We have added the book details for Ethics, Sociology, Geography, etc. Further, this article has covered information on the UPSC exam’s Environment / environmental studies Book. To cover the complete syllabus of the IAS exam, studying from the best books plays a major role. So, read the complete article below and understand the best book for environment and ecology for the UPSC exam. Along with this, you will also find some other subject-related information. Let’s begin.
UPSC Exam Highlights
Before getting into the main topic of the article, that is the Environment Book for UPSC. First, let us look at the UPSC exam. IAS exam is conducted every year by the UPSC authority. Further, we have seen many students applying for the exam. This particular exam requires a high-level commitment and dedication. Surely, not everyone has the ability to clear the IAS exam. However, we have seen examples who have successfully achieved their goal of becoming an IAS officer. But, then, the IAS paper syllabus has the longest syllabus, and it is required to cover everything.
In the IAS exam, we have three main stages; are preliminary exam, the main exam, and the Interview round. One needs to clear all the stages of the exam. There are two papers in the preliminary exam, and in the main exam, there are nine papers. One who clears the main exam is allowed to give an interview round. As we have mentioned already, this exam will check your knowledge of the subject and your dedication towards your goals. Further, you have the option of going for the coaching classes. There are many coaching classes present in various cities. Therefore, we have also covered the information of the IAS coaching classes, and you can go through the details and choose one according to your requirement.
But, as we know about the current situation, many coaching classes help you by providing online classes. By doing this, you will be able to save money and time. Again it is the choice of aspirants. However, coaching or no coaching working hard remains the same. Then we have seen examples of IAS officers who have cleared the exam without coaching and in the first attempt.
Syllabus of Environment and Ecology
The format of the IAS exam has changed since 2011. Further, there is a significant weightage given to the Environment and biodiversity paper in the new format. Then, questions are directly asked based on the different topics. Therefore, one can look into the previous year’s question papers to know the topics.
Now let us take a look at the syllabus. First, a Basic understanding of the syllabus requires.
- Categories of Environment
- Features of Environment
- Components of Environment
Environment Book for UPSC – BIODIVERSITY
- Types of Biodiversity
- Extinction of Species
- Types – Natural, Mass, Anthropogenic
- Consequences of Extinction of Species
Ecosystem and it’s Dynamics
- Ecosystem Definitions
- Properties of Ecosystem
- Components of Ecosystem
- Abiotic Factors
- Biotic Factors
- Ecosystem Dynamics
Environment Book for UPSC – BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION
- Conservation Strategies
- Conservation Tools
- IUCN Red List
- Ex-situ Methods of Conservation of Biodiversity
So, above are a few topics that come under the subject syllabus, but it suggested going through the exam’s complete syllabus.
Environmental Studies Books
Further, when you know the subject syllabus, look below for the details of environmental studies books.
- Environmental Ecology Biodiversity & Climate Change – Pratiyogita Darpan
- Textbook of Environmental Studies for Undergraduate Courses written by Erach Bharucha
- Environment and Ecology – Arihant
- Objective Environmental Sciences – B. B. Singh
- NCERT Biology Book for Class 12- The last 4 chapters.
- Ecology and Environment – P. D. Sharma
- Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure – R. Rajagopalan
- Science reporter magazines
- Environmental Studies – Benny Joseph
- Environment and Ecology by P.D. Sharma
- Environment and Ecology – Biodiversity, Climate Change and Disaster Management – Majid Husain
- Yojana and Kurukshetra Magazines
So, above are the environment Book for UPSC that is essential for this subject. We understand one can’t refer to all books. So, you can refer to those books that fulfill your requirements.
Exam Strategy for Environment and Biodiversity
After understanding the complete syllabus and the Environment Book for UPSC details, below, we have added some tips for this subject. Every one of us plans our own strategy for the exam. So, the below tips will help you with the exam preparations.
- In the first place, understand the question paper of the Environment and biodiversity paper. It will help you understand the question format and the latest topics of the subject.
- One must have a schedule for all the subjects. So, make a proper timetable, give time for all subjects, and give time for revision.
- You can go through the reading materials, and it will help you to gain knowledge. One needs to refer to the previous year’s question paper. So, try to solve 10 – 15 years’ questions for the best results.
- Try to give mock tests, and it will help you to improve your skills and understand your areas of improvement. Also, revision is equally important; just studying will not help you. When you complete a certain portion, try to revise and give mock tests.
- Further, practice answer writing. As the time is limited, it will help you in the exam, so try to write the answer which includes important points with the limited words. Then,Then try to read the newspaper daily, it can help you increase your knowledge of current affairs.
- Try to study form the best books available in the store. To score well, good books are equally essential. Then, we wish you good luck with the exams. Last but not the least take care of your health. To write the exam, one must be fit.
Conclusion – Environment Book for UPSC
To conclude, know the information of the environment and ecology book for the UPSC exam in the above article. It can be an exam; studying from the best books for the exam is essential, instead of wasting time reading from the other books. You can read from the above books. As the syllabus of the exam is vast, one must make sure that they will be able to cover the complete syllabus of the exam. So, before applying for the exam, one must have a glance at the exam syllabus. In main as there nine papers, each subject needs good preparation for the exam. This article will provide you with the best book for environment and ecology for the UPSC exam.
Note – If you are interested to know more about the UPSC and the IAS exam details, you can visit the official website.
Now, understanding all the details of the subject, one may get confused and panic about the IAS exam preparations. But, it is normal to get panic. Instead, you can calm yourself and start preparing for the exam. Further, to help you with the exam preparations, we have added all the essential information for the IAS exam. You will get the exam pattern, syllabus, books, tips, and other essential details. Exam Preparation Details. Good luck with the exams, do well.
FAQs – Environment Book for UPSC
Lastly, we will look into the FAQs for a better understanding of the environmental studies books.
How can I complete my environment in UPSC?
Referring to the best books will help you in many ways. So, understand the subject syllabus and start preparing for the exam.
There are many books available, and a few of them we have mentioned above in the article. You can refer to those books according to your requirements.
Yes, NCERT books are highly recommended for the IAS exam preparation as they help you get good knowledge for the exam.
In the first place, know the syllabus and have a habit of reading newspapers daily. Then, know which are the best books for each subject and look at the previous year’s question paper for the details. Finally, make a proper timetable and start working hard for the exam.
Editor’s Note | Environment Book for UPSC
In summary, get the complete information of the environment and ecology book for the UPSC exam. This article will help you with the book’s details if you are preparing for the IAS exam. To cover such a syllabus, good books are essential. We also know that you cannot refer to all the books; sometimes, some topics are good only in some books. Therefore, in that case, you can note the points and read them while preparing for the exam. Along with adding the details of the environmental studies books, we have also added some tips for the exam.
If you are confused with Environment Book for UPSC, this article solves your confusion. Your dedication and hard work are important for this exam. The journey of becoming an IAS officer is not an easy task. Many quit in the middle, and some quit their jobs to prepare for the exam. So, the choice is yours. To make your dream count give all your commitment and dedication. We wish you good luck with the exams, whenever you feel like quitting remember your goals and keep going. Make your dream count by working hard.