In the first place, the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) it is the Premier commission of the legislature of Rajasthan. For organizing the exams for the recruitment process for various departments of the government. The RPSC is a constitutional body which conducts recruitment exam (RPSC Recruitment) to hire the candidates for different positions. The RPSC RAS (Rajasthan Administrative Services) Exams for filling Group A, B and C vacancies in the state of Rajasthan. You can find more details on the official site and about the exam at RPSC Online. From the exam conduction, the final selection is handled by the RPSC Recruitment team.
Formed – 20 August 1949
Preceding Agencies – State Public Service Commission, Public Service Commission
Jurisdiction – Rajasthan
Headquarters – Googra Ghati
Commission Executive – Deepak Upreti
Website – rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in
- Eligibility Criteria – RPSC Exam
- Pattern – RPSC Exam
- RAS Exam -2020
- Conclusion – RPSC Exam
- FAQ's | RPSC Exam
- Editor's Note | RPSC Exam
Eligibility Criteria – RPSC Exam
Before writing any kind of exam candidates need to check with eligibility criteria. To write RPSC (Rajasthan Public Service Commission) RAS Exam, it includes, three main categories namely:
- To begin with the Age Limit
- Then next is Nationality
- Educational Qualification
- Lastly, the Number of Attempts
All the candidates who wish to write exam need to know to understand the following points:
Then, for the RPSC(Rajasthan Public Service Commission) Exam, the age limit is a minimum age of the candidate is 21 years, and the maximum age is 40 years. For non-gazetted employees, the minimum age is 25 years, and the maximum age is 45 years.
As a rule, the relaxation will be provided for the reserved categories.
|SC/ST/OBC (Rajasthan Domicile)||5 years|
|GEN/EWS (Female Candidates)||5 years|
|A Person with Disability (SC/ST/ Candidates)||15 years|
|SC/ST/OBC (Rajasthan Domicile, Female Candidates)||10 years|
|A Person with Disability (General Category)||10 years|
In addition to the above criteria, all the candidates who are writing the RAS Exam must be a citizen of India. However, candidates belonging to other states can also apply for the RPSC RAS post. It should be known that the priority will be given to those who are basically from Rajasthan during the selection process.
In particular, to write RPSC (Rajasthan Public Service Commission) Exam, you need any graduate degree from:
- To begin with, Candidates should hold an Undergraduate Degree in any particular stream from a Government known university.
- Or holds an equivalent degree which is known by the Rajasthan Government.
- With knowledge of degree, candidates need to have good knowledge of Hindi language and Rajasthan Customs and Culture.
Number of Attempts
Generally, there is no particular number of attempts mentioned from the authority. So, the candidate can apply as many times as possible. But, one should keep in mind about age factor that is maximum age as mentioned above is 35 years.
Important Points – RPSC Exam
- At first place, One must be aware of the culture of Rajasthan. Together with the candidate must have a working knowledge of the Hindi written in Devnagri Script.
- Generally, there can be a post-specific physical fitness requirement.
- Candidates who are in the final year can also apply for the exam, but they need to submit necessary documents before the Main exam.
- Finally, it is said there is no requirement of special training before the selection of the candidate. However, the training will be provided to the selected candidates during the probation period.
Pattern – RPSC Exam
So first understand the complete pattern of the Exam. The complete process is handled, by the RPSC Recruitment team, It includes three stages:
- 1 Preliminary Exam
- 2 Mains
- 3 Finally, the Interview
Preliminary RPSC Exam
The Preliminary Exam tests your General Knowledge and General Science
Marks – 200
Number of Questions – 150
Time – 3 hours
It will be in the form of objective and there will be 1/3rd marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
Main RPSC Exam
The main exam contains 4 papers
Marks – 200 for each paper, a total of 800 marks.
Time – 3 hours each
In addition to the pattern, it is important to have a good understanding of the syllabus as well.
Preliminary Exam – RPSC Exam
The syllabus for pre-exam is as follows:
- It includes general topics such as the geography of India and Rajasthan.
- A candidate needs to know about the topics especially, history, art, culture, and traditions of Rajasthan.
- One should have good knowledge of Science and Technology along with the economy of India and Rajasthan.
- One needs to have a good understanding of Reasoning skills and logical ability skills.
- Any candidate needs to have a very good knowledge of topics such as the Constitution of India, Political knowledge.
- Finally, one should be aware of the current affairs of India and the state.
Main Paper – RPSC Exam
After writing and clearing the Pre-exam. Now, it’s time for you to prepare for the main exam. Generally, the main exam is divided into 4 papers, and it is as follows:
Marks – 200 each so total of 800
Time – 3 hours
The paper is of descriptive type/essay type. It includes short, medium and long answers. Usually, the short answers have marks of 02, Medium answers – 05 marks and then long answers – 10 marks.
|Paper of Main Exam||Questions||Syllabus|
|GS I||Number of Questions total – 48|
Short – 25
Medium – 16
Long – 7
|Paper I includes subjects such as general studies and questions related to history and economy of the country.|
|GS II||Number of Questions total – 39|
Short – 15
Medium – 14 questions
Long – 10
|Similarly, Paper-II includes subjects such as logical ability skills, reasoning skills along with the geography of the state and the country.|
|GS III||Number of Questions – 48|
Short – 25
Medium – 16 questions
Long – 7
|Paper III includes topics such as current affairs and the political system.|
|GS IV||Essay writing||Finally, Paper IV includes topics such as General Hindi and General English language. Candidates are tested on basic vocabulary, grammar, paragraph reading and letter writing skills.|
In brief, for candidates to clear the main exam, it is very important to refer to old question paper and practice regularly. Also, you can visit their official website/RPSC Online for more details.
