Union Public Service Commission aka UPSC has a hell of a tough syllabus. And every UPSC aspirants are well aware of it. Hence, for precise preparation, it needs good resources. Otherwise not only students will lose track but also get confusion. Not to mention current affairs are a huge part of the exam. In this article, you will know about one of the main sources which is Kurukshetra. You can also check out Kurukshetra Magazine PDF in Hindi, subscriptions, and archives too. Let’s check out what is next.
UPSC Exam Syllabus
Although the preparation is tough. But at first we need to understand the entire syllabus. That’s why we have listed that for you here. However, this exam conducts in three parts- Prelims, Mains, and Interview round.
Firstly, the Prelims of UPSC has two papers- General Studies and CSAT. Both papers contain 200 marks each. Secondly, don’t take this step lightly. Most of the students tend to make this silly mistake. But you have to remember that only after passing Prelims you can go further. Now, look at GS and CSAT syllabuses.
- General Studies: National and international important current affairs. Indian History, Polity, and Geography. Social and Economic Progress. Environmental Ecology and Biodiversity. It also includes General Science. However, you will see later that there are some same topics in Mains. They are like Current affairs too. That’s why Kurkshetra archives are an essential part of the exam materials.
- CSAT: As for CSAT, it has comprehension and basic numeracy. There are logical reasoning and communication skills. Decision-making, general mental ability. Analytical ability is also included in this part.
Well, the UPSC Mains has nine papers but two of them are qualifying papers. Apart from the qualifying papers (300 marks each), others have 250 marks each. Hence total marks of the UPSC Mains exam are 1750. It is a subjective type exam. So, there will be a lot of opportunities to score. Only after passing this step, candidates can appear in the final round. Now, look at what you have to read for The Mains. You can Kurukshetra Magazine PDF in Hindi and have the subscription. Because the Mains have current affairs too.
- Essay, Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude.
- Economy, Biodiversity, Technology, and disaster management.
- Indian History and culture along with World Geography.
- Politics, International relations, Constitution, and Social Justice.
- However, you can choose any two topics for optional papers from the list. This list is provided by the UPSC.
It the final test of UPSC aspirants. A board of unbiased observers will take the test. The motive is to choose the most suitable candidates. After all, it is such a crucial post to hold. But it does not have any particular syllabus. So, candidates have to be prepared from every aspect. The questions can come from anywhere. Also, for a reminder, keep yourself updated with your resume and current affairs. Because the board tends to ask questions from them. There will be some intelligence testing questions too. Of course, it’s a test for your mental and decision-making ability. After all the candidates are future UPSC cadres. This step has 275 marks.
You can see this from the previously written syllabus. That currents affairs are vital for the exam. Hence, magazines like Kurukshertra play an important role here. Aspirants can have Kurukshetra Magazine subscription in Hindi PDF also.
Check Out: UPSC Book Hindi Medium – Best IAS Syllabus Book List PDF
What is Kurukshetra Magazine?
For newbies, it is a monthly magazine published by Govt. of India. You can learn about many issues from a neutral point of view. And that’s why Kurukshetra archives are crucial to the students. If you are still wondering about its importance then read further to know more.
Importance of Kurukshetra
- Not only neutral point of view but it also gives data analysis.
- You can go through multi-perspective in one place. Thus it becomes helpful for essay writing.
- This magazine covers a large part of the GS papers syllabus. Therefore candidates can find recent affairs here. These affairs include govt. schemes, initiatives, and policies too. Kurukshetra archives are very helpful in this matter.
- The information is authentic and ready to study. The data is provided by the Indian Govt. So, it is certainly accurate. Not to mention it has a great impact on the UPSC exam.
- It is a monthly magazine. Therefore there will be 12 magazines. And they are enough to cover 25% of topics from the syllabus. So, candidates can save a lot of time. Meantime they can prepare other GS syllabus.
How to Read It?
- At first, finish NCERTs and other study materials. Then start reading these magazines. Obviously, read it the way you can memorize it. You can divide it into a summary and short articles. Or you can read word by word.
- If you are a newbie, then read at least 5-6 magazines thoroughly. After that, you will know important parts easily. Then you won’t have to read the whole magazine again.
- Science optional can read the lead article and summary. It will be beneficial as well as time-saving.
- Try to read Govt. schemes briefly unless you are following them from the PIB. If you are, then you don’t have to invest much interest.
- It will be more helpful if you can summarize the gist of the last 2-3 years of magazine content. Because that way you don’t have to search when you need them.
- Lastly, keep revising them until it is exam ready.
- You can download Magazine PDF or buy it online. Aspirants can also have the Magazine subscription with the PDF. Even if you are from the Hindi medium then don’t worry. Kurukshetra Magazine in Hindi will help in that case. However, there are many methods for an online & offline subscription. Because different sites provide different methods. You have to provide an amount for a certain time span for the subscription. This amount is settled by the sites. So, it may vary.
Other Magazines like Kurukshetra
Not only Kurukshetra archives but there are some other sources also. And they are as good as it. Let’s have a check-up on them after finishing the NCERTs.
- Yojana Magazine: It is also one of the best monthly magazines for the UPSC current affairs. It contains topics on socio-economic issues. The I&B ministry of the Indian Govt. is responsible for publishing this magazine. Therefore it always can give a balanced opinion. And it is one of the vital points to remember for the civil service exam. Especially, when you are appearing in the Mains and Interview. This magazine also has topics like Agriculture, Federalism, budget, etc. Nevertheless, Yojana is available in 13 languages. So, you won’t face difficulties while reading. You can choose your preferred language.
- Economic and Political Weekly: It’s a social science journal and the contents are quite technical. Although it is a social science journal, still it covers some other topics too. There are history, Sociology, and Environmental Science. After finishing the NCERTs. You can check them out thoroughly.
- Pratiyogita Darpan: Well this one is for both current affairs and GK. The best perk of this magazine is it broadly covers the UPSC syllabus. But unlike Yojana Magazine, it is only available in English and Hindi. Apart from UPSC, Pratiyogita Darpan is useful to other competitive exams too. This magazine covers History, Geography, Politics, economy, etc. needless to say current affairs and are Indian Constitution are also included here too.
Finally, these are the best three magazines other than this one. As for Yojana, you can have a subscription-like Kurukshetrasubscription. However, these magazines will strengthen your knowledge while preparation. And as we know how vital the current affairs are, we need these archives for improvement.
Frequently Asked Questions on Kurukshetra
These questions are frequently asked by students regarding Kurukshetra Magazine PDF in Hindi or archives or, subscription. And here we have tried to answer most of them so it may become easy for you to get the point. Now have a look.
Also Read: Yojana Magazine PDF Gist 2020 – Monthly Magazine Download
Well, it is a current affairs based magazine published by Govt. of India. The data is authentic and unbiased because Indian Govt. is responsible for them.
As we know current affairs are a huge part of the UPSC syllabus. Besides Yojana and EPW, it is the most reliable resource for it. The information is neutral and also analyzed. Aspirants can get a different perspective on a single topic too.
Well, you can buy this magazine online. You can also download Kurukshetra Magazine PDF in Hindi or do the subscription. in case you are from Hindi Medium.
Well, both of the magazines have their own perks. So, it will be good if you can read both Yojana and Kurukshetra. You can also check out Pratiyogita Darpan and Economic Political Weekly.
Editor’s Note | Kurukshetra Magazine
Ultimately, you have got all you need for the Kurukshetra Magazines and archives. However, although current affairs are important. But don’t slack off other topics. Because the success of the UPSC depends on the whole preparation, not on only one topic. So, try to study everything as solid as possible. Best of luck in the future!