To begin with, for all kinds of competitive exams and the IAS exam, it is essential to understand IAS UPSC general knowledge questions. Therefore, this article has added UPSC GK Questions for the IAS exam. Further, along with covering the entire syllabus, one needs to study current affairs and UPSC GK Questions. Therefore, let us learn all information in the below article.
Before understanding the details of the UPSC IAS exam GK questions, let us look into IAS exam information; as we all know, the IAS exam is conducted in three stages. In the first place, there is a Preliminary exam, the main exam, and an interview round. Therefore, one needs to clear all three stages of the exam. Later, there are two objective types of papers in the preliminary exam. Finally, there are nine papers in the main exam, and they are descriptive types. Besides, once you clear the main exam, there will be an interview round. As we all know, the IAS exam is the toughest in India. To clear the IAS exam, one must work hard and out in all special efforts.
Besides, go through the visit to the official website for more details on the IAS exam. Click Here. You will find all the details of the exam.
Importance of GK in the IAS exam
A natural question that comes to one’s mind is why GK and current affairs are essential for the IAS Exam. Let us know why
- In the first place, it is important to have good understanding of what is happening around the world and in the country
- Further, in the interview round, they will check with your knowledge on social responsibility, and awareness of the national and international events in all field.
- Besides, with respect to the IAS exam it is important for one reading the newspapers daily and make a note of them.
Further, for all the competitive exams and the IAS exam, you must know essential concepts. It isn’t easy to learn all the concepts. Therefore, make a proper timetable and give time for all the subjects and revisions. Revision is one of the most vital things in any exam. It helps you to remember things. Besides, whenever you read the newspapers, try to note all the essential points, it is good to maintain one book for this purpose. This book you can read during exam time.
UPSC General Knowledge Questions
Further, below we have added sample questions that will help you understand the ias general knowledge questions.
- What is the name of the border that separates Pakistan and Afghanistan – Durand line
- The capital city stands on the river Danube is – Belgrade
- Who is the person who is called the father of modern Italy – G.Garibaldi
- Which country called as the Land of Rising Sun – Japan
- Who discovered the Niagara Falls – Louis Hennepin
- The Eifel tower was built by – Alexander Eiffel
- The world’s largest diamond producing country in – South Africa
- Which is the longest river in the world – the Nile
- Who is the first Secretary-General of the UNO – Trygve Lie
- The Gurkhas are the original inhabitants of – Nepal
- The volcano Vesuvius is located in – Italy
- Which is the biggest desert in the world – the Sahara Desert
- The country famous for Samba dance – Brazil
- Which is the largest producer of tin – Malaysia
- Which is the permanent secretariat of the SAARC – Kathmandu
- The earlier name of Sri Lanka was – Ceylon
- Which is a city known as the City of Canals – Venice
- Which is the famous painting of Pablo Picasso – Guermica
- Who is the father of modern Italy – G.Garibaldi
- Which country ranks second in terms of the land area is – Canada
- Who is the first person to reach the North Pole – Rear Peary
Continued – UPSC GK Questions
- Which is the place known as the Roof of the world – Tibet
- `Last Judgement’ was the first painting of an Italian painter named – Michelangelo
- Paradise Regained was written by – John Milton
- Who is the first bowler to leave left-handers 200 times in Tests? – Ravichandran Ashwin
- Which state government has launched the ‘Maa’ scheme to provide meals at INR 5/- to poor people? – West Bengal
- Which state is running for the ‘Mission Shakti Abhiyan’ to secure the safety of women? – Uttar Pradesh
- Who is the first Pakistani to receive the Nobel Prize – Abdul Salam
- Who is the country known as the Land of Thunderbolts – Bhutan
- Which is the country known as the Land of White Elephant – Thailand
- The principal export of Jamaica is – Sugar
- New York is popularly known as the – city of Skyscrapers
- The country known as the Land of Thunderbolts is – Bhutan
- Which is the longest highway in the world has a length of – About 8000 km
Above are some of the sample questions which we have added. However, there are still many questions according to different topics. So, make sure to try to cover all the essential topics.
IAS Exam Preparations
Further, we will help you by providing suggestions for the IAS exam preparations.
- It can be any exams, understanding of the exam syllabus and the exam pattern is important. Therefore, for the IAS exam, understand the paper pattern pattern by referring to the previous year question papers.
- Further, once you have understoos the pattern, know where you will need GK and current affairs. So, before starting with the exam preparations it is essential for one to knoe core areas.
- Besides, try to study from the limited sources, choose your materials carefully so that you can cover the maximum segments of current affairs and GK thoroughly.
- Making notes is again one of the essential thing in the IAS exam. So, whenever you study something try to write on your words and that will help you during the exam.
- It is important for one to read the newspapers, but try to concentrate only on the essential topics. Don’t waste your time in reading the whole paper. It is a good habit to read only important topics.
- Try to solve as many question papers as well it will help with your exam preparations.
Books – UPSC GK Questions
Below we have added books details for the UPSC General Knowledge Questions. It is not possible to study from all books, know which are the best and study from them.
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Rapid General Knowledge 2021 for Competitive Exams by Disha Experts
- General Knowledge 2022 by Arihant Experts
- S.Chand’s Advanced Objective General Knowledge by R.S.Agarwal
- The Pearson Concise General Knowledge Manual 2020
- Pratiyogita Darpan Magazine
- Manorama Yearbook
- India Year Book by publication division, Government of India (Yearly )
- Economic Survey
Along with these, one must watch newspapers and read newspapers daily. It will also help with your exam preparations.
Conclusion – UPSC GK Questions
In summary, we have added UPSC IAS general knowledge questions in the article. Further, for the IAS exam, it is essential to know about the UPSC GK Questions. As we all know, the IAS exam has the longest syllabus, and it is the most challenging exam in India. However, with the proper preparations, one can get the best results. Besides, in the article, we have added some of the IAS tips and books for the GK. Further, to clear the UPSC exam, one needs to work hard and prepare well. Therefore, it is essential to know the exam syllabus and pattern, also which are the best books for the exam. Further, we have added all information of the IAS exam like exam syllabus, pattern, books, and other details. Read More.
FAQs – UPSC GK Questions
Check out some FAQs on the IAS GK Questions
GS is general Science, and GK is general knowledge, which is essential for the UPSC exam.
One can read newspapers daily, or many platforms help you get details of current affairs.
Many platforms give you GK questions on various topics. Further, in the article, we added some questions and book details.
One must know the complete syllabus and the exam pattern. Further, one must study from the best books available for the exam.
However, there are many newspapers present, but the Hindu and the Indian Express are highly recommended.
Editor’s Note | UPSC GK Questions
The above article gives you details on the UPSC GK Questions. General Knowledge is one of the important topics for the IAS exam. Further, the syllabus of the IAS exam is the longest, and try to cover all the concepts so that you will get the best results in the exam. The article gives details of the GK books, tips for the exam, sample questions, and other details. Further, one cannot skip studying this, so try to read newspapers daily it will help you to gain knowledge. Besides, one must try to refer to the previous year’s questions papers that will help you to know about the question pattern, syllabus, and marks details.