Interview – RPSC Exam
Lastly, it’s the interview
Marks – 100
Here, a candidate will be tested for his/her attitude, personality skills, and overall personality. It is held by the RPSC Recruitment team. Lastly, all the marks are combined result will be given by the RPSC Recruitment team.
RAS Exam -2020
The details of the RAS Exam will be updated once the commission or the RPSC Recruitment team releases the latest information:
- RAS notification 2020: September/October 2020 (tentative)
- RAS/RTS (Prelims) Exam 2020: October/November 2020 (tentative)
- RAS/RTS (Mains) Exam 2020: January 2021 (tentative)
How to apply for RAS 2020 online/ RPSC Online?
- To write the RAS exam, you need to visit their official website (RPSC Online) and select the Recruitment Portal.
- Later Candidates, can apply for the exam after completing the one-time registration through online (RPSC Online).
- Then, you will be getting the Application id when you pay the fee.
- The fee structure is: General – RS 350, OBC – Rs 250, SC/ST – Rs 50.
- Finally, aspirants can view their application at the official RPSC Online Application Submissions/Edit process with online payment.
Generally, to clear any competitive exam having a proper routine is very essential. So, before anything, the candidates need to understand the complete pattern and the syllabus. Lastly, you make sure about the exam dates and start preparing for the. Then, start studying for the exam and also read previous year question papers.
- Time management: Time once gone will never come back. So, make sure that you make the best use of each day and every minute, make a proper time table, allocate enough time for all the skills equally according to your daily schedule if you are working as well. So, everyone needs to make the best use of available time. Give more time to those subjects which are difficult for you. So, a good time table and a great start are what you need to achieve something.
- Focus: It is very important, especially for exams like this. It is not those kinds of papers where you memorize things. But, it is a type of exam where a person needs to have good knowledge about the subject. The more understanding you have about the subject, it will be more helpful for you to write the exam.
- Mock Exams: Everyone needs to give mock tests regularly. By giving a mock exam, you will understand where you need to improve your skills. So, it will help you improve on important topics. There are many online sites which provide you with a different set of questions. you can find it even on the official site RPSC Online.
- Self-Confidence: It is one of the most important things one must-have. Initially, it may seem difficult, but it doesn’t mean you can’t do it. You can make your dreams come true. Always have a positive outlook on the things you do and work hard. Don’t lose your confidence easily, always remember why you started it and keep trying.
- Take care of your health: Lastly, It is not only important but very essential too. To study every day, you need strength. So, eat good food, sleep enough and meditation is highly recommended.
Conclusion – RPSC Exam
Finally, believing in a self which is the most important thing, self-confidence which every one needs the most. Always be confident and work hard because your dream is unique. Not everyone will dream of becoming a Government official if you do so make sure that you put all the efforts which are required and success will be yours. So, make the best use of time which is available for you and study smart. For a few days, try to avoid being on social media if you use your phone a lot.
Take a Break!
Don’t take a lot of stress, when exams will be nearing, just study well, and revise. Spend at least 6 to 7 hours on studying the subjects, it is also important, for you to take a break in between which refreshes your mind. Go for a small walk, watch small videos, talk with your family members, joke around. These things seem to be silly but they will keep your mind, active and it will also make your mind active, so it will help you to concentrate more. As mentioned before, keep yourself healthy and fit, so you won’t be ill at exam time. Regularly drinking enough water and 7 – 8 hours of sleep is important. So, along with your preparation, keep these points in your mind, which will make your study easier.
Take a Note!
To summarize, It is very easy, to dream, all of us have enough dreams to be filled. But, of course, dreaming is very easy. It takes lots of hard work and effort to make all the dreams come true. Make sure that you are one among those who will say in future I wish I had worked a little harder. All the very best and do well.
FAQ’s | RPSC Exam
It’s not tough but at the same time, it needs a lot of time, to prepare. You need to study regularly and you must study very hard, it’s all about how you prepare and practice. Doing things right it’s easy.
At the first place, before preparing for the exam, at first, place, make sure that you have a complete understanding of the exam pattern and the syllabus. Later, make a proper time table and allocate time to each of the subjects. Finally, It is important, to have proper revisions and you can easily clear the exam.
Usually, there is no such specific number of attempts. Generally, you can take as many attempts you can but you should keep age factor in your mind. Later, you can start preparing for the exam.
Editor’s Note | RPSC Exam
In brief, the above article is having complete details about RPSC RAS Exam. It contains topics such as exam pattern, syllabus, and eligibility criteria. If you are one of the aspirants, it is the article one must-read. Lastly, it has some tips to be followed to crack the exam.