To begin with, The Public Service Commission, West Bengal or PSCWB (West Bengal Public Service Commission). It is the state agency which is responsible for conducting the WBPSC Examination/West Bengal PSC Exam/PSCWB Exam. To hire candidates for the various posts of state of West Bengal. Candidates are hired for the different positions for Group A, B, C, and D services. The exam is known in different names such as WBPSC Exam, PSC WB Exam, WBSC Exam.
- Eligibility Criteria – WBPSC Exam
- Pattern – PSCWB Exam
- How to apply for WBPSC Exam 2020?
- FAQs – WBPSC Exam
- Editor’s Note | WBPSC Exam
Formed – 1 April 1937
Jurisdiction – West Bengal
Commission Executive – Debashis Bose
Parent Department – Government of West Bengal
Parent Commission – Union Public Service Commission
To know more – wbpsc.gov.in (Official Website)
Eligibility Criteria – WBPSC Exam
Similarly, like all the other exams, PSCWB /WBPSC (West Bengal Public Service Commission) exam, also have certain criteria to write the exam.
- Educational Qualification
- Then, it’s Age Limit
- Lastly, Physical Fitness
Educational Qualification – WBPSC Exam
Before education, one should know that a candidate must be an Indian citizen, and one should know how to read and write in Bengali.
Then, a degree from a government known University and a good understanding of Bengali language. However, if candidates have Nepali as their primary language, it’s not needed.
Age Limit – WBPSC Exam
Next, coming to age limit. It id different for every group, so it is as follows:
- The minimum age limit for PSCWB Exam for Group A and C is 21 years, Group B is 20 years, and for Group D is 21 years.
- Then, the maximum age limit for PSCWB Exam for Group A and C is 36 years, Group B is 36 years, and for Group D is 39 years.
- The age limits apply for all the candidates, whether in Government service or not.
Physical Fitness – WBPSC Exam
In the first place, for PSC WB Exam, WBPSC(West Bengal Public Service Commission), the base tallness necessity is 1.65 meters for male candidates and 1.50 meters for female candidates. Relaxation will be provided for the candidates from races such as Gorkhas, Garwalis, Assamese Tribals and so on.
Pattern – PSCWB Exam
Then next is, the pattern of WBPSC Exam, contain three stages :
- To begin with, it’s Prelims Exam
- Then, the Main Exam
- Lastly, Personality Test
Prelims – WBPSC Exam
Later, for the Prelims test of PSC WB exam, mainly contain questions of objective form. One should know the marks of this test will not be considered for last WBPSC exam result. The time allocated is 2 hours. All the candidates who clear the test are required to take the WBPSC principle test.
Main Exam – WBPSC Exam
Furthermore, for the main exam includes six papers and two discretionary subjects. So, the total number of papers is eight. The marks of this exam will be considered for the final result, along with personality test marks.
Personality Test – PSC WB Exam
Finally, after you complete both the WBPSC exams, you are required to give this exam. The main objective of this exam to test candidates for different abilities. For example, how you think and act, it’s more of testing your characteristics.
Similarly, now let us understand the syllabus of the WBPSC Exam.
Prelims Exam – WBPSC Exam
As we all know, the questions are in the of multiple-choice. Then, the time given to the candidates is two hours. So, below find the subjects of prelims test. Every subject contains 25 marks each, hence, making a total of 200.
- English Composition
- General Science
- Current events of National and International importance
- History of India
- Geography of India mainly of West Bengal
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Indian National Movement
- Finally, General Mental Ability
Main Exam – WBPSC Exam
Likewise, now will understand what all it contains for the main exam. So, there are six compulsory papers and two are discretionary papers. Every paper contains 200 marks and time is 3 hours.
|SL.No||Paper Name – West Bengal PSC Exam||Marks|
|Paper 3||GS 1 – It includes Indian History, especially one should give more importance to West Bengal||200|
|Paper 4||GS 2 – Then, it contain Science and Scientific & Technology, General knowledge, and current affairs||200|
|Paper 5||Constitution of India and Indian Economy||200|
|Paper 6||Basic Arithmetic Reasoning skills||200|
|Paper 7||Optional Subject – Paper 1||200|
|Paper 8||Optional Subject – Paper 2||200|
How to apply for WBPSC Exam 2020?
Generally, you need to visit the official website and follow the below steps:
- To begin with, you need to have a good functioning mobile phone. So, you will receive OTP for the login procedure. You will then receive the enrolment number and password.
- Later, you can easily sign with the help of enrolment number and password for filling the WBPSC online application.
- Then, in the dashboard click on the application structures. After that, check for the eligibility conditions before going further.
- Next, you need to choose the respective application, form and fill the details and save it.
- Later, you need a photo and signature, and also mark sheets. Upload everything and save them.
- Then, fill your educational details and also including what do you prefer for the service and save it.
- Lastly, the application will show up. Check all the details you entered are correct or no, as you cannot make changes after paying the fees.
- Finally, you are required to pay the fees. You have two options, one is online payment, and the other is offline mode. Pay the fees and keep print of your application.
Then, for the admit card, you should visit the same official site, and you can directly download it from there. Admit card is very essential, document especially to write the exam.
Tips – PSCWB Exam
To conclude, West Bengal PSC Exam is hard but it doesn’t mean it’s not possible to clear. Study hard and put your efforts, as a result, it will help you to achieve your goals. Lastly, some of the tips which will help you to focus.
- Make the best use of the time available for you. As we all know, time once has gone will never come back for anyone, if you are serious about your dreams, then you are not allowed waste time.
- Regularly, read newspapers, it’s important. Because along with subject knowledge you need to have general knowledge especially Current Affairs. You need to know what’s happening around you.
- Later, you need to regularly give mock tests which will help you to improve in the sections where you lack.
- Above all, taking care of yourself is the most important thing, and it’s essential. If you are strong physically and also mentally then only you will able to concentrate on your studies. Have good food and sleep well, as a result of this it will help you more to focus on studies.
- For some time till you finish your exam, it’s better to avoid wasting time by using mobile phones and hanging out with your friends. But, you can take a break, whenever it’s necessary. It makes your mind fresh and helps you to concentrate more on your studies.
- Lastly, your self-confidence is an important key. If you believe in yourself, you can achieve your goals. Don’t let anything to affect your goals. Be focused and work hard.
Conclusion – WBPSC Exam
In brief, candidates need to balance everything appropriately. Regularly, studying is key. If you are serious about your future, it’s essential for your work hard with proper time management and especially takes care of your health when exams are nearing. Then, it is always believed you should never give up on something which you always wanted in your life.
Initially, it’s difficult, but once you are focused, it’s not at all hard. Lastly, Good luck on your exams and keep going.
FAQs – WBPSC Exam
Generally, for general category candidates, it’s four times, for OBC it’s seven times, and for SC/ST is unlimited, but one should keep age limit in their mind.
Yes, you can apply the WBPSC Exam online by visiting their official website. Then, you can follow the steps which are mentioned in this article. Furthermore, you need to regularly visit the website for fresh updates.
Generally, the minimum age is 21 years, and the maximum age is 36 years. But, relaxation will be provided for reserved categories.
As a rule, Bengali is not compulsory for WBPSC Exam. However, for Paper-I and Paper-II it is optional with few other languages namely Hindi, Urdu, Nepali, English, and Santali.
Editor’s Note | WBPSC Exam
This article is all about West Bengal PSC exam, here you will find, complete details about PSC WB exam. It can be any kind of exam there will be certain rules and regulations associated with it. So, you are required to properly research before writing the exam. In that case, the above article will be very helpful. However, with all the above information, your hard work is needed to clear the exam.