As the IAS exam is one of the toughest exams present in India, preparation for the exam requires all efforts. For any exam preparation studying from the best boos is equally important. We have mentioned details of the best books for various subjects, in our previous articles. Further, in this article, we will understand Nitin Singhania’s book pdf for the Art and Culture subject of the UPSC exam. Read the complete article and know some interesting facts.
About Nitin Singhania
Nitin Singhania is an IAS officer from batch 2013 in West Bengal Cadre. Currently posted as Joint Secretary, Chief Minister’s office, the government of West Bengal. Further, he also worked as Assistant Secretary in the Ministry of Home Affairs, Gol, and as Assistant Collector in Bardhaman. Nitin Singhania completed his graduate and postgraduate in Economics and Finance background from Presidency College, Kolkata. Then, he was also a Chartered Accountant and Company Secretary.
He had cleared the UPSC exam with Economy as an optional subject. Further, he is popularly known for his book Indian Art and Culture, which is the book published by McGraw Hill. He is the new buzz for all UPSC aspirants. The book has an innovative approach to learn and understand the subjects for the IAS exam.
Nitin Singhania Art and Culture Book PDF
Talking about the book written by Nitin Singhania, the Indian Art and Culture will help you learn about India’s rich and culture. You will find sculptures, paintings, sketches, drawings, furniture, architecture, and textile d in the book designs. Therefore, it will help you to understand all concepts and help in the exam preparations. Therefore, it is the right book that will help students understand Indian Art and Culture, and it also helps you for other competitive exams along with the UPSC exam.
Further, Indian Art and Culture for the UPSC exam is a vast syllabus, and it touches all aspects of the life of India. It includes religious beliefs, philosophy, and much more. Nitin Singhania writes the book, social customs, literature, languages, and it has a great collection of illustrations. Besides, this book introduces the reader to various aspects of Indian Culture. It covers topics on Hinduism and its philosophical roots, folk and tribal art, the Islamic influence in India, Buddhist arts, and modern Indian art.
It is suggested that one study from this book cover all the essential topics of Indian Art and Culture. It will also help you with the other competitive examination. This book is user-friendly, and it will help you to understand concepts easily. As a whole, this book will surely help you with exam preparations.
Name of the Book: Indian Art and Culture
Publication: McGraw Hill
Author: Nitin Singhania
Edition: 2nd and 3rd
No. Of Pages: 584
Book Highlights – Nitin Singhania
Now we will give some important topics covered in the book. These are the important points that are mentioned by the author Nitin Singhania.
- The book has all the essential details of Indian Culture and Art. You will find details like Indian sculptures, art, temple, painting etc.
- Further, in the second edition you will find topics like Coins in Ancient and Medieval India, Indian Culture Abroad, Recent Geographical Indications in India.
- Extensive list of Buddhist and Jain pilgrimage sites, and edicts, ancient universities, list of Sun temples.
- In the second edition the author has covered all topics that will help you with the exam preparations. Some of the other topics like fire temples, list of other important temples in India and abroad. Then, details on the 12 jyotirlingas, Shershah’s contribution to medieval architecture, etc. So, as a whole this book has covered all such details that is essential for the exam and it is easy to understand.
Continued – Nitin Singhania Book Details
- Buddhism and Jainism, , Information on the Indian Cinema, South Indian Cinema and festivals related to the Jainsim, Buddhism and Zoroastrianism and list of fairs that are hels in India.
- Then, various avatars of Vishnu and a brief note on Islam. Indian Literature: Zoroastrian literature, Buddhist literature, Jain literature, Sikh literature.
- Lastly, Indian Theatre Forms like Characters in ancient Sanskrit plays, extended list of folk theatres, Modern Indian theatre.
The IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC every year. Further, we have seen many students applying for the exam and put all their hard work into clearing the exam. Suppose you are already aware that the IAS exam comes with the longest syllabus and requires special effort to clear the There are three stages in the UPSC exam. There are the preliminary exam, the main exam, and the interview. After clearing one stage you can go to the next stage. To get shortlisted, one needs to clear all the stages of the exam. Then, it is one of the toughest and one of respected jobs in India. Many leave their jobs to prepare for the exam. On the other hand, there are a few who quit in between and get back to work. So, it completely depends on the person and hard work.
Note – If you are interested to know about the IAS exam and its history, you can visit the Wikipedia page here.
When it comes to exams, there are many things to be taken care of. Hence, to help you with the same, we have added all the information such as the exam syllabus, pattern, and books. We believe reading the success stories of the IAS officers will motivate IAS aspirants to study more. Get all the details here.
- It can be any exam, understand the exam syllabus and the pattern. Further, refer to the previous year question papers, it will help you with the understanding of the question pattern, marks, and the latest topics.
- Know which are the best books for the preparation and try to study from them. Then, try to make your notes and study it during the exam time. Make a proper time table and give time for all the subjects, including revision.
- Give time for the revision, it will help you to remember things well. One must revise regularly. Besides, try to give mock tests it will give you the feel of the final year paper.
- To cover the current affiars, try to read newspapers daily. One must be aware of the latest news happening in the country. Also get the latest details of the exam like exam dates, results, admit card and other details.
Conclusion – Nitin Singhania
In summary, in the above article, you will find the complete information of Nitin Singhania art and culture book pdf. We all know that the syllabus of the UPSC is vast, and one must cover everything. In IAS exam preparations, books play a major, Therefore, title. Therefore, it becomes important for everyone to study from the best books from the store. The preliminary questions are objective types, and in the main exam, questions are descriptive types. So, considering the main exam, studying from the best books is essential.
Therefore, you will find all the necessary information of Art and Culture subject book detail written by Nitin Singhania. Further, many books are present, but one must understand which are the best books for all the subjects. One cannot waste time reading books which will not give you correct knowledge. So, make sure that along with understanding the syllabus and the exam pattern, one must also understand the best books for the exam preparations. Try to use the tips mentioned above. IAS exam will not only check your subject knowledge but your dedication towards your goals. We wish best wishes for the exam. Prepare well and work hard.
FAQs – Nitin Singhania Book PDF
Check out the below FAQs for more details.
Yes, Nitin Singhania is an IAS officer.
NCERT books are recommended for the IAS exam preparation. As it covers the syllabus and it is easy to understand the concepts. So, if you are preparing for the UPSC, make sure that you will study from the NCERT books and the other books.
A few go for the self-study option and a few for the coaching classes when it comes to exam preparations. So, if you are confident with your skills and can cover the complete syllabus on your own, you can use it for self-study. However, in both methods, one must work hard to get the best results.
Editor’s Note | Nitin Singhania
In the article above, you will get the information of the Nitin Singhania book pdf. To get the best results in the exam, one must study from the best books. Further, in the article, you will get the details like book highlights, author details. It is one of the best books for the UPSC exam preparations. It will give you all the details that will help you with the exam preparations. One cannot waste available time in reading the wrong books for the exam preparations. So, along with understanding the exam syllabus and the pattern. Then, prepare the time-table and start preparing yourself for the exam. To make your dream count work hard towards your dreams. Good Luck with your exams.