Books play a major role in any exam. Getting the correct information is essential for the exam to get the best results in the exam. Further, concerning the IAS exam, one must study from the best books, and one cannot waste their time reading books that won’t help you get the proper knowledge for the exam. Therefore, this article added information on the Science and Technology Book for UPSC. Know which is the best book for general science for the UPSC exam. Along with that try to make a note of the books and try to study from them.
As we talk about the IAS exam, briefly understand its process. In India, it is believed to be one of the toughest exams. Do you know why? Many of you are already know the syllabus of the exam. It has the longest syllabus, and to become an IAs officer, you have to cover the complete syllabus. Further, one must qualify by giving the preliminary exam, and it is the first stage of the exam. Additionally, there will be the main exam, and the last round is the interview round. The preliminary exam is objective, and the main exam is descriptive. You will find nine papers in the main exam. Further, one can join classes. There are various coaching classes present in different cities. Know More. Then, one can visit the official website for more information. Click Here.
What and How to books for UPSC?
It is probably a popular question, and many are looking for the answer. Therefore, let us understand what and how to read books for the exam. Try to study from limited sources to avoid confusion, so understand the best books for all the subjects. So, try to select a unit from the syllabus and which is the best book as per the unit’s content. One must invest their time in understanding the standard books as per the subjects. Further, if you are going for the coaching classes, you will be provided with the study materials.
Further, while covering the complete syllabus, one needs to know important topics and focus on them. Besides, to further move through the previous year’s question papers, you will understand the question patterns and trending topics. Then, try to read logically and link all points to construct the proper answer. It is also essential for one to maintain a book that includes essential issues of each topic. NCERT books are a main part of the IAS exam preparations. Therefore, know which are the best NCERT books for all subjects. Then, NCERT books are easy to understand, and they cover most of the concepts.
Science and Technology Syllabus
Before understanding which are the best books. Let us take a look at the syllabus
- Biology – Human Organ Systems
- Integumentary system
- Digestive system
- Respiratory system
- Circulatory system
- Nervous system
- Muscular system
- Skeletal system
- Biology – Human Organ Systems (contd.)
- Endocrine system
- Reproductive system
- Food and Nutrition
- Important Terms
- Hunger and Malnutrition
- FSSAI Act 2006
- Occupational Lifestyle Diseases
- Definition and explanation
- Transgenic and Cisgenic Organisms
- Bt Brinjal
- Bt Cotton
- Genetic Pollution
- Concerns about GM food
- Definition and basic information
- Approaches to Nano Tech
- Applications of Nanotechnology
- Space Technology
- Space Research
- Types of Orbits
- Geostationary v/s Geosynchronous
- Types of Satellites
- Challenges in building a Cryogenic engine
- Types of Modulation
- Need for Modulation
- Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Important Terms
- Types of EM Spectrum
- Different generations in Wireless Telephony
- 3G v/s 4G
- Telecom Policies in India
Best book for Science and Technology for UPSC
Below we have added details of the best book for general science for the UPSC exam.
- Science & Technology For Civil Services Exams – Ravi P Agrahari
- Science and Technology in India – Kalpana Rajaram – Spectrum
- General Science For Civil Services Preliminary Examinations – S.A.Majid
- 1000+ Questions on General Science – TMH
- Science and Technology – Neeraj Nachiketa
- NCERT books for standards IX, X, XI, XII
Further, get details of them which are the best books for the various topics of the IAS exam. Click Here.
Exam Preparations Tips
Following up on some exam strategies is essential for getting the best results in the exam. Therefore, below we have added some examination tips.
- In the first place, one must know the complete exam pattern and syllabus. For this, one can refer to the previous year’s question paper, and one must solve papers; it will definitely help you in various ways.
- Further, studying from the best books is equally important for any exam to get the proper information regarding various subjects. So, know which are the best books and try to study from them.
- Later, giving mock tests is also important as it will help you to understand your skills and how you can improve your skills. There are many platforms that offer mock tests and test series.
- Revision is the essential thing in any exam, and it helps one to remember things properly. So, whenever you complete a certain portion of the concept before starting the new concept, it is vital for one to revise the old topics.
- Time management is the essential thing, and one must make a proper timetable and allot equal time to all the subjects of the IAS exam. Make sure that you give time to revision, mock tests, and solving question papers.
- Answer writing is equally important for the exam. If you just read concepts, it won’t help you in any way. Therefore, with answer writing practice, you can improve your writing speed as your answer must have limited words and relevant information.
- Further, essay writing practice refers to the previous year’s question papers and knowing which are the trending topics. Then, try to collect information on the various topics and practice.
- Lastly, current affairs are essential so, try to read newspapers daily and maintain a book for the same.
Some of the important NCERT books for the IAS exam. Besides, as we all know NCERT books are the best books for the IAS exam, we have added some NCERT books for the UPSC exam.
- History: NCERT Class VII – Our Past -I
- History: NCERT Class VIII – Our Past II and III
- Indian Society: NCERT Class XI – Sociology: Understanding Society
- Indian Society: NCERT Class XII – Indian Society
- Polity: NCERT Class X – Political Science – Democratic Politics Part – II
- Polity: NCERT Class XI – Political Science – Indian Constitution at Work
- History: NCERT Class IX – India and the Contemporary World – I
- Lastly, History: NCERT Class IX – India and the Contemporary World – II
Conclusion – Science and Technology Book for UPSC
In brief, the article helps you by providing complete information on the Science and Technology Book for the UPSC exam. Further, in the above article, you will find details on how and what to read in the books. Besides, we also have essential IAS exam tips that will help you get the best exam results. As we all know, the difficulty level of the IAS exam is essential for one to cover the entire syllabus and work hard. Clearing the UPSC exam is not an easy task; one must put in special efforts. Besides, this exam will check your subject knowledge and your dedication towards your goals. Further, you will also find information on the IAS exam. It is also essential for one to go through the official site, to know about the exam date, eligibility, and all the other details.
FAQs – Science and Technology Book for UPSC
Lastly, we have added a few FAQs on the topic.
No, one cannot skip studying from the NCERT books. These books are easily understood and cover the entire syllabus.
The syllabus General Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology. Technology: IT, Biotechnology, Space Technology, Defence Technology, Nano-Technology, Robotics
One must be aware of the exam syllabus and the exam patterns. Then, later, know which are the best books for all subjects.
It is not necessary. However, it depends on one person to another. Further, if one is confident and can cover the syllabus, you can go for self-study or if you want to improve your skills, go for coaching classes.
Editor’s Note | Science and Technology Book for UPSC
In brief, you will go through the details of the best book for general science for UPSC in the above article. Further, studying from the standard books is vital for the IAS exam. Therefore, we have added all the information and some examination tips, and IAS exam details. One must understand which are the best books for each subject in the UPSC exam. As one cannot waste their time in reading such books, that will not help you in providing the required knowledge. Once you have understood the exam syllabus, try to know which is the best book for all subjects. Later, one must also maintain a book that includes all the essential points that you can read during the exam. Besides, you will find the necessary links which will help you to know the general science book for the UPSC exam.