To begin with, the National Defence Academy (NDA) is a national-level exam. Then, it is organized by the UPSC twice a year. So, this exam is conducted for admission to Army, Navy, and Air Force wings of NDA and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). NDA’s full form is National Defence Academy. So, in the below article, know more about NDA full form, syllabus, exam date, and lastly, NDA result details
So, let us start with understanding the conditions which are must pass. So, below we have listed them –
- In the first place, Nationality
- Educational Qualifications
- Then, age Limit
- Lastly, Physical Fitness
Then, below we have listed the details, you can check with the same. So, candidates must be either one of the following:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A PIO (Person of Indian origin) is someone who has migrated from the countries specified below, to permanently settle in India.
- Or the people from nations such as Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania and Zaire, Ethiopia.
So, next, we have an education. It is different for different academies. So, check with the below table for more details on the same.
|Army Wing of National Defence Academy||Passed Class 12/HSC or equivalent from a recognised board or university.|
|Air Force, Navy and Naval Academy of National Defence Academy||Passed Class 12/HSC with Physics and Mathematics|
Then, next is age limit, check the below table for the details
|Age Limit||Age (years)|
|Minimum Age||15.7 years (not later than 1st January 2005)/ 16 years during the commencement of course|
|Maximum Age||18.7 years (not earlier than 2nd January 2002)/ 19 years during the commencement of course|
Next, one thing must be taken care of i.e., not to marry for the duration of the training. So, if at all you fail, this will cause the debarment of the candidate from NDA. In addition to this, any charge incurred on him by the government is required to be refunded.
Lastly, we have physical and which is most important as well. So, check out with the below table for the complete details on the Physical Fitness.
So, download below for more details on Height required according to a different age.
Then, in addition to the above details, all the candidates must make sure that they do not suffer from the following conditions –
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Hydrocele / Phimosis
- Condition of Overweight / Underweight
- Under Sized Chest
- Lastly, varicocele
NDA Exam Pattern
Then, will have look at the exam pattern in detail. So, like all the other exams NDA also has its exam pattern. Take look at the below points for more.
So, before knowing the pattern,
- In the first place, all the questions in the exam are of Multiple Choice Questions
- Then, there is a total of 270 questions. So, in that 120 Mathematics and 150 questions for the GAT section.
- Also, remember there will be negative marking as well for the incorrect answer.
It is divided into two stages –
- To begin with, Written Examination
- Lastly, SSB Interview
Then, next the written exam is further divided into
- NDA written exam for Mathematics
- Then, NDA written exam for General Ability Test (GAT)
Furthermore, GAT is divided into
- Part A – English Test
- Part B – Then, General Awareness or General Knowledge Test
Then, check the below table for more information on the GAT section marks
|NDA General Ability Test||Sections||Maximum marks|
|Part A – English||–||200|
|Part B – General Awareness||Physics||100|
|History, Freedom Movement, etc.||80|
|Lastly, Current Events||40|
Paper 1 – Mathematics – 300 marks – 120 questions – duration 2 hours 30 minutes
Paper 2 – GAT – 600 marks – 150 questions – duration 2 hours 30 minutes
Then, for Mathematics marks for correct answer is 2.5 and for GAT is 4. Also, for the incorrect answers 0.83 and 1.33 marks are deducted for Mathematics and GAT respectively. So, one must be very careful while writing the exam.
NDA Exam Syllabus
So now, take a look at the syllabus of the NDA Syllabus
Lastly, we have SSB Interview
|NDA – SSB Interview Pattern|
|Stage 1||Screening Test||Verbal and non-verbal tests.PPDT|
|Stage 2||Psychological Test||Thematic Apperception Test (TAT)Word Association Test (WAT)Situation Reaction Test (SRT)Self Description Test (SD)|
|Group Testing Officers Test||GDGPEPGTHGTIOTCommand TaskSnake race/Group Obstacle RaceIndividual lectureFGT|
|Lastly, Personal Interview & conference||–|
Books – NDA Exam
- Then, quantitative aptitude for competitive examinations – R S Aggarwal
- Study Package MATHEMATICS NDA & NA Entrance Exam – Arihant
- Then, NDA Mathematics (Hindi) – RPH Editorial Board
Lastly, know how to apply for the exam online.
