Today, in this article, we have added the details of the lady IPS officer. Earlier, we have covered some inspiring stories of the IAS and IPS officers. We believe that reading stories of the IAS and IPS officers will motivate students to prepare for the exam. So, let us understand the information of IPS officer Sanjukta Parashar IPS. We have covered details like Sanjukta Parashar’s education, husband, biography, and other details.
IAS and IPS Exams
Before understanding the Sanjukta Parashar IPS officer details, let us have a quick look at the exam. The UPSC conducts both exams. As we all know, these are difficult, and it is not a cup of tea. Further, they consist of three stages, and it is important to clear all the stages of the exam. They have a vast syllabus, and it is important to cover the complete syllabus of the exam. Then, when it comes to exams, there are many things to be taken care of like exam syllabus, pattern, application details, etc. Further, to help with the same, we have added all the information in our other article. You can read them and try to use all those tips in your exam preparation. Further, you will also find such inspiring stories of IAS and IPS officers. Read More.
Note – If you are interested to know about the UPSC and other exams that the UPSC conducts, you can go through their official website.
Sanjukta Parashar Biography
Sanjukta Parashar is the first Assam’s very first IPS officer. She is also known as the Iron lady of Assam. The article explains why she called Iron Lady and other information like Sanjukta Parashar’s education, husband, and biography below.
Sanjukta Parashar is from Assam, and she completed studies in Assam till the 12th standard. Her Sanjukta Parashar IPS’ father is Dulal Chandra Barua, and her mother is Meena Devi. Sanjukta Parashar’s husband is Puru Gupta. Further, talking about the Sanjukta Parashar education, she spent most of her time in Delhi and completed her UG at Delhi University. During that time, she learned how to take control of herself and take care of others. Her 30 months of undergraduate have been her greatest career in education. She did her Master’s in International Relations from JNU, New Delhi. Later, she moved to Indonesia and earned an M.Phil followed by a Ph.D. in US foreign policy. Further, she is from batch 2006, and she secures the rank 85th AIR.
Sanjukta Parashar Exam Preparations
When it comes to any exam, especially a competitive exam, one needs to have a proper plan and strategy. Below we have added those tips that Sanjukta Parashar followed during the exam.
- In the first place, she says if you are prepariong for the exam at home, one must go for the trip.
- Further, one needs to prepare themselves physically and mentally. One must use available time very effectively. Therefore, it is important for one to prepare an effective time table and do follow it. It makes things easier and you can cover all things easily.
- Then, understanding of the syllabus plays a major role in the exam. So, understand the syllabus before the preparations.
- When in comes to current affairs, it is important to read newspapers for the exam. While choosing the optional subject, one should choose it carefully. Know the pros and cons of the subject and choose accordingly.
Interesting Facts of Sanjukta Parashar IPS Officer
- To begin with, she is the first and only IPS officer from Assam
- Sanjukta Parashar is often involved in athletics. Further, she has also taken part in various athletic activities during her school days.
- She has an M Phil and Ph.D. in International Relations from the Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- She secures the AIR 85th rank. Further, instead of joining IAS, she decided on joining IPS.
- Sanjukta is a thinker and a blogger. She has a blog where she shares her thoughts and feelings about the perception of the police.
- In her IPS journey, she got her first posting as the Assistant Commandant of Makum in 2008. Later, she had taken the responsibility of controlling the clashes between Bodo and illegal Bangladeshi militants.
- Parashar IPS officer is known for killing 16 militants, and she also arrested more than 64, and seized tonnes of weapons.
- Further, as Superintendent of Police in the Sonitpur region, she handled the lead of CRPF jawans with AK-47 in the terror-infested area.
- Then, she is the mother of a child, and she is a modest, caring lady. She says criminals can be afraid of her.
- Her name that militants in the region most fear. She and her team constantly receive threats from the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB).
- Lastly, she has issued numerous threats from the National Democratic Front of Bodoland.
Know More about IPS Officer from her Interview.
Check out the answers given by the IPS officer Sanjukta Parashar in one of her interviews.
1. Which case do you consider was one of the toughest to crack, and why was that?
For this question, she replied, the murder case of a businessman. He was entrapped and kidnapped by a gang of gun runners, hitmen, and call girls. But, unfortunately, even after all the efforts, they lost the person who was kidnapped.
2. Do you think women officers have to work harder to respect their male counterparts?
She agreed and mentioned that women have to work twice as hard to be considered even half as good as men.
3. How old were you when you first decided that you want to join the force?
She was 23 years old when she decided to write the exam. But, she decided to join IPS instead of IAS.
4. What has your experience been working with the NIA now? How is it different from your previous posts?
She mentioned that working with the NIA has been a great experience, and she wishes to continue for as long as possible. In addition, she said she got to learn so much about the investigation.
5. How can we motivate young girls to join the forces and basically tell parents that women can also become great police officers?
She says it can be done by illustrating success stories of women in the police of different ranks.
Suggestions and Tips for the Exam
Now, we will share quick tips for the exam preparations below. Note made these points and tried to use them during the exam.
- Use your available time effectively and make a proper time table. Allot time for all the subjects and for the revision.
- Further, know the exam syllabus and the pattern of the exam. It is important for one to know the syllabus, for this purpose, you can refer to the previous year question papers. This will help you with the better understanding of the paper pattern and you can distribute your time according to the subjects and the concepts.
- It is essential for one to give the mock tests regularly. It will give you the feel of the final paper. There are many platforms that provide you with the mock test papers. So, after the completion of certain portin, try to give mock tests, it will surely help you.
- Along with the mock tests, do revise regularly. It will help you with the exam preparations. Try to use these tips in your exam it will surely help you in getting the better scores.
Conclusion – Sanjukta Parashar
In the article, we have added all the information of the Sanjukta Parashar IPS officer. Further, get all the details of the Sanjukta Parashar education, husband, biography, etc. She is truly an Iron Lady that we can easily get by her activities as an IPS officer. Further, reading this article will surely help all the IAS aspirants to prepare well for the exam. In our earlier articles, we have covered such inspiring stories of IAS and IPS officers. All of them had their own struggle to reach their goals. To make the tour dream count, it is important to work hard for the exam. We wish you good luck with the exams.
Sanjukta Parashar’s husband is Puru Gupta.
Exams like IAS and IPS are difficult. But, it is also possible to clear the exam with the right plan and hard work.
Talking about the IPS officer salary, the basic salary is Rs. 56,100(TA, DA, and HRA are extra) per month and reach Rs. It can reach up to 2,25,000 for a DGP.
Editor’s Note | Sanjukta Parashar
To conclude, in the article, we have added information about the Sanjukta Parashar IPS officer. You will also find Sanjukta Parashar’s education, biography, and other details. So, read the complete article and understand the IPS officer. To clear the IPS exam, hard work and dedication are important. Find such inspiring articles in the above links. It will motivate you to study for the exam and achieve your goals.