is not easy to become an IAS officer, and it takes a lot of effort and hard work. Further, many apply for the exam, but in the end, there are only a few who make it till the end. It is evident that not everyone can become an IAS officer. Only those who are serious about their life goals and put in special efforts. Besides, this exam will test your knowledge of the various subjects and your dedication towards the goals. So, one such officer who could clear the exam on his third attempt didn’t lose hope when he could not clear the exam on the first attempt. But, he made up his mind and worked hard, and he was succeeded. He is Himanshu Gupta IAS. Let us read the complete article and know how he made it possible. Know about the Himanshu Gupta UPSC rank & marksheet.
Himanshu Gupta IAS Biography
Now let us know some details on the IAS officer. He is from Punjab, and he is from the 2012 batch. His father is Ravi Kumar, and his mother is Mamta Rani. Further, he completed schooling at Shivalik Doon School and pre-university from Kundan Vidya Mandir Civil Lines. Later, He did his B.Tech from BITS Pilani. He started preparing for the exam when he was in college and shifted to Delhi to complete his preparations. Further, he was successful in clearing the exam with the seventh rank.
If you want to know about the IAS exam and other exams conducted by the UPSC, you can go through the official website.
Himanshu Gupta Exam Strategy
To clear exams like IAS one requires a good exam strategy. Below we will try to understand the exam strategies followed by the Himanshu Gupta IAS officer. Get the complete details of the IAS exam like syllabus, books, tips, and other information at our website.
Exam Strategy followed by the Himanshu Gupta IAS
- Current Affairs – One needs to make the proper notes. It is a quick revision during the exam. Further, he mentions that there are two types of notes. The first one is Date based notes, and the second is Topic wise notes.
- Further, for the Polity subject, it is essential for one to keep track of all new bills, acts, policies, and related provisions. As questions asked in exams are tricky, it is important to revise regularly to get confidence in the subject.
- Answer Writing – As you know that UPSC’s main exam is descriptive type; having an answer writing practice is essential. If you fail to practice, it will be difficult for you to manage the time in the exam. So, you will also not be able to complete the paper. But, if you practice answering writing well along with studying, you can manage well. Also, get a brief idea of the answer structure.
- Your answer should be well structured, not only about the introduction, body part, and conclusion. But, also, one must make use of keywords.
- One needs to refer to the previous year’s question papers, and it will help you to know question patterns, marks, and trending topics. Besides, one needs to know the complete exam syllabus of the exam.
- Further, he mentions that one must properly use online sources like news websites/apps, youtube videos on news analysis, RSTV, ORF, IDSA, etc.
- One must also prepare for the interview round as there is a possibility of getting less time for the interview preparations. So, one can prepare by giving mock interviews, and further, giving mock tests is also essential for exam preparation. It will help you to score well in the exam.
Choosing the optional subject is essential; one must choose according to their interest and skills. It is a good idea to go through the syllabus of the subject. Himanshu Gupta, IAS officer, had taken Geography as his optional subject. But, later, he decided to take up Philosophy as his optional subject. He says he wasn’t sure about his first attempt, and he is from an Electrical Engineering background and geography he chose because of scientific learnings. Then, however, he shifted to the Philosophy subject.
Further, he mentions choosing the optional subject is essential for the UPSC exam preparations. One must choose according to their interests and study from various books to cover all the vital topics. You cannot take up this subject without the thought that it has a short syllabus. He realized later, and there is a need to understand the topics in depth. Besides, to better understand the syllabus, one can watch videos and refer to the previous year’s question papers.
Some of the books are referred to by the Himanshu Gupta IAS officer.
- Part-A: Indian Philosophy by CD Sharma
- Part-B: Western Philosophy by Y Massey
- Part-A: Socio-Political Philosophy by OP Gauba
- Part-B: Philosophy Of Religion by Y Massey/ John Hick
Let us know details of the current posting of the Himanshu Gupta IAS officer. His first appointment to the position of Collector. Before, he worked as Secretary UIT Alwar and Sub Division Officer Dholpur. From May 2017, he has been the CEO of the Smart City Project for the Commissioner of the Ajmer Municipal Corporation.
Then, in April 2021, he took over as Bharatpur District Collector. During Covid-19, with the increasing impact of covid-19, Himanshu Gupta directed the medical officers to meet the state government’s targets by increasing the number of vaccination tests. Thus, making arrangements for covid-19 testing samples at the local level can receive timely reports and patient treatment can begin immediately.
UPSC Exam Highlights
Lastly, let us know some essential points UPSC exam. First, the IAS exam is held by the UPSC every year. Then, in the UPSC exam, there are three main stages. The preliminary exam, the main exam, and the last one is the interview round. One needs to clear all three phases of the exam. There are two papers objective type in the preliminary, and in the main exam, there are nine papers of descriptive types. Further, we all are aware that the IAS exam is the most challenging one. One can join the classes if you want to improve your skills. However, it depends on one person to another
Conclusion – Himanshu Gupta IAS
In the article, we have added all the details related to the Himanshu Gupta biography, exam strategy, UPSC rank & marksheet, and other information. Although he had taken coaching before the second attempt, he says if you feel there is a need for proper guidance, one must go for it. One must learn from their mistakes and try to improve them, even Himanshu Gupta learned from his previous mistakes, and he was able to clear the exam on his third attempt. Whenever you read such stories, you are motivated enough to prepare for the exam. Many leave their jobs to prepare for the exam, try to be focused on their dreams and prepare for the exam.
FAQs – Himanshu Gupta IAS
He is an IAS officer who secured Rank 27 in the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019
It depends on the person’s abilities. But, one must at least spend 11 – 12 hours daily, and this much time is required to cover the vast syllabus of the exam.
UPSC offers you 48 optional subjects and one must choose the optional subjects according to their skills and interests. Some of the best optional subjects are Sociology, Literature, Anthropology, Public Administration, etc.
No, it is not necessary, but if one wants to improve their skills and need guidance you can join the classes. However, there are students who have cleared the exam without coaching classes.
Editor’s Note | Himanshu Gupta IAS
In the above article, you will get the complete information of the Himanshu Gupta IAS biography, UPSC rank & marksheet, and exam strategy followed by the officer. We all know that the IAS exam is believed to be one of the toughest exams in India. However, there are examples of officers who cleared the exam. Further, with the right plan and the direction, one can clear the exam. But, one must work hard and put in special efforts to clear the exam. Before applying for the exam, try and understand all the details related to the exam. Visit the official website for the latest news related to the exam. Lastly, we wish you good luck with the exams.