Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is also known as UP PSC conducts a state-level exam every year. They recruit civil servants through this exam. However, it falls under the Govt. of India just like other state public service commissions. We already gave you UPPSC full form. Now, if you read further, you will get to know every detail about the exam. This detail includes the UPPSC age limit and other eligibility criteria. Let’s get started without any further delay.
- Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Exam Pattern of UPPSC
- Eligibility Criteria for the Exam (Including UPPSC Age Limit)
- Brief Syllabus for the Examination
- A Brief Book Guide for UPPSC Candidates
- Important FAQs
- Editor’s Note | UPPSC
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
UP PSC is one of the most important exams for high govt. office positions. Every recruit is responsible for the service towards the country and state. Students have to submit an online application. Although the exam will be conducted in an offline mode. UP PSC conducts the exam once a year. Just like other Public Service exams it also has three steps. They are Prelims, Mains, and Interview round. Have a look at the exam pattern and eligibility criteria, syllabus, and more.
Exam Pattern of UPPSC
There were some changes in Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC full form) exam pattern. Check that out. We have listed that here for you.
- Like other PSC exams, it also has two papers. Paper-I which is General Studies I and Paper- II which is General Studies II (CSAT).
- Both papers have 200 marks each. Paper I is for merit ranking while paper II is a qualifying paper for Mains. Similarly paper I have 150 questions and paper II has 100 questions. However, both are objective type in nature.
- Candidates need to score at least 33% in the qualifying paper of UPPSC. But this exam has the rule of negative markings. They deduct 0.33% of obtained marks for each wrong answer. Also, you can’t mark more than one option in your OMR sheet. It will be regarded as a wrong answer. So, be careful while answering. But there won’t be any negative marking if you left any questions blank.
- There are eight papers for Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UP PSC full form) Mains exam. They are General Hindi, GS I, GS II, GS III, GS IV, Optional Subject Paper I, and II.
- In the exam, they will get 3 hours for each paper. And, also there a week’s duration between the papers. Mains questions are descriptive type. It also includes essays. General Hindi and Essay papers have 150 marks each. On the other hand except for those two subjects other papers have 200 marks each. Optional papers also have 200 marks. The total mark is 1500.
- As I said before, there were some changes in the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC full form) exam pattern. Well, as per the new syllabus, applicants can choose only one optional subject in Mains. And it should be from the mentioned 34 subjects.
UPPSC Interview/ Personality Test
Now, this round is only for those who already cleared the Mains. In this round, the board members will test the candidate’s personality. Because they will hold important positions. In addition, their intelligence, general awareness, character, etc. will also go under the test. The interview round is assigned 100 marks. It is the most crucial round for the exam.
Check Out: APPSC – Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (AP PSC)
Eligibility Criteria for the Exam (Including UPPSC Age Limit)
- If someone wants to appear in the exam, he/she have to meet some criteria. UPPSC age limit is a minimum of 21 years and a maximum of 42 years. There is some relaxation in the age limit though. For SC, St, OBC, and skilled classified game players have 5 years of age limit relaxation. it also applied to the U.P govt. employees. Physically handicapped candidates will have 15 years of age limit relaxation.
- As for posts like Range Forest Officer, Dy. Sp, Excise Inspector, etc. they need to reach physical requirements too.
- Now, look at what you need for educational qualification. Applicants need to have a graduation degree from any recognized university. Or if he/she has any equivalent qualification, can apply for the exam.
- However, certain posts need a specific qualification. District Cane Officer needs Agriculture graduates. Senior Lecturer. DIET needs PG with B.Ed. Tax Assistance Officer needs to have B.A. in Commerce or Economics with 55% marks, etc. These are some of those post-specific qualifications.
Because of changes in Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC full form), there are some new things. But you can check it out on their official website too.
Brief Syllabus for the Examination
You can’t prepare for an exam if you don’t know about the syllabus thoroughly. That’s why we have prepared a rough idea about UPPSC syllabus. So that you can have an idea about what you need to read.
