Social Media? What is the first thought that comes to your mind when you hear this word? As we all know, every one of us is aware of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. Some of the other ways each one of us uses social media nowadays. Further, one needs to know how to use them and limit yourself from using them. No doubt, it is one of the popular topics for writing essays in many competitive exams. Therefore, in this article, we have covered all information related to the Social Media Essay, advantages, benefits, and disadvantages of social media. Read the article and understand how you can make your social media essay effective by including the pros and cons of social media.
To begin with, the use of social media has become a necessity of life. Further, it is easy to get information and know what your close ones are doing. It is beneficial for learning about new places, donations, the latest news about the world, all kinds of events, etc. We have seen how social media played a major role in creating awareness during pandemics. It helped by providing all the essential details of taking, vaccination details, and other details. However, we all know it can be anything; it has advantages and disadvantages. So, social media can be addictive, especially in the younger generation. Therefore, one must be careful while using social media and know your limit.
Social Media Essay
Whenever you write a social media essay, you need to structure it well. One should follow it with an introduction, main body, and conclusion. Further, one needs to add relevant points instead of stuffing words. So, whenever you get a topic, try to collect points and start writing. As there are many topics for essay writing, if you go through the previous year’s question papers, you will come to know which are the trending topics, you can prepare for the essential topics accordingly.
Further, with social media essay, you can give a brief introduction. Then, in the introduction part, please provide an overview of the essay, and in the main body, try to add all relevant points it can advantages facts, etc. Further, in conclusion, summarize all points you have included in the main body.
Let us learn more about adding more points to the Social Media Essay. Adding benefits, disadvantages of social media in social media essay makes your essay an effective one.
Also, understand digital media. Click here for more information on the same.
Facts of Social Media
- The worldwide population is 7.7 billion, and the internet has 4.4 billion users. However, this number is increasing day by day.
- Further, there are nearly 3.5 billion active social media users, and every 6.4 seconds, a new account has been created.
- Facebook has 2.7 billion active monthly users worldwide and has around 500.000 new users every single day.
- Further, with respect to Instagram, more than a 500million of these use the platform daily. Besides, 95 million photos are uploaded to Instagram daily.
- One of the important things is 71% of US businesses use Instagram. Around 80% of users make their purchase decision with the help of Instagram.
- Youtube, nearly 2 billion users visit YouTube every single day, and 60% of people prefer to watch online video platforms like YouTube.
- Further, more than 500 hours of video content is uploaded to YouTube every single minute.
These are some of the facts related to social media. However, concerning each social media, there are many facts. After reading the above points, one can easily say that social media has become a necessity in some way. Further, with no doubt number of users on various platforms is increasing day by day. Further, we will look into the pros and cons of social media.
Advantages of Social Media
Further, we will understand the advantages or benefits of using Social Media. Try to add some in the social media essay writing in the exam.
- There are various advantages of using social media. In the first place, it is easy to get connected with friends and family. Use Facebook, Instagram one can easily reach out to friends who are staying away from you.
- Further, it helps you in providing the latest information related to technology, events, health awareness, education, etc. Along with news, even on social media, you will find all details.
- As we all know now, there is a concept called social media marketing, which is nothing but all kinds of businesses that promote business through various social media platforms.
- If you have observed, it also provides a great platform for young budding artists to showcase their talent. It can also provide you with employment offers.
- Social Media plays a vital role in creating awareness about various things, especially with covid-19. Through social media, one was able to help each other. Besides, it played an important role in bringing out stories of ‘Metoo’ victims.
Disadvatages of Social Media
As we all know, everything comes with the advantages and disadvantages of social media. Let us look at the below points and try to add them to the social media essay. But, make sure that you are a few relevant points only.
- Further, school-going children also use social media these days. Addiction to social media can harm the academic performance of students. However, it is the responsibility of parents to restrict their children from using mobile or social media. As there is the right time for everything and now it is a time to concentrate on the studies.
- Besides, many, especially youngsters, pretend to be happy on their social media, and we don’t know if they are happy in their real happiness. Also, there are some people who easily get influenced by other people. Well, if it is in a positive way, it’s good. But, it should not negatively affect anyone.
- One must take care of various things like Women facing cyber rape and fake news. Sometimes it also creates false notions about beauty and physical standards. This makes to feel low about their looks and their body. Therefore, the use of social media is in our hands, it depends on you how you will make you live better by use of social media with positive thoughts. There can be other disadvantages of social media, but try to add only important one in the exam.
Conclusion – Social Media Essay
This article will give you all the important information for Social Media Essay writing. Further, you will get details like the benefits of social media, the pros and cons of social media, and other information. Essay writing is one of the essential things in the UPSC main exam. One must refer to the previous year’s papers to understand the trending topics for the exam. It is impossible to study everything, and one can understand essential topics and collect information on them. It is also important not to add too much information and make it lengthier. Keep it relevant, and don’t add too much. Further, one needs to know how to write a perfect essay.
Therefore, we have added all the essay writing suggestions and tips. Read More. Further, in the IAS main exam, you will find essay writing questions. So, it is important for one to practice for the exam. If you are looking for the IAS exam details and what are the important topics for the essay writing. To help you with the same we have added essential details, that will help you with the exam preparations. Click Here. We suggest one to write all the important points in your words and it will help you with the exam. You can refer same for the exam.
Social media helps to create awareness of various things. It also helps you to get the latest details.
Understand the topic and structure your social media essay well. Include a proper introduction, main part, and the conclusion part.
Some of the social platforms are Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
Editor’s Note | Social Media Essay
In summary, you will get to know things like the benefits of social media, pros and cons, and advantages and disadvantages of social media. These all things are important to know for the Social Media Essay writing for the UPSC exam. In a world, many are using social media, and it can be for their personal use or for their business. Social Media have become part of our lives. Further, for Social Media Essay, one needs to know to collect all the necessary details and write Social Media Essay.
By reading the above article, you will get enough information to help you write Social Media Essay for the IAS exam. As we all know about the IAS exam syllabus, it becomes important for one to know about the paper pattern and prepare for the exam. Further, to this exam to clear one should work hard and put in all special efforts.