To begin with, books are an essential part of any exam. Further, to get proper knowledge of the subject, one needs to study from the standard books. Therefore, in the article, we added information related to the General Studies Books and general studies books for the IAS/ UPSC exam. It will help you provide all information on the GS book for the UPSC IAS exam, and you can score well in the exams. Further, don’t forget to make note of all the essential book details and try to study from them.
In the first place, to cover the IAS exam syllabus, referring to the best books is a vital component. One cannot waste their time studying from the books that will not help you get the proper knowledge. When you understand the syllabus, it also becomes essential to know which GS books are for the UPSC IAS exam for all subjects. Therefore, knowledge about the general studies books for the IAS exam and all the other related details. Further, some students join the classes for the IAS exam preparations. However, it depends on one person to another. Moreover, for this exam, your hard work is more important. Also, it will not only check your subject understanding but your hard work towards your goals.
Further, if you are reading this article, you are an IAS aspirant and looking for the details on the UPSC general studies books. Besides, if you already know the IAS exam procedure, you will find three main stages. Preliminary exam, the main exam, and interview. Once you clear prelims, one can write the main exam. Questions asked in the prelims are objective type and in the main exam, questions are descriptive type. Therefore, to write answers in the main exam, it is vital for one to have proper knowledge of the subject. It will be easy for you to write the answer if you have proper information on the various topics. It will be easy for one to write the answer. Later, a good book will give all such information for the IAS exam. Further, get details of the UPSC and IAS exam by visiting the official website.
Importance of studying from the best books
Further, books are a vital part of the UPSC exam preparations. To cover the complete syllabus of the IAS exam, there need for a lot of time and energy. Therefore, one cannot waste their time in reading such books that will not help you in getting a proper knowledge for the topic. So, if you understand which are the best books for each subject for the prelims and for the main exam it will make your work easy. Further, there are many books present for the IAS, but one should analyze which are those books that will help you get proper information for the exam.
UPSC General Studies Books
Now below we have added all the necessary details on the GS book for the IAS exam / general studies books for IAS exam. Further, it is not possible to study from all books, therefore, understand which are the best according to the subject and try to study from them.
- General Studies Paper 1 Manual by Pearson
- General Studies Paper 1 Manual by McGraw Hill
- and General Studies Paper 1 Manual by Arihant
- General Studies Paper 2 Manual by Pearson
- Lastly, General Studies Paper 2 Manual by Arihant
- Cracking the CSAT – Jatin Kinger
- Analytical Reasoning – M. K. Pandey
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – R. S.Aggarwal
- Indian Economic Development XI Standard NCERT
- and Indian Economy Key Concepts – Shankarganesh
- The Hindu or Indian Express Newspaper
- Indian Economy by Sanjiv Verma
- Lastly, Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh
- Introduction to the Constitution of India by D. D. Basu
- and Indian Polity for Civil Services Exam written by M. Laxmikanth.
Ecology & Environment
- Certificate Physical & Human Geography by Goh Cheng Leong
- XII Standard NCERT Book on Biology
- India Year Book
- Chapter on Climate Change from Economic Survey
- The Hindu or Indian Express Newspaper
- Oxford School Atlas – Oxford.
- Geography of India – Majid Husain.
- World Geography – Majid Husain
- Physical Geography – Savindra Singh
- Human Geography – Majid Husain
India Since Independence
Continued – General Studies Books
- Social Problems In India – Ram Ahuja.
- Social Change in Modern India – M N Srinivas
- Indian Society – Senthil
- Challenges to Internal Security of India – Ashok Kumar.
- India’s Internal Security – Rajkumar.
- India’s National Security: A Reader – Bajpai.
Foreign Relations of India
Economic Status and Development of India
- Indian Economic Development – NCERT Class XI
- Indian Economy Part A & B – Chanakya Publications Pvt Ltd
- Introductory Macroeconomics – NCERT Class XII
Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude – Niraj Kumar.
- Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude – M. Karthikeyan
Previous Year Question Papers
- IAS General Studies Main Solved Papers – New Vishal
- IAS Mains General Studies Solved Papers – Heed
- and IAS Mains Chapterwise Solved Papers General Studies – Arihant
Books for Interview
Note – Click Here to know which are the best books in detail for all the IAS exam subjects and get some suggestions for the UPSC. Besides, you will find all the necessary details of the IAS exam and your work will become easier.
It becomes essential for one to know about the exam syllabus and the pattern of the exam. So, one can refer to the previous year’s question papers, as it will give you an idea of trending topics, marks, and paper patterns. Besides, giving mock tests will help you in various ways, and it will provide you with the feel of the final paper. Later, one must revise all the topics regularly, and it will help you to remember things well. One must also answer practice for the main paper, it will help you to know your answer writing speed, time limit, etc. Further, one must have a habit of reading newspapers daily, as it is also one of the important factors for the exam.
To clear the exam, one must follow some good tips as they will help you to score well in the exam. A proper plan is essential for exams like IAS. One must make proper use of time and energy.
Click Here for more information on the study materials for the IAS exam. Then, try to write down important points while reading any topic. It will help you during the exam and remember things well.
Conclusion – General Studies Books
In summary, this article will give all information related to the GS book for the IAS UPSC exam. Later, to cover the entire syllabus of the IAS exam, it becomes vital for one to read from the standard books for the UPSC. Now, books are available online as well, and for some books, a soft copy is also available. Besides, many platforms offer you short notes, current affairs details, previous year question papers, mock tests, etc. Later, the IAS exam requires special effort and hard work. Therefore, it is only possible to clear the exam with the right plan and direction. It won’t be easy at the start, but you will understand how to prepare for the exam once you know the strategy.
FAQs – General Studies Books
Lastly, we have added some FAQs on the above topic.
To begin with, understand the exam syllabus, refer to the previous year’s question papers. Further, it is essential to answer practice, and revise regularly.
The age limit to write the IAS exam is
There are a total number of six attempts. Further, there are more number attempts according to various category
There are many books present for the IAS exam preparations. Further, above we have added details of the GS book for the UPSC exam. Besides, studying from the NCERT books they are easy to understand and covers all essential topics for the exam.
Editor’s Note | General Studies Books
In brief, the above article will assist you on the General Studies Books or GS book for UPSC/general studies books for the IAS exam. If you are an IAS aspirant you might be aware of the exam syllabus and that pattern of the paper. Besides, it is one of the toughest exams because it’s syllabus, to cover the complete syllabus one must study from the standard books of the IAS exam. Therefore, while reading the article, make sure that you have noted down book detaiTherefore, understand and the exam syllabus properly and prepare well for the exam. Besides, make sure you revise topics well. Also try to read from the above books mentioned for the UPSC.