In this article, we will be discussing Public Administration Books for UPSC. If you are reading this article, you want to know which books are for this subject. Further, you will find the complete details of the Public Administration Optional Books for UPSC PDF. So, read the complete article and know about the best book for public administration, and don’t forget to make important points while reading the article.
In the first place, we will talk about the IAS exam by UPSC. IAS exam is one of the toughest exams in India, and also it has the longest syllabus. Further, it is also the most respectful job in India. We have seen many people leave their jobs to prepare for the exam. Then, there are prelims, the main exam, and the interview round in the UPSC exam. Besides, all candidates must clear all the games to get shortlisted. Talking about the difficulty of the exam, to clear the IAS exam, one must show a high level of dedication and exceptional efforts. However, we have also seen many success stories who cleared the exam with a good rank. Hence, if you are serious about your goal, you can also achieve it.
Note – One can visit the wiki page of the IAS exam to understand all the details related to the IAS Exam. Click Here.
Public Administration for UPSC
Further, let us talk about the Public Administration books pdf for the UPSC exam. It is one of the popular optional subjects for the IAS. Besides, on average, 2500 students in the main exam. The optional subject is divided into two papers that carry 250 marks in each article. Choosing the right optional topic plays a vital role in the UPSC exam. So, one must understand their skills before selecting the optional subject. One cannot choose any subject randomly and don’t choose any subject only because everyone is choosing the same. One must go through the complete syllabus of the paper before selecting the optional subject and refer to the previous year’s papers to understand the paper pattern and other details. Below we have added the pros and cons of the subject.
- In the first place, syllabus of the paper is short when compared with other optional subject. Further, it contains a less core concepts.
- To complete the syllabus, you don’t need many books, a few books are enough.
- Further, it contains dynamic topics, so it will help you with current affairs in the paper 2.
- So, students can get good marks in this subject with proper study of the subject.
- As this subject is taken by many students, so there is huge competition.
- Then, a few topics in the subject are difficult to understand. Further, UPSC started started asking unconventional question, that is difficult to answer.
Public Administration Books for UPSC
Further, it is the essential part of the article; we have listed all book details according to chapters.
- Chapter 1 – Introduction : Mohit Bhattacharya – New Horizons of Public Administration
- Nicholas Henry – Public Administration and Public Affairs Special Issues of Indian Journal of Public Administration
- Chapter 2 – Theories of Administration – D. Ravindra Prasad, P. Satyanarayana, and V.S. Prasad
- Administrative Thinkers by D. Gvishiani Organisation and Management: A Critique of Western Theories
- Chapter 3 – Structure of Public Organizations by R.K. Jain : Public Sector Undertakings
- and Mohit Bhattacharya – New Horizons of Public Administration
- Chapter 4 – Administrative Behaviour : Paul Hersey : Organisational Behaviour
- Stephen P. Robbin : Organisational Behaviour
- Chapter 5 – Accountability and Control by Mohit Bhattacharya
- Chapter 6 – Administrative Public Administration: Massey : Administrative Public Administration or M.P. Jain
- Chapter 7 – Administrative Reforms : P.R. Dubbashi
- Chapter 8 -Comparative Public Administration
- Ferrel Heady : Public Administration-A Comparative Perspective
- Chapter 9 – Development Administration – Ferrel Heady – Public Administration – A Comparative Perspective
- Chapter 10 – Public Policy – IGNOU Lessons on Public Policy R. K. Sapra : Public Policy
- Chapter 1 – Evolution of Indian Administration
- B.N. Puri Administrative History of India (Vol. I, II ) (Volume. III)
- Chapter 2 : Constitutional Framework – D. D. Basu An Introduction to the Constitution of India
- Chapter 3 : Union Government and Administration – Central Administration by A. Avasthi
- Chapter 4 : State Government and Administration – J.D. Shukla State Administration
- Chapter 5 : District Administration – T.N. Chaturvedi District Administration
- Chapter 6 : Local Government – S.R. Maheswari Local Government in India
- Chapter 7 : Public Sector in India – R. K. Jain Public Sector Undertakings, Annual Survey on Public Sector of Department of Public Enterprises
Further, you can click on the below link for the complete details on the public administration optional books PDF. You can also download and make points on the same.
Tips to study Public Administration
- In the first place, this subject is analytical and needs interlinking of theory with examples of governance. So, it is important for one to have a good understanding of the subject.
- Further, one must try to give examples, as it will add more value to the answer. As we have already mentioned above, this subject is popular, there is a competition, one must study smart.
- Besides, there are many books and material available. So, it is essentail for students to understand which right books are the right books and materials for the exam.
- one must also do revison and give mock tests. It will help you to understand topics and know your skills.
- One must also refer to the previous year question paper, it will give you brief idea about the subject, pattern, and the syllabus. Lastly, to clear this exam not only the subject knowledge, but one must also show hard work and dedication towards the exam.
UPSC Exam Coaching
After understanding the IAS exam syllabus, it is normal to get tensed. But, one should be calm and composed. With the proper preparation, one can clear the exam. Further, you choose to go for the coaching classes, or one can study on their own. It depends on one person to the other. So, if you are confident with your skills and can cover the complete syllabus, you can go for self-study. However, there are many coaching classes in various cities. So, if you join classes, it comes with many advantages. But, no need to worry. There are examples of people who have cleared the exam without coaching classes and on the first attempt. So, it completely depends on your hard work and dedication. Besides, you can click here to learn about the various IAS coaching classes in different cities.
We believe reading the success stories of the IAS officers will help students prepare for the exam. So, we have covered some inspiring stories. Click here to know more about it.
To conclude, we have added complete details of the public administration optional books for the UPSC PDF. Referring to the best books is very important for the IAS exam. Therefore, this article will help you by providing the book details. Further, we understand that it is not possible to study from all books. So, you can understand your needs and refer to only those books. Besides, the IAS exam demands full hard work. It is not easy to clear the exam. Further, one must follow the right plan and strategy to clear the exam. Therefore, in our other article, we have added all the information about the UPSC exam. You will find details like the IAS exam pattern, syllabus, books, tips, application form, and other vital information. Click Here. Then, we wish you good luck with the exam, prepare well for the exam.
Lastly, we will look into a few FAQs for more details.
Talking about the books, there are many books available for the subject. However, in the above article, we have added essential books for the UPSC exam preparations.
It is not hard, but in recent times there is a record of some difficulty with questions asked in the exam.
It is one of the popular optional subjects for the UPSC exam. As it is easy, many students take this subject, so there is a competition.
No, it is not. One can clear the exam by studying on their own. But, if you want to improve your skills, you can take up coaching classes.
Editor’s Note | Public Administration Books for UPSC
In brief, in the article, you will get all the information related to the public administration books for UPSC pdf. To clear the most challenging exam, one needs a high level of commitment and hard work to fulfill this exam, and there is a need for good books. Further, you can’t waste your time by referring to random books. So, the article will help you in finding the best books for this subject. Besides, one can make notes and study during the exam. But, then, one must take care while choosing the optional subject, know your skills and choose the subject. Besides, you can also go through the complete syllabus before choosing the optional subject.
Lastly, we wish you all the very best for the UPSC exam. We all know that it is not easy to clear the exam, but you can become the next IAS officer if you are serious about your goals with the right plan and direction. You will find the necessary link