- To begin with, visit the official website.
- Then, click on Part 1 Registration. Furthermore, it is divided into four parts.
- Fill in the basic details such as
- Date of Birth
- Father’s and Mother’s Name
- Marital Status
- Fee Remission –
- Educational Qualification
- Lastly, address and Email ID –
- Then, on the next page, you must choose the branch preference.
- Then, next, you must choose the Indian Army, Air Force, and Navy preferences.
- So, candidates have to mark the preferences in numbers from 1 to 4. Then, if you don’t want any preference, you can mark ‘0’.
- The students from Sainik/Military School and the son of CO/NCO/Other Rank Officer must enter the details.
- Lastly, click on ‘Continue’ to move to the next page of the NDA application form 2021.
- Then, on page 3, you must verify the details. Select I agree/I .disagree
- So, next on page 4,
- Then, Part 2 registration, Fee payment, select the exam center and lastly upload photograph and signature.
Note – So, the scanned photograph and signature should be in the .jpg format. Then, the files you upload should be between 3 KB to 40 KB. The signature size should be 1 KB.
Then, you can make the payment either online or offline
- So, the fee for the general and OBC category is INR 100. There is no fee to be paid for the reserved categories like SC, ST, Sons of JCOs, NCOs, ORs.
- Then, you can pay their fees in any branch of SBI by cash or through net banking, Visa/MasterCard/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
- If you are paying the fees by cash, you must take the printout during the Part-II registration.
Then, check out the below points to know which are the documents you need.
- In the first place, printout of NDA application form
- Then, fee payment proof
- Then, scanned copy of Identical photographs and signature (20 to 300 KB in JPG format)
- For the photo identity card in PDF format, 20 to 300 KB in PDF format you can carry either of these Aadhaar card/ School Photo ID/ Driving License/PAN card/ Voter Card/ passport
- Carry the bank details in case of an online transaction
- Lastly, admit card and Marksheet of Class 10 and 12
NDA Exam dates
Lastly, know the important NDA Exam dates and NDA result date. So, look at the below table for more details
|Events||NDA I Dates||NDA II Dates|
|Release of Notification||December 20, 2020||June 9, 2021|
|Availability of Application Form||December 30, 2020||June 9, 2021|
|Last date to apply||January 19, 2021||July 29, 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||March 2021||August 2021|
|NDA 2021 Exam Date||April 18, 2021||September 05, 2021|
|Lastly, Declaration of NDA Result||May 2021||November 2021|
So, it is essential for you to check with the notification regularly, for NDA result and exam date
Conclusion – NDA Exam
To conclude, this article is all about NDA Exam. So, we have included the NDA full form, syllabus, exam date, result, and all the other essential details. Then, if you have a plan for writing the NDA exam, this article will be of great help. So, if you have a plan for writing the exam, you can read the article. Finally, we wish you all the best for the NDA exam.
So, for more details on the different state exams and know more IAS Exam you can check here.
Then, for more knowledge on NDA Exam, you can check up with the official website.
NCERT books will cover all the basic concepts. But, for the deep study you can read other books also.
No, it will be the same
So, you can follow below steps
Documents required to fill NDA application form.
So, you can follow the below steps
Documents required to fill NDA application form.
1: To begin with, the candidate’s registration.
3: Verify the details.
4: Generation of registration ID.
5: Fee Payment.
6: Then, selection of exam centre.
7: Lastly, uploading of photograph and signature.
So, NDA complete form is National Defence Academy. Then, it is conducted by the UPSC twice a year. So, for more information, you can check with the above article and the NDA result and exam date.
Editor’s Note | NDA Exam
In brief, the above article mainly focuses on NDA Exam. So, if you are an aspirant, it will be of your help. We have included details such as the NDA full form, result, syllabus, and other essential information. In addition to what information we have provided, you must do your research by doing that; you will get more insights. Also, hard work is essential especially, for such exams. Then, one must take care of the health as it is very important. All the best for the exam.