India has a complex cultural and social background. In India, several religious sects and castes coexist peacefully. As a result, our social fabric is challenging and is well-integrated. However, class differences and isolation persist in some parts of the country. With this in mind, the government provides unique advantages to those from exploited castes and backgrounds in the past. The Other Backward Class Certificate is another name for the Non-Creamy Layer Certificate. It is 1 such paper that will allow people from the OBC group to take advantage. You will discover how to obtain the Non-Creamy Layer OBC NCL certificate, as well as the income limit and all related information, in this article.
- OBC Non Creamy Layer: Background
- What is OBC Non-Creamy Layer Certificate?
- OBC Non Creamy Layer Certificate: Eligibility
- Non Creamy Layer (OBC NCL) – Income Limit
- How to Apply for Non Creamy Layer Certificate?
- What is the Validity of Non Creamy Layer (OBC NCL) – Certificate?
- FAQ- Non Creamy Layer
- Editor's Note | Non Creamy Layer
OBC Non Creamy Layer: Background
- Based on the proposal of the Second Backward Classes Commission, the government established a 27 percent quota for Socially & Educationally Backward Classes (SEBCs) in civil office and service openings to be filled by direct recruitment in August 1990. (Mandal Commission).
- Following a challenge, the Supreme Court (in the Indira Sawhney case in November 1992) upheld the 27 percent reservation for OBCs, subject to the exclusion of the creamy layer.
- The goal of this agreement was to allocate positions in the Central Government and Public Sectors, as well as to provide subsidies and free education.
- The process for acquiring the Non-Creamy Layer Certificate varies by state.
What is OBC Non-Creamy Layer Certificate?
Other Backward Class is the complete form of OBC. The government of India uses the term “OBC” to designate or describe castes that are educationally or socially underprivileged and disadvantaged. Other Backward Class is a government-created categorization. Other classifications include Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST). Though the Schedule class and Schedule tribes also benefit from the government’s provisions. The government of India divides the Other Backward Class category into two categories: creamy layer OBC and non-creamy layer OBC.
It is a concept that establishes a limit within which OBC reservation benefits are available.
While there is a 27 percent quota for OBCs in government positions and higher education institutions, those in the “creamy layer” (different categories based on income and parental rank) are not eligible.
The present definition of the creamy layer remains the same, with the exception of the income limit.
Remember to have a look at this link. On this page, you will discover detailed information on the UPSC IAS 2022 Exam Date. Let us now discuss the OBC Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) Certificate Eligibility, Income Limit, and Application Process.
OBC Non Creamy Layer Certificate: Eligibility
Certain eligibility criteria apply to non-creamy layers to ensure that the certificate is awarded to the most qualified and deserving candidate. Here are some criteria used to determine whether a person falls into the OBC non-creamy layer category or not.
- The applicant must be an OBC in addition to being an Indian citizen.
- The applicant’s parents, or one of the applicant’s parents, must be employed by the Central Government in Group C or D.
- Individuals who work under Group B of the Central Government and whose parents do not have a continuous source of income may apply.
- Anyone earning more beyond Rs. 8 lakh comes into the Creamy Layer. However, earning less than Rs. 8 lakh per year places you in the Non-Creamy Layer.
- If the spouse works for the Central Government, his wife is eligible. It should be highlighted that the wife’s parents must not have a consistent source of income.
Who does not qualify for a Non-Creamy Layer Certificate?
- Candidates from castes that do not appear on the Central Government’s list of OBCs.
- People with the IPS, IAS, or IFS designations are not eligible to apply.
- Youngsters may be ineligible if their parents work in Central Government Group B or C or State Government Group 1.
- If the parents’ annual income surpasses Rs. 8 lakh. However, farming income is not taken into account while determining annual income.
Non Creamy Layer (OBC NCL) – Income Limit
- INCOME OF PERSON & FAMILY COMBINED: A person can apply for an OBC certificate only If the family’s annual income is less than Rs. 8 lakh, the family is eligible. If it were more than the specified amount, they would not be awarded the non-creamy category certificate. (Agriculture or farming earnings is not included in this.)
