To begin with, let us understand all the details related to the IPS officer. So, today will understand all the details such as IPS qualification, age limit, eligibility, height, and all the other essential details. So, know how to become an IPS officer. Take a look. By the end of this article, you will know all the details of an IPS officer. It will surely help you with the selection process.
- IPS Selection Process
- IPS Eligibility – How to Become IPS Officer
- IPS Papers
- Roles and Responsibility
- Conclusion – How to Become IPS Officer
- FAQ's – How to Become IPS Officer
- Editor's Note | How to Become IPS Officer
IPS Selection Process
In the first place, let us understand the selection process. So, the Indian Police Service examination is a part of the Civil Services Examination (CSE) held by the UPSC each year. Then, now will understand all the IPS exam criteria below.
Similarly like other competitive exams IPS also includes the following steps.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Lastly, Interview Round
IPS Eligibility – How to Become IPS Officer
In the first place, for any exam understanding, all the eligibility is essential. So, before applying for the exam, we suggest you understand all the details related to the exam. Later, you can proceed with the exam.
Then, will have a look at the IPS eligibility, so understand the below points
- Physical Criteria
- Education Qualification
- Lastly, Age limit
So, all the four conditions are compulsory for anyone to have to write the exam.
So, to begin with, understand the physical conditions for the exam. Then, below we have added the details such as IPS height, age limit, qualification.
Then, in the below table you will find the details of IPS height for male and female.
|Height||165 cm||150 cm|
|Height (for ST, Gorkhas, Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland)||160 cm||145 cm|
|Chest girth fully expanded||84 cm||79 cm|
|Expansion||5 cm||5 cm|
Then, next Blood Pressure,
For those who are below 25 years Systolic Pressure is 100 – 130 mm and Diastolic Pressure <90 mm. Then, who are above 25 years Systolic Pressure 110 – 140 mm and Diastolic Pressure is <90 mm.
So, along with the above conditions take a look at the other physical conditions
- Nasal: competitor ought not to falter while talking
- Ear: great tuning in and ordinary ear depression; 1000 – 4000 recurrence hearing hindrance ought not to be in excess of 30 decibels
- Ultimately, female up-and-comers ought not to be pregnant while at the hour of the clinical trial.
So, a candidate must be either of the following
- A competitor should be a resident of India or Nepal, or Bhutan
- A Tibetan displaced person who came to India before January 1, 1962, to remain in India.
- Finally, a transient from any of the accompanying nations for forever getting comfortable India: Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African nations of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
Education Qualification – How to Become IPS Officer
Then, let us know about the IPS education qualification. A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from any of the universities recognized by the UGC or an equivalent qualification.
Also, those candidates who have written the final year exams of the qualifying exam (bachelor’s degree) and are awaiting results can apply for the exam. But, they must submit proof of passing the exam while applying for the exam.
Then, will have look at the IPS age limit, one must have an age between 21 years to 32 years.
Then, relaxation will be provided for SC/ST up to 5 years and for OBC up to 3 years. For those from Jammu and Kashmir up to 5 years and also for Ex-servicemen. Then, the next 5 years for ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of 5 years of Military Service assignment. Lastly, for 10 years for blind, deaf, and disabled persons.
Lastly, let us know the number of attempts. So, in the below table, we have added the details according to the different categories. But, along with this, you must take care of the age limit as well.
|Category||Number of Attempts|
|General | EWS||6|
|Physically Handicapped (General & EWS)||9|
|Physically Handicapped (OBC)||9|
|Physically Handicapped (SC/ST)||No restriction|
Take a brief look at the IPS paper details. So, there are 9 papers in the main stage. One is the essay paper and four GS, lastly two languages papers and two optional papers. One must be aware that only after clearing the Preliminary Exam can you write the Main exam and then an Interview after clearing the main exam.
Then, for more details on the IPS eligibility, you can visit here.
Roles and Responsibility
So, now will understand the duties of the IPS officer. Below we have listed various duties which are carried out by the IPS officer.
- They need to complete the line obligations to keep up the harmony, wrongdoing counteraction, security, the anticipation of sneaking, defilement.
- Keeping up open harmony and request Crime counteraction
- The Investigation, recognition, and assortment of knowledge
- Celebrity security
- Rail line policing
- Against pirating and medication dealing
- Handling Economic Offenses Corruption in open life
- Fiasco the board Biodiversity and security/implementation of natural laws, and so on
- Authorization of financial enactment
- At that point, High-level posts in the Indian Intelligence Agencies CBI, R&AW, IB, CID.
- Fill in as HoDs in policymaking in the Ministries and Departments of Central and State Governments.
- Public area endeavors (PSUs) both at the middle and in states
- Interface and facilitate intimately with Other All India Services
- The Indian Army and Armed Forces, by and large
Lastly, let us understand the recruitment process. So, understand all the points in the process.
There are two recruitment modes
- Promotion of State Police Service Officers
- Then, the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
There was a Limited Competitive Examination (LCE) arrangement for enlistment to the IPS for a concise period. Nonetheless, in 2018, the Supreme Court of India maintained the Center’s choice to scrap this enrollment method of Indian Police Service officials.
The UPSC conducts the Civil Services Exam, for which just about 5-8 lakh applicants show up consistently. A similar test initiates officials for the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Revenue Service, Indian Audit and Accounts Service, and so forth.
The UPSC organizes the Civil Services Exam, for which just about 5-8 lakh applicants show up consistently. A similar test initiates officials for the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Revenue Service, Indian Audit and Accounts Service, and so forth.
The IPS exam (UPSC CSE 2021) will be held in three stages:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam – June 2021
- Civil Services (Main) Exam – September 2021
- UPSC Personality Test – To be notified
Conclusion – How to Become IPS Officer
To conclude, in this article, “How to Become IPS Officer,” we have added the details of IPS age limit, height, and many other details which will help you with the exam. Then, if you plan to write the exam, you must take care of many things. Competitive exams require special efforts and hard work. It is tough initially, but don’t think of giving up. Keep going and work hard and study smart. Also, you can find the other articles where we have included tips and suggestions for the exam. So, all the best for your exams. Then, please keep all the points which we have mentioned above.
Lastly, for more details on the IPS exam like exam pattern, syllabus, tips, and other details. Know Here. It will clear all your doubts on the IPS exam and help you with your examination.
FAQ’s – How to Become IPS Officer
Then, below are the some of the questions which will give more idea with the IPS Exam
In the first place, check with all the conditions of the exam. Then, if you pass, you can apply for the exam. Also, it would help if you took care of many things like knowing the syllabus, pattern, and many other things. So, for more details, you can check this article.
So, the candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university to take the exam. If you are in the final year and waiting for the results can apply. Along with this, know the other IPS qualification like IPS age limit, height, eligibility, and more.
No, it’s not enough. According to the rules, you must have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university
According to the Seventh Pay Commission, the salary of an IPS can range from Rs 56,100 per month to Rs 2,25,000 per month.
Editor’s Note | How to Become IPS Officer
In brief, in the above article, we mainly focused on How to become an IPS officer. So, you will find all the information related to the IPS exam, like age limit, IPS eligibility, height, education, and all the other details. So, it can be any exam; you must take care of many things like exam pattern, syllabus, exam dates, etc. Along, with that hard work is very important. It will help if you work hard to make your dreams come true. Then, good luck with your exams. It isn’t easy, but it is possible so never give up on your goals. Make your dream count. Follow the proper routine and work hard.