We will try to understand the details of the Monthly Current Affairs Magazine. Current Affairs play a major role in the IAS exam. Therefore, along with taking care of other subjects, one must give equal importance to UPSC’s monthly current affairs magazine. Therefore, to help you with the current affairs and other related details, we have added information from the UPSC current affairs magazine. So, let’s begin.
To begin with, the IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC authority every year. We see many IAS aspirants apply for the exam. The preparations for the IAS exam require a high level of dedication and hard work. Many people quit their jobs to prepare for the exam, and a few people give in between. It means to achieve your goals, and one has to be focused. There are many things to be taken care of in the IAS exam. From filling the application form to the results. So, one must understand the exam procedure details.
Further, talking about the IAS exam pattern, it has three main stages. The first stage is a preliminary exam, the second stage is the main exam, and lastly, there is an interview round. One must clear all the stages of the exam to go to the next stage. The preliminary exam question will be objective type, and there are two papers. Then, in the main exam, questions are descriptive type, and there are nine papers. Further, the IAS exam syllabus is vast, and one must cover the complete syllabus to get the best results. Besides, in the article, we have mainly focussed on the UPSC Monthly Current Affairs Magazine. However, one must also have equal importance for the current affairs.
If you are looking for the details of the IAS exam like exam pattern, syllabus, books, tips, admit card, and other exam details. To help you with the same, we have added all the essential information in our other articles, Read More.
Current Affairs in the UPSC exam is the most difficult subject. Questions are asked in the exam are directly from the current events and news. Therefore, it becomes important for one to know about the latest national and international news information. But, then, there is no exact syllabus for current affairs. So, it becomes important for the aspirants to analyze the previous year’s question paper to know the trading topics. Further, to know weightage and how questions are interlinked with the other subjects. As this section of the UPSC is general, one must take care of the syllabus and how they will study for the exam. Although there are many sources available to study, we have added the details below. You can read from those which fulfill your requirements.
Monthly Current affairs magazine for UPSC
Below we have added details of the Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
- National newspaper – The Hindu or Indian Express.
- Government Monthly Magazines like Yojana and Kurukshetra
- Rajya Sabha TV Debates
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- India Year Book by publication division, Government of India (Yearly )
- Other government publications, like India Year Book and Economic Survey
- Audio and Video resources: RSTV channel, All India Radio Spotlight discussion.
Importance of Current Affairs
Probably there might be a question on your mind, why are current affairs important for the exam?
As we have mentioned above, current affairs play a significant role in the UPSC exam. To get the best results in the exam, one studies current affairs and knows about the latest news. In the recent five years, every year, there were almost 30 questions in the prelims. So, it becomes necessary for the aspirants to make a proper plan in the prelims and the main exam answers of descriptive type. It requires a multidimensional approach dealing with economic issues, polity, national interest, election reforms, social issues, etc. Further, some of the topics in current affairs are interlinked with General studies 2 and General Studies 3. Then, talking about the interview round, they will not only check your subject knowledge, but they check your ability to deal with real situations and your interest in current events.
You can visit the official website for more information on the IAS exam and UPSC details. Click Here.
Main Topics in Current Affairs
After understanding the Monthly Current Affairs Magazine, now we will look into the important topics from the exam point of view in the current affairs. So, below we have added the important topics.
- Economics – In this section, one must concentrate on the Indian economy, banking, finance, international reports, unemployement, poverty. Then, topics like India and its trade agreement, WTO, IMF, World Bank, and multilateral platforms for trade,
- Polity – In this section, there will be topics like Rajya Sabha, Lok Sabha, constitution of India, Bills and Acts, governance, social issues, center-state relations, electoral reforms, etc.
- Art and Culture – It is related to the National heritage sites, monuments, national festivals, dance forms, painiting, etc.
- Environment – news realted to the Conservation of Biodiversity, climate change, COP, Biodiversity at Global, National, and regional level, Wildlife- threatened species, etc.
- Science and Technology – In this section, one must take care of the latest scientific developements, Indian Space Program, artificial intelligence, biotechnology, communication, technologies, etc.
- Then, one must also know about the government schemes, government policies, laws, etc. Further, understanding of the annual budget and economic survey of the current year.
How to prepare for Current Affairs
Now, when we have understood the details of the current affairs. Now we will give you some tips for the current affairs preparations.
- One must focus on the issues and not on the news – It means one must not only focus headlines, but one must understand the issues details as well. That means one must focus on the data, facts, reports, etc.
- Further, it is not possible to read from all the sources. So, keep youe sources limited and try to study from them.
- Have a practice of making the notes. It will help you to remember things easily. So, whenever you study from the news paers try to make notes in your own points. So, make notes according to dates and topics.
- Make a proper use of time. For this purpose you can prepare the time table and give time for all the subjects. Further, give some time for revision as well.
- Try to refer to the previous year paers, to know the exam pattern and topics. You can solve 10 – 12 papers, it will help you with the exam preparations.
- Revision is very important for any exam, so one must revise regularly. Make sure the when you complte certain topics before starting the new topics, revise old topics.
- You can also give mock tests, it will also help you effectively. It will give you the feel of the final paper. Then, regularly read the news papers to know the latest news.
Conclusion – Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
In the article, you will find the complete information of the monthly current affairs magazine for the UPSC exam. If you are preparing yourself for the IAS exam, you must be already aware of the importance of the current affairs in the UPSC exam. Therefore, we have covered important topics in current affairs and the information of the monthly magazine for UPSC. Further, we have added some sources of information. Of course, one can’t study from all the books, so you can decide which are sources are best according to your requirements.
However, one cannot ignore studying current affairs. To get the best results, try to study and give equal importance. As there is no exact syllabus, you can refer to the previous year’s question papers for more details on the current affairs topics. So, know the latest topics and study. Please make your own notes, and it will help you during exam time. We know it is not easy, but one can clear the exam with the best results with the right plan. This exam will check not only your knowledge but also your hard work and dedication towards the exam. So, if you are an IAS aspirant, you must be a hard worker.
Below we have added some FAQs.
Which are the best monthly current affairs magazine?
There are a few best magazines for current affairs like Yojana, Kurukshetra magazine, and some websites. You can find more details in the above article.
Yes, it is one of the best for the current affairs preparation for the UPSC exam.
As the syllabus of the current affairs is not specific. One must know about the latest news, and one must refer to the best magazines.
Editor’s Note | Monthly Current Affairs Magazine
In the above article, you will get the complete information of the monthly magazine for the UPSC exam. Current affairs are a significant part of the IAS exam, and one must not ignore this section. This article will help you with the details of the magazine and websites for the current affairs preparations. So, along with studying the other subjects, give equal importance to the current affairs. It is normal to get tensed in the exam, but be calm and prepare for the exam. Understand the exam syllabus and the exam pattern. Know which are the best books, work hard to achieve your goals. So, follow some exam strategies and start preparing for the IAS exam. We wish you good luck.