- PARENTS WORKING FOR THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT: If one of the person’s parents is a member of the central government or works in the Group C and Group D categories of the central government, the person is qualified to apply for the non-creamy OBC certificate.
- EMPLOYEE IN CENTRAL GOVERNMENT: If a person is a member of central government or works in the group B category of the central government, that person is qualified to apply for an OBC non-creamy layer certificate. It should be highlighted that it is only legal if the person’s parents do not get any income, such as pensions.
- HUSBAND WORKED FOR THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT: If a woman’s husband is employed by the Central Government, she is able to apply for the certificate as long as her parents do not get any type of income.
How to Apply for Non Creamy Layer Certificate?
The candidate must complete the following steps to apply for the certificate offline:
- To obtain the necessary application form, go to any neighbouring Tehsil office, SDM office, or Revenue office.
- Submit a request for a caste certificate.
- In the event of a move, specify migration from the home state.
- If the father is deceased, obtain a blood relative’s caste certificate.
- Fill out the self-attestation form.
- Attach a passport-sized photograph and send it in for verification.
- As a result, you must wait 30 to 35 days before receiving the caste certificate.
To apply for the certificate online, the applicant must do the following:
- Go to the state’s social welfare website.
- Select “apply for caste certificate.”
- Make an account & complete the online application.
- Submit the required information along with supporting documentation.
- After submitting, you will be given an application number that you may use to track the application’s progress.
- Finally, once the verification has been completed, download the caste certificate from the portal.
What is the Validity of Non Creamy Layer (OBC NCL) – Certificate?
The validity of any non-creamy layer certificate granted during any month of the fiscal year 2016-17 encompassing three preceding fiscal years, namely 2013-14, 2014-15, and 2015-16, be accepted by the appropriate authorities for any appointments or recruitments valid from April 2016 to 2017 March.
The appointing authority would accept a self-attested photocopy of the Non-creamy layer (NCL) certificate, subject to verification of the original Non-creamy layer certificate, as is standard practice for other original documents.
While a candidate’s OBC status changes only when their group is withdrawn from the OBC list, the status of his or her creamy layer can change at any time. As a result, verifying the OBC certificate’s exact validity time is impossible.
However, for most practical reasons, an OBC NCL Certificate’s validity is recognized as one year. Therefore, if your OBC NCL certificate was earned within the last year, it is always preferable to obtain a new OBC NCL before sitting for exams.
The article includes information about the Non-Creamy Layer (OBC NCL) Certificate, including what it is, its history, eligibility, application procedures, and the OBC Non-Creamy Layer Income Limit. The purpose of the OBC (non-creamy layer) reservation is to provide the best-qualified persons to the backward classes. Except for those who do not match the qualifications, the majority of OBC candidates fall within the Non-Creamy Layer OBC. However, many qualified applicants are unaware of how to receive the certificate. So take your time and read this information thoroughly. To apply for a Maharashtra non-creamy layer certificate, go to aaple sarkar’s official website.
FAQ- Non Creamy Layer
Recommendations such as a school leaving certificate, an income certificate, a community certificate, a ration card, proof of address, proof of identity, and so forth. If the applicant is a minor, evidence of parental identification is required.
Other Backward Class (OBC) Certificate is another name for the Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) Certificate. It is one such documentation that may be useful in obtaining benefits for people who are classified as OBC.
You can apply for a caste certificate online by putting “Apply for caste certificate online” on any portal.
Editor’s Note | Non Creamy Layer
In summary, we have included all information about the OBC Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) Certificate Eligibility, Income Limit, and Application Process in the above post. If you have an OBC certificate, you should take advantage of the numerous scholarship programs and healthcare services available to you. As we all know, the UPSC (IAS) exam is the most challenging, but with proper preparation and determination, it is possible to pass it. Furthermore, if you visit the official website, you will learn about the exam details as well as the UPSC calendar for 2022. Finally, we wish you the best of luck in your future examination.