To begin with, today, let us understand all the details related to the IRS (Indian Revenue Service) officer. We will help you by giving you all the information like the IRS exam, full form, IRS officer salary, and essential details. Then, by the end of this article, you will understand the essentials of the IRS exam. So, take a look.
Indian Revenue Service (IRS) is a civil services competitive exam in India. UPSC conducts it for recruitment to the Revenue Department. The Indian Revenue Service (IRS) is the administrative revenue service of the Government of India. It is one of the Group A services. IRS is responsible for the functioning of the Revenue Department in the Union Ministry of Finance. Also, it is concerned with the collection and management of taxes, accruing the same to the Union Government.
It comprises of two branch
- IRS (Income Tax)
- IRS (Customs and Central Excise).
Eligibility – IRS Officer
Similarly, like all the exams, IRS Exam also has its set of conditions, so it becomes essential for one to pass those conditions to write the exam. We have gathered all the information related to IRS eligibility to help you make the decision. So, take a look at the below points.
In the first place, will understand all the exam conditions. So, according to the rules, only if you qualify for all the requirements can you apply for the exam. Then, below we have listed all the exam conditions, have a look at the below points.
- Educational Qualifications
- Age Limit
- Lastly, the number of Attempts
Then, next will know about nationality. So, a candidate must be one of the following.
- A citizen of India.
- A person of Indian origin who came from from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam to stay in India.
Education Qualification – IRS Officer
Then, look at the Education Qualification it is also one of the important conditions. So, you must have either from the below.
- A degree from a Central, State or Deemed University
- A degree received through Correspondence Education or Distance
- Lastly, a degree from an Open University A qualification recognized by the Government of India as being equivalent to either of the above.
Age Limit – IRS Officer
Then, coming to the age limit. So, to write the exam, one must be at the age between 21 years and 32 years. Also, there is relaxation for the specific category. For SC/ST up to 37 years, OBC 35 years. Lastly, relaxation is also provided for physically handicapped people.
Number of Attempts
Lastly, we have several attempts. For General Category/ OBC Candidates: 6 attempts For OBC Candidates: 9 attempts For SC/ST Candidates: No restrictions.
You can go through the official site for more details on the IRS (Indian Revenue Service) Exam. Know More
Roles and Responsibilities – IRS Officer
Now, have a look at the duties, we have mentioned below.
- To begin with, one of the most important roles of the IRS is tax policy formulation. So, any changes or creation of indirect taxes is made by IRS officers.
- Then, they are the tax administrators. It becomes their responsibility to make sure that evade taxes have to face sentencing and investigate cases related to tax evasion.
- In conclusion, they need to guarantee that everybody is settling duties and need to ensure that the dark cash included in the nation is cut down. It is critical to battle the dark cash issue in India.
Why to choose the IRS?
Understanding why the factor for the things we do is very important. So, look at the below points
- In any case, individuals intrigued by tax assessment ought to settle on this assistance.
- Further, at that point, on the off chance that you are persuaded about your decision of intrigue and have the guts to conflict with a prominent attitude, you should join the IRS.
- There is more balance between serious and fun activities in the IRS than in the IAS.
- Political impedance is very nearly zero here.
- If you incline toward living in the metro urban areas, you may favor the IRS since 80-90% of the postings are in metro or large urban areas.
- Then, at that point, one more explanation is that if your mate is likewise in the IRS, you can be posted together more often than not.
- There is greater strength of residency in IRS.
- IRS officer’s work is confined to normal office hours.
- Lastly, there is generally less pressure in this service as compared to the IAS.
Salary – IRS Officer
Then, check out with the below table for more details on the IRS officer salary. We have gathered the salary of all the posts with Grade Pay. Take a look at the table.
|IRS Salary per month
|Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax
|Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax
|Joint Commissioner of Income Tax
|Additional Commissioner of Income Tax
|Commissioner of Income Tax
|Principal Commissioner of Income Tax
|Chief Commissioner of Income Tax
|Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax
Tips – IRS Officer
We have listed some of the tips for the IRS Exam, try to follow them while preparing for the exam.
- One must know the syllabus well before writing the exam. Know the topics well and study accordingly.
- Make a timetable, where you will allocate time for all the subjects and take a break at regular intervals, and it will help you concentrate more. So, you can talk with your family and friends, or you can watch videos but make sure that everything has a limit and go back to your studies.
- Give mock tests when you complete a certain portion. It will help you to know the skills and also where you need improvement. There are many sources present online, where you can give the tests.
- Take care of your health; it is the most important thing. Don’t ignore your health, have good food, sleep well.
- The revision also is essential. As you keep on studying without revision, it will be difficult for you to remember everything. So, after a certain portion of the study, revise. The revision will help you to remember things so, have a habit of revising.
- One must have a habit of reading a newspaper daily. Current Affairs play a major role in the exam. So, make sure that along with the syllabus, you are aware of the current affairs.
- Lastly, always be updated with the latest information on the exam. When the exam dates are close, know when they will release the admit card and all the other details.
Follow up the above points which help you with the exam preparations.
Conclusion – IRS Officer
To conclude, in this article, we have mainly focused on the IRS exam. Then, we have included all the details like IRS (Indian Revenue Service) full form, IRS officer salary, and all the other details. So, this article comes in handy if you are planning to write the IRS exam. Then, before writing the exam, make sure that you have checked all the details. It plays a vital role, understands all the details such as exam pattern, syllabus, exam dates, application form, admit card, latest information of the exam, and other details. Lastly, we wish you all the best for the exams. Put in all your hard work and study hard. It will be difficult at the start but keep going and make your dreams come true.
Note – Find the complete details of the IAS exam. Read More.
FAQ’s – IRS Officer
Lastly, look at the below questions which will give you more idea about the exam.
So, to write the IRS exam. One must have completed graduation in any course from a government-recognized college. Also, the age must be between 21 years but not 30. Then, for more details on eligibility, read the full article based on that you can decide to apply or not.
According to the rules. To become an IRS worker, you must have a bachelor’s degree in business or finance with a minimum of 30 credit hours in accounting.
Yes, the prospectus for the two IAS and IFS is the same. A similar test is directed for different administrations and posts like IAS, IFS, IPS, IRS.
So, IRS full form stands for the Indian Revenue Service
Editor’s Note | IRS Officer
In brief, in the article, we have added the information about the IRS Exam. You will find the Indian Revenue Service Exam details as IRS officer salary, IRS full form, pattern, tips, and other details. This article is useful for your exam preparation and will save you time. For any exam, hard work is essential so, for this exam as well, you must work hard and study smartly. Before applying for the exam, know all the essential things related to the exam to create a problem in the future. Then, start preparing for the exam, know the pattern and the syllabus of the exam well. Lastly, we wish you all the best. Put in all your hard works so you can achieve your goals.