- Current Affairs: It’s always been an essential part of the PCS syllabus. Candidates need to know about every current affair. It is regarding national and international aspects.
- History: It broadens the students’ view towards India’s past which is important. So, they have to read Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Indian History. Also, this syllabus covers every Indian History including its freedom movements.
- Geography: Similarly, the syllabus covers Indian and World Geography too. But, usually, the questions come from the Physical and Economic Geography of India.
- Politics and Economics: For Prelims, you have to study the whole Indian Politics, Constitution, Rights, and all. Candidates also have to study the current economical and social status of India. It is an important topic for the exam.
- General Science: UP PSC Prelims General Science syllabus is logical. It tries to make students know about basic scientific understanding. It has Ecology, Bio-diversity, general awareness, etc.
- GS Paper II: This paper has various types of topics. Comprehension, logical reasoning, etc. is in this paper. Mental ability, communication skills, problem-solving and analytical ability, etc are also in it. Mathematics, Hindi, and English are up to Class X level.
We are going to mention all the topics candidates need to read further for the UPPSC Mains exam.
- Essay (700 words): As for SEC-A – (1) Social (2) Political (3) Literature, and Culture. SEC-B – (1) Environment, Technology, and Science (2) Economy (3) Agriculture, Trade, and Industry. SEC-C – (1) Natural Calamity (2) International and National events (3) National Developments. Candidates have to choose any one topic from each section.
- GS Paper I: Ancient, Modern, and medieval history of India. World History – From 18th to middle 20th Century. Indian Society, its development, liberalization, women’s place in society. social empowerment. Physical Geography, Natural resources of India. Human Migration. History, Geography, and Culture of Uttar Pradesh.
- GS Paper II: Indian Constitution and Laws. The judgment of the Supreme Court, Parliament, etc. all in a detailed way. Country developments, schemes, and Issues. India’s relation with neighbor countries, etc. Details about UP Govt.
- GS Paper III: It is the most important paper of the Mains. Students have to read updated textbooks as well as follow the current affairs. Economical and development issues, Budget, unemployment, etc. Industry, E-tech, Economical Globalization, Science in India, etc. Infrastructure, Ecology, wildlife, and its security. Disaster Management. international and internal security, etc. Everything regarding those topics for UP too.
- GS Paper IV (Ethics): Well, this paper is the newest addition to the UP PSC syllabus. So, there are not many strategies for it. However, we still tried to gather all we can. Candidates have to read about Ethics and Attitude. They also have to read about the Contribution of moral thinkers. It also includes emotional intelligence, public values, and case studies on those topics.
The interview round is almost similar to the IAS interview round. So, there is the no different syllabus for it. Just be prepared for every aspect.
Finally, these are the syllabus for Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UP PSC full form).
A Brief Book Guide for UPPSC Candidates
Well, by now you already know about UPPSC full form and Age limit. There is not much difference between the IAS book guide and the PSC book guide. NCERTs are really important in both of the cases. Those books are written in a logical and detailed way. So, basically, it strengthens candidates base on topics. Also, you can check out those books written by renowned authors. Some of them are R S Sharma, Spectrum, G C Leong, and all. As for current affairs, Yojana and Kurukshetra magazine will be helpful. However, keep reading local newspapers to know what’s happening in the state. Keep on check Indian laws and politics because it keeps changing from time to time.
Also, Go through: UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2020 – Excel in CSE (IAS Exam)
The UP PSC full form is Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission.
Well, of course, it is. IAS exam is conducted for all Indian candidates while UP PSC is only for Uttar Pradesh. Because it is a state-level exam.
The UPPSC age limit is min-21 years and max-42 years.
Certainly. But is you get prepared then it is not that tough you know. Also, remember that it is one of the most-important PSC exams.
Surely. NCERTs are one of the must-reads for the exam.
Editor’s Note | UPPSC
These are pretty much all the information you need to know regarding the exam. But if you are willing to know more about the UPPSC then you can visit their official website. That will surely help you to learn many criteria in detail. All the best and keep going!!