To begin with, in the article, we have added all the details of the International Organisations and their Headquarters. Below we have added the complete list of international/world organizations/institutions list. Further, when it comes to competitive examinations, one must know all these. It will help you in the exam. So, to help you with the same, we have added all the details.
- International Organisations and their Headquarters
- International Organizations list and their Headquaters
- Important Organisation and their Headquarters
- Why it is important for the IAS exam?
- Exam Preparation Tips
- FAQs – International Organisations
- Editor's Note | International Organisations and their Headquarters
International Organisations and their Headquarters
In the first place, these are important to know when it comes to all competitive exams. Further, every year questions will be asked from these topics. Therefore, we have added all the necessary information to the article. International organizations are governed by international law and possess international legal personalities, like United Nations, World Health Organization, and NATO.
Below we have added all the details, check for more information about the International Organisations/institutions and their Headquarters.
International Organizations list and their Headquaters
|World Wide Fund for Nature||Avenue du Mont-Blanc, Gland, Vaud, Switzerland|
|World Trade Organisation||Geneva, Switzerland|
|World Health Organization||Geneva, Switzerland|
|World Economic Forum||Geneva, Switzerland|
|World Bank||Washington DC, US|
|Universal Postal Union||Berne|
|United Nations Populations Fund||New York, US|
|United Nations Organization (UN)||New York, US|
|United Nations Children’s Fund||New York, US|
|UN Women||New York|
|The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation||Beijing China|
Then, click on the link to know the details of one of the organizations. Know More. Besides, below we have added the link, there you will find the complete information.
Important Organisation and their Headquarters
Further, we will try to give you the details of some international institutions that will help you with the exam.
- World Food Programme (WFP) – It is founded in the year 1961. Further, it committed to to end hunger, achieve food security and improve nutrition by 2030. Besides, it works closely with Food and Agriculture Organization , it helps countries to support sustainable agriculture. Then, with the International Fund for Agricultural Development, which finances projects in poor rural areas.
- International Labour Organization (ILO) – It is founded in the year 1919. Further, it mainly aims to improving peace among classes, ensuring decent work.
- World Health Organization (WHO) – It is founded in the year 1948. Then, there are 194 Member States, 150 country offices, six regional offices. Further, it provides leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) – It is founded in the year 1944 and it has 189 member countries. Further, it is responsible for Foster global monetary cooperation, Facilitate international trade, and reduce poverty around the world.
- International Court of Justice (ICJ) – It is founded in the year 1945. Further,It settles legal disputes between States and gives advisory opinions in accordance with international law, on legal questions.
- United Nations Children’s Fund UNICEF – It works in over 190 countries and territories. Further, it aims to save children’s lives, their rights. Then, to help children to help them with their potential.
- World Wide Fund for Nature – It is founded in the year 1961. It is responsible for thewilderness preservation and the reduction of human impact on the environment.
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) – This aims to to achieve food security for all. Further, to make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food.
Further, in the below article, get the List of International Organizations of which India Is a Member.
Why it is important for the IAS exam?
So, it is natural to question what will arise in everyone’s mind. That is why one must know about the International Organisations/institutions and their Headquarters. Therefore, we will help you by providing you all the information. Further, talking about competitive exams like IAS demands students to know about such organizations. So, in our other articles, we have added all the details of the IAS exam. Besides, the IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC, and so many students apply for the exam, but in the end, only a few make it till the end. But, then, it is one of the toughest exams present in India, and it has the longest syllabus. However, we have seen many students clearing the exam.
Further, talking about the IAS exam pattern, you will find three main stages, the first one is Preliminary, the main exam, and the last one is interview round. Then, like all the other exams present, the UPSC exam also comes with its rules and regulations. Then, in the prelims, you will find objective-type questions, and in the main exam, you will have descriptive questions. Further, those who clear the main exam are allowed to give the interview round. Then, to help you with the exam, we have added all the exam details in our other article. So, you will find exam patterns, syllabus, books, tips, and other important information.
Exam Preparation Tips
Below we have added some tips that will help you with the exam.
- In the first place, it is difficult to remember all the institutions. So, you can make essential points on the same, as it will make your work easy. Then, you can study during the exam.
- Further, one must understand the exam syllabus and the pattern. It is the first thing one must do. For this, you can refer to the previous year’s question papers. It will give you details of the question pattern, marks, and trending topics.
- Along with the subject knowledge, one needs to know the other details related to the nation and international affairs. As it has the longest syllabus, one needs to read from the best books, and you will find the book details provided below in the article.
- One must do a proper revision, and it is one of the most important things in any exam as it will help you to remember things well. Then, you can also make some important points and study during the exam. You can also give mock tests for practice, and it will give you the feel of the final year paper.
- Then, while choosing the optional subject, be careful. You can choose a subject which suits your skills. Before choosing the subject, go through the complete syllabus.
- One must visit the official website to know about the exam details such as exam date, results, and other important information.
In summary, in the article, we have added all the International Organisations and their Headquarters information. Therefore, you will find the complete list it will help you during the exam. So, make sure that you know them well. This article will help you in providing all the necessary details. Further, in the article, you will find the details of the IAS exam. Besides, we have provided you the vital links that will help you with the exam preparations. Then, we also know to clear the exam, one must work hard. Then, to cover the complete syllabus, you have an option of going for the classes.
There are so many classes present, and other are many students go for the classes. But, it depends on one person to the other. Some people study on their own and clear the exam. Further, joining classes come with some benefits, as they will help you with your exam preparations. You will also get study materials, test series, and many other things. But, some people cleared the exam without classes on their first go. So, it only depends on your hard work. We have also added complete details of the coaching classes in the other article, you can go through them and choose one. Click Here for more details on the same.
FAQs – International Organisations
Lastly, below we have added a few FAQs for more details.
Some examples are the United Nations, Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, Bank for International Settlements.
There are 300+ intergovernmental Organizations in the world
The League of Nations was the world’s first intergovernmental organization.
Editor’s Note | International Organisations and their Headquarters
To conclude, in the above article, we have all the details of the international organizations/institutions list. Therefore, you will find the complete list, and it will help you with the exam. But, then, it is hard to remember all the details. So, you can make points while reading the article and study them in the exam time. Further, there are chances students ignore some topics. Therefore, one must understand the complete syllabus of the exam before applying for the exam. Besides, for the exams like IAS, there is a need for hard work and dedication as everyone can’t clear the exam. This article will help you by giving all the details of the international organizations list.
However, we have seen many students clearing the exam. So, we can say that this exam will check your subject knowledge and students’ hard work and dedication towards their goals. We have also seen many people leaving their jobs to prepare for the exam. But then, many are dreaming of becoming the next IAS officer. So, if you are serious about your dreams, prepare well for the exam — all the very best for your exams.